Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

in the video on the Vodafone site, i think they said they were playing the Rankin Woods stage on Saturday night, can't remember if they said headlining or not.

They said on their FB chat on the EP page that they are closing out the rankin stage on the saturday night. Thats where I'll be

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

No sign of when Kelis is playing...or have I missed her?
    What stage is left to be announced now?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

murdog! wrote: »

^^^^ That's Stradbally in Connaught!!

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Stradbally/

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

pinkypinky wrote: »

Still have Rankin tent and Little Big tent to be announce. Would say she is in the Little big tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

pinkypinky wrote: »

Ya i know, quite a few acts left to be announced..perhaps the little big tent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

does anybody know upon arrival do you get like a thing you can put around your neck with all the stage times on a card?

Ive got them at other festivals but never been EP and just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

byrneg28 wrote: »
    does anybody know upon arrival do you get like a thing you can put around your neck with all the stage times on a card?

You have to pay for the lanyards - no idea how much as have never bought one

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Yep you sure do, but you obv have to pay for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

getting old so i booked pink moon camping. can i ask, when going into the site for the first time (i.e. getting your ticket scanned and getting wristband), do they do this at the paintball entrance or is it only the main 'abbeyleix' entrance? hoping to park in car park Z so it would be a ridiculous journey if you have to go all the way around from there to pink moon.... cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

roll wrote: »
    getting old so i booked pink moon camping. can i ask, when going into the site for the first time (i.e. getting your ticket scanned and getting wristband), do they do this at the paintball entrance or is it only the main 'abbeyleix' entrance? hoping to park in car park Z so it would be a ridiculous journey if you have to go all the way around from there to pink moon.... cheers

I went in at the paintball entrance last time I think and got wrist band #1 there, then #2 at pink moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

What would be the quickest entrance to go into?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

You need to go through the main entrance then follow signs for Pink Moon camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

tonc76 wrote: »
    You have to pay for the lanyards - no idea how much as have never bought one
    Yep you sure do, but you obv have to pay for it :)

Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Still have Rankin tent and Little Big tent to be announce. Would say she is in the Little big tent.

Cosby also yet to be announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Yeah think they were €10 for the lanyard and a programme book! You'll see people with wheely bins scattered around the place selling them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

BadTurtle wrote: »

Yeah, i'd guess Cosby for Slowdive and perhaps Steve Malkmus.

Someone mentioned Slowdive for Sunday, is that confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

There's still 3 stages to announce people!! Stop worrying! LBT, Rankin and the one that people seem to be forgetting a lot, Cosby. Last year it had Jagwar Ma, CHVRCHES and Savages on it so it's still very much a main arena stage.

Big acts like Jungle, Kelis, FKA twigs, Slowdive and Duke Dumont still without homes at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Tommy54 wrote: »
    What would be the quickest entrance to go into?

You don't have an option.. It will have a gate number on your ticket! I qued up one year at the wrong gate! Disaster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

For the Android App:

BUG WARNING: If you add to Itinerary or Reminders some of the clashfinder acts that have not guaranteed start and end times (e.g at the moment The Minutes and Cathy Davey) REMOVE THEM and wait for the stage times to stabilise (official times tomorrow morning in the irish times?).

If you have these added and those times change then the app will not start again.. you will need to either uninstall and reinstall… or remove data from System Settings->Apps. You will then need a network connection to start again and you will have lost your itinerary and reminders.

In short, remove those acts until the stage times are finalised.

Sorry about the potentially nasty bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Yeah, i'd guess Cosby for Slowdive and perhaps Steve Malkmus.

Someone mentioned Slowdive for Sunday, is that confirmed?
    Saw a tweet from a SlowdiveDB account confirming them for Sunday, though that could be codswallop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Still waiting for...

Jungle, Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, Asgeir, Kelis, Vancoucer Sleep Clinic, Vaults, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Flume, Temples, **** Robot... And the possibility of a second Glass Animals show outside of B&S.

The clashes are already numerous. But avoiding that Beck/St Vincent issue has made my whole week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

Are the trailer park stages timetables anywhere to be found?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lee711

whats the story with the times for bringing cans into the main arena? There's one link on the website saying you can after 11pm, and another saying that you can after the bars close...

which is it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

lee711 wrote: »
    whats the story with the times for bringing cans into the main arena? There's one link on the website saying you can after 11pm, and another saying that you can after the bars close...

which is it??

It's when the bars closed. They used to close at 11pm, hence the confusion. It's 12 on Friday and 1 on Saturday now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

I know I'm asking a lot, but please baby jeesis don't let Flume, Rusite, Kaytranada, Annie M or Asgeir clash!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Don't know where you read that but you can bring 4 cans after midnight Fri and Sunday and 1am Saturday. Same as bar closing times there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

you can go in either entrance. the Paintball one, and parking in Car Park x or Z is by far the shortest way to Pink Moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,742 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

BadTurtle wrote: »

Can't wait for his set, with the bippin and the boppin, and the hippin and the hoppin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

everlast75 wrote: »
    Can't wait for his set, with the bippin and the boppin, and the hippin and the hoppin ;)

..so they don't know what the Jaazzzz is all about, y'see?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

When it comes to festivals, Le Galaxie are a sure thing. A guaranteed good time. A dead cert. A sure bet.
    At this year's EP, rather than their usual fare, the lads will be be bringing their trigger-timed Laser Disco Nights DJ light show to the Rankin Wood Stage on Saturday night.
    Here's the quartet to explain what it's all about…

So it's actually a live set with some DJing rather than the advertised DJ set.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement