Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

They clearly don't know what the festival is about. Leaving Cert kids missing Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I'm not sure who I'd like to see... *thinks*

Some Jagwar Ma, September Girls, Parlour Flames, Palma Violets, Jesus and Mary Chain, Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Chemical Brothers, Noely G...

Hopefully a band that hasn't been rumoured as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Ah now! Kooks would be great on a small stage IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I'd like to see, O Emperor, Foals, Bastille ( I know but still) Villagers, LGC, Outkast, Blur, QOTSA, John Grant and thats just off the top of my head.
    Django Django were fecking ace at Longitude last year as well. Could go for a bit of that again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dont care what ye say id love if Kasabian played but rather they took a break instead of playing Ireland every year .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

GenieOz wrote: »
    Ah now! Kooks would be great on a small stage IMO

Yeah, preferably a EP portaloo.

nocoverart wrote: »
    Yeah, preferably a EP portaloo.

Don't understand the hate towards them at all tbh. Hard to believe they'd be out in the same category as Coldplay and Kasabian..I mean come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Genuinely fearful for this years picnic if I'm honest
    On the EP Facebook page 98% of the comments seem to be made by foetuses looking for acts that are so not what this festival was ever about. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Of the rumours I think QOTSA and Outkast would be good. Fairly easy going about it and probably go anyways but I would really love to see Pet Shop Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Mr.S wrote: »
    My guess for headliners:

Basement Jaxx
    Beck
    OutKast

Perhaps a return of Lykke Li?

Didn't rate her at all when saw her at EP. Think she'd have been much better suited in a tent than the main stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Not overly familiar with Outkast besides a few songs but kinda surprised how popular they are! Is their tour a once off or what's the story? What stuff of theirs is worth checking out?

Eod100 wrote: »
    Not overly familiar with Outkast besides a few songs but kinda surprised how popular they are! Is their tour a once off or what's the story? What stuff of theirs is worth checking out?

Yea its a once off , celebrating 20 years since their first album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Eod100 wrote: »

Stankonia would probably be the best album to start on if you're not familiar with them. Then if you're liking that check out ATLiens or Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik. The Love Below is Andres side of The Speakerboxxx album and more Rnb/Poppy than their other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

I see the snobbery has kicked back in. Can't wait for the line-up announcement, people here will be livid.

I'd really like to see St. Vincent (on her own) this year. Always thought she was a pretentious, artsy fartsy full of sh1t cnut! (probably still is) but holy crap! her new album :p magic!

Really am excited for the line up but honestly..I'll go no matter what either way so it's all the same :/

LUPE wrote: »
    I see the snobbery has kicked back in. Can't wait for the line-up announcement, people here will be livid.

You're right! mediocrity always wins the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Can someone please explain to me what the story is with Outkast. As far as I can remember they had one hit song which wasn't even that good, are they really fit to headline any decent festival let alone EP? When did they become so famous and sought after?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

LUPE wrote: »

Referring to any comments in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can someone please explain to me what the story is with Outkast. As far as I can remember they had one hit song which wasn't even that good, are they really fit to headline any decent festival let alone EP? When did they become so famous and sought after?

I don't know anything about them myself but they are top of the bill for quite a few of the festivals, I think they are playing Bestival as well as Coachella in the US among others. EP booked Wu Tang last year so they are partial to a bit of hip hop, rap etc on the bill.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Dont care what ye say id love if Kasabian played but rather they took a break instead of playing Ireland every year .

Was gonna say this. An immense live band. Would gladly have them there.

Don't understand the hate towards them at all tbh. Hard to believe they'd be out in the same category as Coldplay and Kasabian..I mean come on!

The same category as Kasabian? They wish.

Someone mentioned snobbery, it seems if you don't like QOTSA it's automatically snobbery.

I'm sure we'll all enjoy the gigs ;)

Corholio wrote: »
    The same category as Kasabian? They wish.

Someone mentioned snobbery, it seems if you don't like QOTSA it's automatically snobbery.

I doubt they wish to be in the same category as them considering where I view Kasabian. I'd rather listen to Kings of Leon, and that's saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

This came up earlier in the thread, try skipping back a few pages.
    The summary is; some consider them as "one of the greatest hip hop duos" others say they're 2-3 hit wonders.
    Either way they'll bring a huge amount of energy, defo worth a look if they did play,
    They're 'hot property' on the festival scene at the moment, could be a difficult one for the promotors to swing?

I doubt they wish to be in the same category as them considering where I view Kasabian. I'd rather listen to Kings of Leon, and that's saying something.

All good man. I'm surprised anyone would see The Kooks above Kasabian, but all good :)

If it was 'Aha Shake...' period Kings of Leon, they'd be worth seeing, Just going through the motions these days, pretty bad motions it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

To be fair if they played their Aha Shake Heartbreak and Because The Times stuff I wouldn't say no!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Does anyone know how to request a discount code? I didn't get an email for a code. I missed last years EP, but I was there the previous two years, so eligible for a code. Is there an email address to send proof to? Is there a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

So men and women, today is finally the day. That day that was 'very soon' just 4 months ago is here, and I am very very excited

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Does anyone know how to request a discount code? I didn't get an email for a code. I missed last years EP, but I was there the previous two years, so eligible for a code. Is there an email address to send proof to? Is there a link?

http://electricpicnic.ie/howtoclaimyourticketdiscountcode

• Advertisement

This wait is killing me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement