Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

should a man bring something to distinguish his blue tent in pink moon at 3am? or is it handy enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

skins (5 packs in individual ziploc bags distributed around your belongings)
    Lighters (you can never have too many… I usually bring about 10 and give away 5 late at night to people getting excited about finding someone with a lighter)

You feel like god.
    Whats the electric garden?

I think someone said earlier on in the thread that it's the VIP bar/area. I think it looks to be the bar the boutique campers have access to, most of the boutique camping places had on their websites when booking "VIP bar wristband supplied".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Any last minute great deals on cans? Not slabs, just a little top-up for the stash. My supply suddenly looks light!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Bin liners
    Hand sanitizer
    Toilet roll and small packets of tissues

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Get into the theatre tent on Sunday and catch -A picture of us -

A funny,charming piece of musical theatre. Sure if nothing else it'll get ya out of the rain...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Whats the sneakiest way to get spirits into the arena?

I'm think fruit shoot sized bottles in the wellies?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Heading up tomorrow in the camper for my first EP. Anyone know if there is any crack the Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Have EP not uploaded timetables on their site? Kinda hasssle to go around looking for different details..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

roll wrote: »
    should a man bring something to distinguish his blue tent in pink moon at 3am? or is it handy enough?

They're numbered, it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Eod100 wrote: »
    Have EP not uploaded timetables on their site? Kinda hasssle to go around looking for different details..
    nope, and they didn't last year either.

clashfinder is your best bet:
    http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2014/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

nope, and they didn't last year either.

clashfinder is your best bet:
    http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2014/

Any idea how come? Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Eod100 wrote: »
    Any idea how come? Thanks for that!

They sell lanyards with all the times on them so it's in their interest that people need to buy those!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

You don't have an option.. It will have a gate number on your ticket! I qued up one year at the wrong gate! Disaster!!

I went in the wrong gate last year with no problem.
    For the Android App:

Sorry about the potentially nasty bug.

That app is the business thank you. I have clicked & reminded everything I want to see. With the big tents yet to be released there is already about five clashes:confused:
    Right trying to make a checklist of what i need to get:

Black bin liners (& roll of 1.49 duct tape from Dealz). Still not convinced by the weather this year. Rain gear also maybe. I think we are going to get some Massive Attack weather this year at some point.

Yeah drugs - painkiller, tummy tablets, dioralyte, etc.
    Gaspode wrote: »
    My lovely wife is knitting me a beer mitt so my hand doesn't freeze off. Lesson from last year: A cold beer in your hand in the wee hours when you're wrecked and really should be in your bed can feel like a block of ice after a while.

Ooh - that is genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I went in the wrong gate last year with no problem.

Maybe i was just unlucky and got a bollox of a steward! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Just checked me ticket for the gate number, didn't even know about that. Starting to panic cos haven't done a thing to prepare. Picking my friend up from the airport in the morning so will be spending tomorrow getting sorted.
    Really hoping the wind dies down cos its fierce blustery out there. Not good for pitching tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Anyone hear back from the Eco Camping people since the first confirmation emails were sent out?

Called them over lunch. You will need to bring the confirmation email that you got with you as they have a list of all people signed up. Spaces will not be allocated but they will be coordinating where tents are pitched in order to maximise the available space.

woohoo .... not long now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

I have made an attempt in Excel at a timetable for the picnic with what’s been announced so far (A4 - 1 page per day)

PDF -
    https://
    drive.google.com/file/d/0B6iJQR38HkYmVUFlcHpyNWhpWU0

I will add Rankins Wood Stage, Cosby Stage and Little Big Tent when they are announced.
    I have seen no times for Salty Dog, Other Voices or the Jerry Fish thingy.

I will post it again when I get the rest of the times.

Sorry about the broken URL

zuluchio wrote: »
    Sorry about the broken URL

I applaud your enthusiasm but there's already a nearly 100% clashfinder and it doesn't require the download of a pdf from someone with 9 posts!

http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2014

Fair enough. I just don't like the layout of clashfinder, purely a personal thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭fafy

I got an e-mail earlier from "Bands In town" flagging some acts I had subscribed to, re Live gigs.

on the list for E.P. is My Bloody Valentine, Franz Ferdinand, and also Fatboy Slim, both playing on the Sunday.

Can't post link due to inadequate posts, but check Bandsintown.com and search for the acts.

Maybe it's a mistake, but theres a "New Act" pencilled in for Electric Arena on Sunday.

Checked Fatboy Slim website, and he is doing a festival on the Saturday, no gigs for August on Franz Ferdinand website, and no gigs at all on MBV website.

fafy wrote: »
    I got an e-mail earlier from "Bands In town" flagging some acts I had subscribed to, re Live gigs.

on the list for E.P. is My Bloody Valentine, Franz Ferdinand, and also Fatboy Slim, both playing on the Sunday.

Can't post link due to inadequate posts, but check Bandsintown.com and search for the acts.

Maybe it's a mistake, but theres a "New Act" pencilled in for Electric Arena on Sunday.

Checked Fatboy Slim website, and he is doing a festival on the Saturday, no gigs for August on Franz Ferdinand website, and no gigs at all on MBV website.
    They played last year.. This happens every year. Bandsintown are some ****ehawks for getting peoples hopes up every time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Is Jenny Lewis still to be popped on the clashfinder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

One upside to the wet weather it might just keep the fecking wasps away!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Didn't they all play last year's EP? Which would suggest an error on the part of the app. I'd be very surprised if the 'new act', pencilled in for just after noon, would be anyone remotely as big as those three!

I applaud your enthusiasm but there's already a nearly 100% clashfinder and it doesn't require the download of a pdf from someone with 9 posts!

Actually, this quite a nice overview also, a different take on clashfinder, and lists the individual stages much better.

I don't know where this "boards.ie newbie snobbery" is coming from, Thank you zuluchio, great effort, and post the updated one when you have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Will wait for your full PDF Zuluchio, I agree with your dislike of Clashfinder. It's functional (and essential!) but the layour makes it difficult to get a full grasp at times. Changing the orientation of it helps but still isn't great.

Actually, this quite a nice overview also, a different take on clashfinder, and lists the individual stages much better.

I don't know where this "boards.ie newbie snobbery" is coming from, Thank you zuluchio, great effort, and post the updated one when you have it.

Not snobbery, new users aren't allowed to post links because new regs are more likely to be bots posting malware. There are much better ways to post what he did, like making the document read only and public on googledocs allowing people to see it updated live without having to download a potential virus.

Don't assume I'm a snob that's fairly ignorant. One love and all that it's a thread for picnic..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

MattD wrote: »
    Noooo, I write my or someone else's number on their arm in a 'IF FOUND, PLEASE RETURN TO X' kinda way. Reserved for people with a history of getting overly giddy and lost!

Ha, I know a few people like that! :D

• Advertisement

Not snobbery, new users aren't allowed to post links because new regs are more likely to be bots posting malware. There are much better ways to post what he did, like making the document read only and public on googledocs allowing people to see it updated live without having to download a potential virus.

Don't assume I'm a snob that's fairly ignorant. One love and all that it's a thread for picnic..

A constructive point on the virus/malware, a point which could have easily been made, without apparently dissing the effort.

Moving on, i'm sure your'e a nice person, were all on the same page, just trying to get complete info on everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement