Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭fafy

zuluchio wrote: »
    I have made an attempt in Excel at a timetable for the picnic with what’s been announced so far (A4 - 1 page per day)

PDF -
    https://
    drive.google.com/file/d/0B6iJQR38HkYmVUFlcHpyNWhpWU0

I will add Rankins Wood Stage, Cosby Stage and Little Big Tent when they are announced.
    I have seen no times for Salty Dog, Other Voices or the Jerry Fish thingy.

I will post it again when I get the rest of the times.

The Jerry Fish times were announced a few days ago, google Jerry-Fish and you will see them.

Other Voices times are apparently not being announced at all.
    There have been a number of acts announced for Other Voices but the days were not specified, (Mirel Wagner, Tiny Ruins, Silences, The Barr Brothers, Nick Mulvey)the only definite day confirmations were for Little Green Cars, Eve Belle - both playing Friday.(time unknown)
    There is also a confirmation for a non gig - Other Voices 4pm Saturday - Banter, see the other voices facebook page August 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

I like Clashfinder because I can omit the stages that I'm not bothered with having a full timetable of. That and I'm ****e with numbers and times, so I much prefer the visual box layout of it. I can get my head around it much faster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

fafy wrote: »
    A constructive point on the virus/malware, a point which could have easily been made, without apparently dissing the effort.

Moving on, i'm sure your'e a nice person, were all on the same page, just trying to get complete info on everything.

I'd hardly start being mean after 50 posts on this thread with a couple of days to go! Just a simple case of me not proof reading my post to see if it could be taken up wrong by anyone else. I wasn't trying to put anyone down, just the no posting links for new users is there for the very reason that people used to come on new accounts and post spam and viruses.

anyway, I love everyone, feel free to add throwing pissbags at frozenfrozen at the salty dog meetup on friday to your clashfinders and other lists!

(please don't actually throw pissbags at me)

MattD wrote: »
    I like Clashfinder because I can omit the stages that I'm not bothered with having a full timetable of. That and I'm ****e with numbers and times, so I much prefer the visual box layout of it. I can get my head around it much faster

Hey, no arguement, different strokes for different folks.

Having the choice is good though, to cover all of peoples requirements, I'll be using both, Clashfinder is great for an overall marking of your choices, finding your clashes, but it's quite small and I like the individual stage lists also.

I'd hardly start being mean after 50 posts on this thread with a couple of days to go! Just a simple case of me not proof reading my post to see if it could be taken up wrong by anyone else. I wasn't trying to put anyone down, just the no posting links for new users is there for the very reason that people used to come on new accounts and post spam and viruses.

anyway, I love everyone, feel free to add throwing pissbags at frozenfrozen at the salty dog meetup on friday to your clashfinders and other lists!

(please don't actually throw pissbags at me)

Were all good here, i see where youre comin from, lets move on !

And i assume you are fine with water bombs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Group hug and dark and stormies at the meet up! A big 'ol love in!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Mogwai clashing with Outkast is devastating, two of my four personal "must-see" acts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Will wait for your full PDF Zuluchio, I agree with your dislike of Clashfinder. It's functional (and essential!) but the layour makes it difficult to get a full grasp at times. Changing the orientation of it helps but still isn't great.

on clashfnder though, you can turn off stages you are not interested in though .. helps a lot.

Mince Pie wrote: »

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

what is together disco at the jerry fish electric sideshow??

also what is the global green area like - any use?
    anyone heard of decks and drums feat. the kilo?

• Advertisement

srm23 wrote: »
    what is together disco at the jerry fish electric sideshow??

Per EP website:
    " the hippest after hour club in the known universe - 'Together Disco' hosted by Ryan Skelton."

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

We happened upon together disco in there last year. Didn't stop dancing for 2 hours!!

Mindfield programme is available, will post link after my 50 th post

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

Is there anything like the My House thing from Body&Soul at EP?

Still no link access

http://leviathan.ie/2014/08/06/mindfield-at-electric-picnic-2014/

http://issuu.com/waltzerdesign/docs/mindfield-ep-14-programme12_issuu/0

The programme above is from the Leviathan website, but it contains the full programme for everything on in the Mindfield area.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

This year is my third year and I've only ever heard or seen of silly things been robbed like folding chairs, flags or the odd hat taken off someone's head! Don't bring anything you can't afford to loose, like iPhones, fancy cameras and such
    DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    I've been to six Picnics and have never had any hassle.
    Its driving me crazy, theres loads left to announce! Suppose it'll be tomorrow for the next one?
    Mince Pie wrote: »

awhhyiss.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭paulbok

zuluchio wrote: »
    I have made an attempt in Excel at a timetable for the picnic with what’s been announced so far (A4 - 1 page per day)

PDF -
    https://
    drive.google.com/file/d/0B6iJQR38HkYmVUFlcHpyNWhpWU0

I will add Rankins Wood Stage, Cosby Stage and Little Big Tent when they are announced.
    I have seen no times for Salty Dog, Other Voices or the Jerry Fish thingy.

I will post it again when I get the rest of the times.

I like this.
    Any chance of saving each stage (or columns of stages) as a .jpg file? It can be saved to the phone, voila, instant cyber-lanyard.

http://leviathan.ie/2014/08/06/mindfield-at-electric-picnic-2014/

http://issuu.com/waltzerdesign/docs/mindfield-ep-14-programme12_issuu/0

The programme above is from the Leviathan website, but it contains the full programme for everything on in the Mindfield area.

For those looking to see the match, if my very weak Irish is correct, they are showing the Dublin V Donegal match in An Puball Gaeilge,(it's listed as Uladh v Laighean but be aware, it's quite a small tent from what I can remember, so it will be rammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

For those looking to see the match, if my very weak Irish is correct, they are showing the Dublin V Donegal match in An Puball Gaeilge,(it's listed as Uladh v Laighean but be aware, it's quite a small tent from what I can remember, so it will be rammed.

Probably rugby..ulster v leinster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

This week is seriously dragging, very much looking forward to those first few cans on Friday afternoon!

I’ve heard the Wilde campsite is a bit more chilled out than Hendrix, so ideally would like to camp there. Myself and herself will be arriving in Stradbally at about half 1 on Friday, will the Wilde campsite be starting to fill up at that stage?

Also our friend’s going to be camping with us, however she won’t be down there until maybe 4pm, would there be any hassle trying to save a bit of space for her tent?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

siblers wrote: »

Ulster and Leinster are playing on Friday but I doubt it's televised as it's a friendly. I'd say that's the Gaa alright.

Naah, It's the gaelic football semi final allright, timetable was probably prepared weeks ago before they knew which teams would be in it, but they knew which provinces would be taking part. Times are an exact match also. They even have an item on during the halftime break.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

no its the football alright..

going to a music festival and skipping things for sport baffles me but each to their own.

garrkell wrote: »
    no its the football alright..

going to a music festival and skipping things for sport baffles me but each to their own.

Me too, but we all have our own fixations, and god knows I have mine !

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

Ive been scanning the threads for a breakdown of the different campsites but cant seem to come across a definitive one.

Its been a few years for me, has anyone posted a brief one liner review or something similar of the different sites. Like which is the quiet one, the noisy one, the messy one, pro's con's etc?

It would be much appreciated and Im sure helpful to others?

Cheers D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Theinsideman

any know when Kaytranada is playing.... cant see it on clash finder?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

ddubs wrote: »
    Ive been scanning the threads for a breakdown of the different campsites but cant seem to come across a definitive one.

Its been a few years for me, has anyone posted a brief one liner review or something similar of the different sites. Like which is the quiet, one the noisy one the messy one, pro's con's etc?

It would be much appreciated and Im sure helpful to others?

Cheers D

There seems to be 2 entrances to the main arena this year so that leaves 2 choices for camp site IMO

Wilde and Hendrix

Wilde:
    Pro
    Close to carpark ( if you get down early)
    Route to main arena takes you past Salty Dog and OV stage.
    Close to RBMA Stage

Cons
    It's mental

Hendrix

Close to Bus Drop off point
    Close to Main arena
    Close to Food

Cons
    Far from Car Park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Decided to go with the Pink Moon Camping!
    can we just show up whatever time now Friday now the spot is reserved yeah??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

There seems to be 2 entrances to the main arena this year so that leaves 2 choices for camp site IMO

Wilde and Hendrix

Wilde:
    Pro
    Close to carpark ( if you get down early)
    Route to main arena takes you past Salty Dog and OV stage.
    Close to RBMA Stage

Cons
    It's mental

Hendrix

Close to Bus Drop off point
    Close to Main arena
    Close to Food

Cons
    Far from Car Park

Is Hendrix not more mental than Wilde? Camped in Hendrix before, was planning on going to Wilde this year under the impression it was a bit quieter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement