Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭blackkeyes

Mogwai, the Minutes and glass animals all clashing! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Lads, Chic are going to be some craic.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, freak OUT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rustyshack leford

Im bringing a proper off-a-bed mattress cause my backs ****ed. Do you think there will be any problem getting it in? Its pretty big and ive it duct taped as tight as i can get it. Hope they dont ask me to open it at the entrance cause itll never fold back up in a million years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

BadTurtle wrote: »
    From the number of people obsessing over them Id say get there early just in case. No interest myself, not sure what the USP is.

I recommend you check them out, their USP is Hannah's voice really, trancy, memorising almost ASMR like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

BadTurtle wrote: »
    From the number of people obsessing over them Id say get there early just in case. No interest myself, not sure what the USP is.

I might use London Grammar's set as a chance to use the toilet. I did that last year at Arctic Monkeys and it was dead at the toilets, no waiting around for ages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Im bringing a proper off-a-bed mattress cause my backs ****ed. Do you think there will be any problem getting it in? Its pretty big and ive it duct taped as tight as i can get it. Hope they dont ask me to open it at the entrance cause itll never fold back up in a million years

Ha ha :) serious amount of work!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Fatfrog wrote: »
    If I hear anyone saying "Let's go to the heino electric arena" at any point I will be forced to slap!

The heino electro areno.

Mind your back carrying that mattress now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Sorry, seen the Booka Brass Band in a couple of posts but confused as to when they are playing and not on the clashfinder. Anyonecare to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

I might use London Grammar's set as a chance to use the toilet. I did that last year at Arctic Monkeys and it was dead at the toilets, no waiting around for ages!

Probably the strangest post in this whole thread!

• Advertisement

Not really, using the loos when there's a big act on is just plain sensible. The amount of people kicking off at Marley that the toilets were busy in the interval just before the Arctics was ridiculous. I mean of course that will be the busiest time.
    I always go when a big act is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Sorry, seen the Booka Brass Band in a couple of posts but confused as to when they are playing and not on the clashfinder. Anyonecare to share?

They are playing Friday night on the Salty Dog stage

If you wear a nappy you can go to the toilet while watching London Grammar. It's an old Picnic trick known to a select few.

Strange how? When everyone leaves the campsite to go see an act, the toilets are totally empty so you're not waiting forever in a line of people to get near them. I call it practicality! :pac:

They are playing Friday night on the Salty Dog stage

Nice one, any clue as to a time? Only act I wanna see are Foals. PSB's can drink my píss if I can't find Cawley.

Dowdy wrote: »
    If you wear a nappy you can go to the toilet while watching London Grammar. It's an old Picnic trick known to a select few.

I'll probably save my nappy for an act I actually want to see! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

I'll probably save my nappy for an act I actually want to see! :pac:

I see Joy Orbison, Sunil Sharpe and Boddika are all playing from 02:00 to 04:00 all on separate nights. YUSSSSS!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭hometruths

I have an arena crew weekend wristband, any idea what sort of access/perks they have?

Dominya wrote: »
    I see Joy Orbison, Sunil Sharpe and Boddika are all playing from 02:00 to 04:00 all on separate nights. YUSSSSS!

Boddika is late on Sunday, right? Monday's going to be especially rough...

schmittel wrote: »
    I have an arena crew weekend wristband, any idea what sort of access/perks they have?

Being able to hold your head high and say:

76ecb43902d0f0cc694ba7ca4e4b75b7ba8e9e0ca4db0c1ffe9f74af43e27b14.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 o_thom

sorry if this is the wrong place, but does anyone know if the guards are strict on the accompanied driver thing for L plates at EP? Ive had 3 different people cancel on me, and now stuck driving myself on the L plates? not sure if its one to rick, any advise appreciated!
    One a seperate note, defo going to be watching London Grammer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Nice one, any clue as to a time? Only act I wanna see are Foals. PSB's can drink my píss if I can't find Cawley.

Don't think your in luck, I saw it back a few pages I think its around 9/9.30

Boddika is late on Sunday, right? Monday's going to be especially rough...

Yup!
    Sunil Friday
    Joy Saturday
    Boddika Sunday

o_thom wrote: »
    sorry if this is the wrong place, but does anyone know if the guards are strict on the accompanied driver thing for L plates at EP? Ive had 3 different people cancel on me, and now stuck driving myself on the L plates? not sure if its one to rick, any advise appreciated!
    One a seperate note, defo going to be watching London Grammer

Personally I wouldn't risk it but I learned how to drive in the UK where you just don't drive unaccompanied. Why don't you try the carpool thread on here and make a decision tomorrow evening? Where are you driving from? Can you get a bus? I'd assume there would be a lot of guards at any event.

Personally I wouldn't risk it but I learned how to drive in the UK where you just don't drive unaccompanied. Why don't you try the carpool thread on here and make a decision tomorrow evening? Where are you driving from? Can you get a bus? I'd assume there would be a lot of guards at any event.

yep have something up on that alright. going from dublin, will see tomorrow/early friday if any one responds. cant believe the others dropped out rage haha. anyway Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Not really, using the loos when there's a big act on is just plain sensible. The amount of people kicking off at Marley that the toilets were busy in the interval just before the Arctics was ridiculous. I mean of course that will be the busiest time.
    I always go when a big act is on.

Now, you don't have to:

Lads:
    http://www.parentgiving.com/shop/drainage-bags-leg-bags-351/c/

Ladies:
    http://www.shewee.ca/shop/online/

Love the fashion conscience products, enabing the ladies to "stand out for the crowd" !!

Can't believe I am lookin up this stuff, but havin a laugh doing it.

Theres one I came across called "Stadium Pal" !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

So to try get around the no drink in the arena rule, I decided to make vodka jellies. Did the same last year and they went down a treat! There's currently over a naggin in them, and topping up more and more every night.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Going down you'll probably be fine, going back on the Sunday Night / Monday morning they check quite a bit for drink drivers.

thats where id be most worried alright. i was thinking if its busy traffic wise they would be less worried about the L plates and more about the alcohol ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Mr.S wrote: »
    are those vodka gummy bears!?!?

HOW DO I DO THIS. I want to make kilos.

Careful now, eat more than a few gummy bears at your peril. I ate about 50 of them one day and had an anal exorcism about an hour later. Happened a few others I know as well. Last thing you need while you're bopping away to the tunes is a rectal cleansing from the gods in the middle of a field!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Bumbleton

Loving the jelly idea, I wish I could think of some creative way of sneaking the drink into the arena other than the old capri-sonne shoulder routine!

If anyone's interested I made an Electric Picnic mixtape with music from most of the big acts and a few others I like. Might be good for the drive down! Hope you like it if you do give it a listen. You can find it on soundcloud by searching for the user "Doire"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement