Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Electric picnic have released their official app from http://www.bandapp.com/electricpicnic

Now, this has revealed who is on Crosby Tent, Little Big Tent and Rankins and what day. Shove that up yer hole, Irish Times. These are the running orders but times are not available from the app.

Rankin's Wood
    Saturday
    Booka Brass band
    Vann Music
    Twin Shadow
    Cathy Davey
    Walking On Cars
    Annie Mac
    Omar Souleyman
    Le Galaxie

Sunday
    Acrobat
    Jenny Lewis
    Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
    Nenah Cherry
    Jungle
    Flume
    Kelis
    The Minutes

Crosby Stage
    Saturday
    Wyrven lingo
    Sheppard
    Benjamin Booker
    The Orwells
    Temples
    White Denim
    The Blades
    BP Fallon & The Ghost Wolves

Sunday
    The Whereabouts
    Vancouver Sleep Clinic
    The Districts
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra
    Drenge
    Wolf Alice
    Asgeir
    The Horrors
    Slowdive

Little Big Tent
    Saturday
    Buffalo Sunn
    the Academic
    Spies
    Sleep Thieves
    Phox
    John Wizards
    FKA Twigs
    Sohn
    Kaytranada
    Krystal Klear
    Bicep

Sunday
    Nightbox
    Seinabo Sey
    Moko
    Glass Animals
    Vaults
    Sampha
    Duke Dumont
    Rustle
    **** Robot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

^^^^ so that means Booka Brass Band are on first at Rankins wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nanoro

Electric picnic have released their official app from http://www.bandapp.com/electricpicnic

Now, this has revealed who is on Crosby Tent, Little Big Tent and Rankins and what day. Shove that up yer hole, Irish Times. These are the running orders but times are not available from the app.

Times are here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91935718&postcount=7158
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91935940&postcount=7163

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Fcuking Rustie clashing with Outkast arghhhhhhhhhhhh :mad:

And looks like Flume will be clashing with St Vincent/Beck. Guess you can't have it every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Mr.S wrote: »
    are those vodka gummy bears!?!?

HOW DO I DO THIS. I want to make kilos.

Don't make kilos! Kilos of gummy bears and portaloos do not go well together. For anyone at the picnic!

I have two small bags there for a few of us. Just get a plate with a deep lip. Put gummy bears into the plate. Pour lots of vodka over. Stick in the fridge and the gummy bears soak up the vodka. I've been working on mine since Monday night, topping up the vodka every evening for them to soak up more. They can be pretty potent (well with the amount of vodka in mine anyway) so a few can get you pretty drunk when accompanied by a few pints.
    Did them last year with jelly babies and they weren't the best cause they turned out sticky and messy. I had no hassle bringing them into the arena though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

csEOfYh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Seems like most of the people I really want to see are playing on the Sunday. Going to have to sacrifice the beginning of Kelis for Beck and the end of her set for Outkast, by the looks of things. Gonna have to forego Flume for Beck too. Waaah. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lee711

cee_jay wrote: »
    So to try get around the no drink in the arena rule, I decided to make vodka jellies.

The Capri-Sun pouches with the twisty lid are the way to go. down the jocks going through security and you're sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Fcuking Rustie clashing with Outkast arghhhhhhhhhhhh :mad:

And looks like Flume will be clashing with St Vincent/Beck. Guess you can't have it every way.
    Having listened to one of his Boiler Room sets I wouldn't be shedding any tears over missing Rustie. I don't know where he got the idea that DJing involves spinbacks followed by prolonged pauses between tracks, but after the fifth or so time he'd done it in the space of 30 minutes I'd had enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

According to the dailyedge, the mother*ckin' ghost train is there again! That bloody looped announcement drove me potty blaring out till 4am last year.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

sadie06 wrote: »
    According to the dailyedge, the mother*ckin' ghost train is there again! That bloody looped announcement drove me potty blaring out till 4am last year.

Boots do a 5 pack of ear plugs for a few euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Pissing myself with excitement!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Not really, using the loos when there's a big act on is just plain sensible. The amount of people kicking off at Marley that the toilets were busy in the interval just before the Arctics was ridiculous. I mean of course that will be the busiest time.
    I always go when a big act is on.

No, your right! I did that during kodaline last year! Nothing will make you happier when your bursting than having no que after queuing all weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

kodaline were poor last year-good choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Anyone know what time Bonnie Tyler is on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

No, your right! I did that during kodaline last year! Nothing will make you happier when your bursting than having no que after queuing all weekend

It's the best way. Nothing better than walking up to the toilets and not a single person in sight.

Snarky Snark Snark

Borrowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Finally shut the laptop, put on my out of office so that's me on hols as of now until Wednesday. Picking up a mate at the airport coming over from the US for this tomorrow morning so for me, Picnic weekend is go *cracks open beer*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Boots do a 5 pack of ear plugs for a few euro

Will be perfect for herself, meself and my one eared mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Rewind83 wrote: »
    kodaline were poor last year-good choice!

I was right up front for the first half! I thought they were decent enough. But Noah and the whale before hand being a surprisingly brilliant! It was a tough comparison

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »
    If I hear anyone saying "Let's go to the heino electric arena" at any point I will be forced to slap!

Ha how long before its renamed the Heineken Green Spheres tent like it was at Oxegen

Finally shut the laptop, put on my out of office so that's me on hols as of now until Wednesday. Picking up a mate at the airport coming over from the US for this tomorrow morning so for me, Picnic weekend is go *cracks open beer*

See you at the airport tomorrow morning then, I'm picking me mate up as well. Well I would see you and say hi but no idea what ye look like. Lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

One day of work left tomorrow then a trip to town for some last minute essentials and then it's party time!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

At the moment my sunday looks like

The 1975 - Jungle - Flume - Duke Dumont (some of his set) - Kelis (first 30mins) then Outkast

1394262_10152621698395428_2065710611352859670_n.jpg?oh=4f80b04b7cde756d250bf864b2ee7b20&oe=5467D2C3&__gda__=1417789702_a70f8b7890d2a3d02b8718b0575e6039

See you at the airport tomorrow morning then, I'm picking me mate up as well. Well I would see you and say hi but no idea what ye look like. Lol :D

Will be in T1 arrivals about 8am. Tea?:)

Will be in T1 arrivals about 8am. Tea?:)

Feck, he gets into T1 for about 9.30am otherwise that would have been splendid. Salty dog for dark and stormies instead it would seem

Feck, he gets into T1 for about 9.30am otherwise that would have been splendid. Salty dog for dark and stormies instead it would seem

Ha ha! Stormies are go. But with this weather the flight could well be delayed! Will ping you a message here if im still waiting.

Ha ha! Stormies are go. But with this weather the flight could well be delayed! Will ping you a message here if im still waiting.

Excellent, was going to say similar but didn't want to jinx ye. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

Anybody know what day/time/stage bicep is playing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

tolow wrote: »
    Anybody know what day/time/stage bicep is playing?

Theres a list back a few pages. Apparently Little Big Tent on Saturday. They are last on the list, so playing last??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement