Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

tempted to forego the wellies now if the weather reports are true! suppose it depends on how the ground holds up after tonight.

Chic or Sbtrkt hmmmmmmmm. Also looks like most of Outkast is gonna have to be missed to see Glass Animals. Any truth to GA playing a second time over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Creeby

tempted to forego the wellies now if the weather reports are true! suppose it depends on how the ground holds up after tonight.

Chic or Sbtrkt hmmmmmmmm. Also looks like most of Outkast is gonna have to be missed to see Glass Animals. Any truth to GA playing a second time over the weekend?

Judging by Clashfinder they're playing LBT at 16:45 - 17:30 on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That's one of the biggest mistakes people make going to festivals. "Oh it's sunny now, better not bother packing the wellies or rain jacket" -or- "Oh, it's raining now, better not bother with the suncream!"

It's Ireland....in August/September. Be prepared!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Ditched the wellies some time ago in favour of walking boots and haven't looked back, bamboo socks too.

Listening to the James Murphy Boiler Room mix in preparation for tomorrow night. Shapes shall be thrown. Sunil Sharpe any use? Might make it to the RBMA for fear of missing out but don't wanna burn the candle and run the risk of missing the Trinity Orchestra.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

Is it ok to bring a metal trolley in? I was delighted to find one in work but a few people say they are taken off you there :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Lads, whats the craic. Looking at the clashfinder and its duplicated on the Saturday and Sunday??? What gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

MT cranium's forecast from today, looking good!
    Thursday, 28 August, 2014

Forecasts for Ireland

Look for specific "Electric Picnic" outlooks in the Friday to Sunday forecasts below using the title EP.

TODAY ... A few sunny intervals this morning, scattered showers and thunderstorms developing, becoming quite windy in most areas (S-SW 50-80 km/hr) but stronger gusts to 90 km/hr possible around Donegal Bay and Mayo by late afternoon and evening .... Highs will reach about 18 C. Rainfalls of about 10-15 mm on average, 15-30 mm northwest but only 5-10 mm parts of southeast. Some parts of the east will be fairly dry most of the day but with isolated heavier showers especially by late afternoon.

TONIGHT ... Periods of rain and windy across the north, but strongest winds easing slightly after midnight, gusts to 90 km/hr near Donegal Bay from WSW. More breezy than windy elsewhere, occasional rain, lows 11-13 C. Rainfalls of about 10 mm fairly widespread, 15-20 mm in some coastal areas north and south.

FRIDAY ... Continuing rather windy across the north (from SW to W 50-80 km/hr, compared with 40-60 km/hr most other regions) but winds easing mid-day and afternoon especially south and central regions. Morning showers followed by some afternoon sunny intervals. Lows around 10 C and highs around 19 C. Rainfalls across north 5-10 mm, elsewhere 2-5 mm and largely ending by mid-day. EP -- a few morning showers, then gradual clearing, breezy from west, temps 17-19 C. Overnight lows into Saturday morning around 11 C with mostly dry but occasionally drizzly conditions.

SATURDAY ... In most regions, sunny intervals, pleasantly warm. Lows near 8-10 C and highs in the 18-21 C range. More cloud and a few showers likely in parts of the north and coastal west. EP -- only a slight chance of showers and about a 60% chance of a dry day with good sunny intervals developing, highs about 19 C. Moderate westerly breezes. Overnight into early Sunday should be dry and mild, lows only falling to about 12 C.

SUNDAY ... Increasing cloud, showers or periods of rain by late afternoon or evening for parts of the northwest, but other regions sunny to mid-day then cloudy with late overnight showers. These will be associated with a front attached to remnants of distant "Cristobal" expected to be moving northeast near Iceland. At that point Ireland will be in the very warm and increasingly humid subtropical air mass dragged northeast by the hurricane. Morning lows 8-11 C and highs 19-24 C. EP -- There could be some cloud at times but warm or even hot sunshine is likely, with a slight southerly breeze increasing to moderate near the end of the day, highs could reach 23 C. Should note that there is a slight risk of this very warm air creating some instability but at this point it's more likely to arrive overnight after most of the event, crews may be encountering some thundershowers by Monday morning, but these should be fast-moving and brief.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Lads, whats the craic. Looking at the clashfinder and its duplicated on the Saturday and Sunday??? What gives?
    Somebody must have edited it and made a hames, wasn't like that earlier.

PadraigOK wrote: »

Its proper fooked at the minute. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Just had another person added to our little group, family member won a ticket! YAY! So excited :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Folks....The clashfinder is wrong at the minute. It is showing Sunday's stage times for Cosby, LBT, Rankins as both Sunday and Saturday!

http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2014/

How do we fix!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

I thinks that was me, apolgies to all, have reverted back to before any edits I did, and it looks grand now, refresh it and see if its okay.

I thought I was editing "My own" clashfinder, but clearly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Is it possible to revert to a previous revision?

[edit] it's all good again, cheers fafy

I'm bringing suncream too, part hopeful and part precautionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Ditched the wellies some time ago in favour of walking boots and haven't looked back, bamboo socks too.

Listening to the James Murphy Boiler Room mix in preparation for tomorrow night. Shapes shall be thrown. Sunil Sharpe any use? Might make it to the RBMA for fear of missing out but don't wanna burn the candle and run the risk of missing the Trinity Orchestra.

Sunil Sharpe is good, but pretty banging techno.
    https://soundcloud.com/soma/slamradio-061-sunil-sharpe?in=sunilsharpe/sets/dj-sets

Is it possible to revert to a previous revision?

[edit] it's all good again, cheers fafy

Have given myself a good smack for this.

Tis the excitement I blame, and my smallish brain which is not working properly at the moment, can't feckin wait to get on the road later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

yup around 5 o clock in the little big tent....

Ladies & Gents:

Ignore what anyone else says,

BRING THOSE WELLIES/BOOTS,

Better to be looking at them, rather than... looking for them.

Even if the weather is superb for the next 4 days, there has been a lot of rain, which will turn the grass to **** at the event, when the masses start walking on it, so bring them ffs.

I'm not bossy, i'm just always right !

has anybody contributed to the clashfinder fund?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

_feedback_ wrote: »
    This going in a certain gate business is news to me?! Are they strict on it?
    fafy wrote: »
    Ladies & Gents:

Ignore what anyone else says,

BRING THOSE WELLIES/BOOTS,

Better to be looking at them, rather than... looking for them.

Even if the weather is superb for the next 4 days, there has been a lot of rain, which will turn the grass to **** at the event, when the masses start walking on it, so bring them ffs.

I'm not bossy, i'm just always right !
    I was thinking that myself the ground will be in a right state!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Food
    Booze
    Wellies
    Jumper
    Jacket
    Socks
    Tickets
    Cash

Am I forgetting anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Food
    Booze
    Wellies
    Jumper
    Jacket
    Socks
    Tickets
    Cash

Am I forgetting anything?

Tent :)

Bring the fooking wellies and stop trying to jinx us all!

Delighted, Pilgrim Street playing in the Salty Dog at 5pm so meet up is looking sweet! Dark and Stormies are go go go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I'm bringing suncream too, part hopeful and part precautionary.

I'm wearing P20, factor 50, rain or shine. Only thing more uncomfortable than camping is camping with sunburn.

but anyway it's definitely gonna be nice and not rain ~positive vibez~

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Android app ****ting itself for everyone else or just me?

shellyboo wrote: »
    I'm wearing P20, factor 50, rain or shine. Only thing more uncomfortable than camping is camping with sunburn.

but anyway it's definitely gonna be nice and not rain ~positive vibez~

Yep, suncream and wellies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Does anyone know what the story is with buying Giglocker tickets online? Where do you then collect them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That's one of the biggest mistakes people make going to festivals. "Oh it's sunny now, better not bother packing the wellies or rain jacket" -or- "Oh, it's raining now, better not bother with the suncream!"

It's Ireland....in September. Be prepared!

I always bring them and never use them but suppose ye're right, better safe than sorry!

Sound! didn't know about the little big tent times!

Tent :)

Clothes, plenty of changes
    Wet wipes
    Water, lots
    Extra socks - essential, 2 pairs per day minimum.
    Hand sanitiser
    Rain Gear
    Mints
    Sun cream
    Towel x 2
    Toiletries
    Small bag/rucksack to bring essentials into Arena, or carrying cans/booze for the late hours
    Condoms, ya never know
    Grub, bananas, fruit, snacks

• Advertisement

Ear plugs, torch, plastic cups, booze, sleeping bag, tent, duct tape, inflatable mattress and charger, chairs, pillow slips (put jumpers etc into), charger pack for phone, toothpaste/mouth wash, baby wipes, loo roll, gloves (for late night beers), black bags, coolerx boxes full of ice, tickets. Oh, and the wife.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement