Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Hey guys,

Can anyone help a newbie to boards out? Looking to share a lift down to the picnic from Dublin at around 5-6pm Friday evening as can't get the day off.

Anyone know anybody heading down from the city at this time with any space?

Obviously would pay for my share of fuel, and pint when we get there :)

Let me know. Thanks.

There's a separate thread with people looking to car pool, think it's temporarily locked right now pending clearance but i'm sure you'll find someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Ok so, note to self: pick up duct tape!

It's really an essential clearly.
    -fixing tents
    -taping cans beside balls? (don't have balls?)
    -help with keeping new friends
    -noise cancelling

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Higgeldy

Happy EP Eve guys! SOOO disorganised this year- literally have NOTHING done or ready, been ill all week. So tonight will be mayhem and what the hell, it'll all get done either way.
    Have a good one!! Child of Prague is out and staying out!

Worse comes to worse, I've my ticket and toothbrush packed, and I'll figure the rest out!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Sweet jesus I'm excited.

We're leaving Waterford around 11am, that's the time we normally head at, I think we hit Stradbally around 12, maybe a bit after 12 and the traffic is grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Hi, just wondering what entrance to head for tomorrow. I have weekend ticket but am commuting daily so no camping. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

mickc10 wrote: »
    Someone mentioned lads that it is OK to bring an open plastic container into the arena, is this correct? So can you just bring a 2 liter open plastic bottle of mixed spirits in?

you can't bring in booze until the bars close, and max capacity is 500ml x 4 iirc - so, no.
    ...Officially.
    As per previous years whilst the bars onsite are open no drink or alcohol can be brought into the arena, with the exception of sealed soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml). Once the bars are closed up to 4 cans of beer/cider per person or soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml) are permitted to be brought into the arena (Bars scheduled to close at midnight on Friday and Sunday and 1am on Saturday)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Plan on getting an 11.30 bus from Newbridge then get the shuttle bus (which i presume they are still doing)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Anyone else having issues trying to print tickets?

Problem solved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Sorry if this has been asked already. Can I bring the gas canister in with my camper? It says Gas is banned from the event but surely there'll be plenty of people cooking up a fry in the mornings??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

stevire wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already. Can I bring the gas canister in with my camper? It says Gas is banned from the event but surely there'll be plenty of people cooking up a fry in the mornings??

No but you can bring stuff on this list http://electricpicnic.ie/campingstovesbbqs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

It's beginning to feel a lot like picnic :) (i have *nothing* else organised..havent even taken the tent out to see if its all still there!)
    priorities are in order :)

10641226_10153107016788032_5784418271073778851_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

david75 wrote: »
    It's beginning to feel a lot like picnic :) (i have *nothing* else organised..havent even taken the tent out to see if its all still there!)
    priorities are in order :)

10641226_10153107016788032_5784418271073778851_n.jpg

Liking the lonely can in the background! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Eod100 wrote: »

he's trying to sneak away. not on my watch, never leave a can behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Very jealous of yous all getting to go! Couldn't afford a ticket this year, but been following this thread to pass on info to my housemates who are heading down. Hope you all have an absolute blast :) Thought I'd share a few tips I picked up from being at EP previously.

Something I found useful for festivals is to have a roll of bin bags packed. they've loads of uses: emergency groundsheet, use with duct tape to cover holes in tents/bag/jackets etc, DIY rain poncho... And anyone who has to take medication - don't forget to pack it!

Mindfield and comedy tents are always good for a look around if you're at a bit of a loss inbetween acts/earlier on in the day. Throw a few cereal bars/fruit/flapjacks into the bag as well. Food at EP is dear enough so always good to have a few snacks to ward off the hunger.

Pick a meet up spot that's visible/easy to remember and find for when you and your friends inevitably get separated. I know that was a big help for me, as I tend to get a bit anxious about getting seperated, especially when it's dark.

Be open-minded - go see a band you've never heard of cause you might just end up loving them.

Eod100 wrote: »

it burst on the way home!!!

my local centra doing heineken for 1.25 a can...had to take that

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jafooooly

Does anyone know how the guestlist works? Been told I'm on it for Friday but not sure if that means I get to stick around for the weekend or I'll get booted out on the Saturday.

jafooooly wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the guestlist works? Been told I'm on it for Friday but not sure if that means I get to stick around for the weekend or I'll get booted out on the Saturday.

last year the guestlist wristband was totally useless the following day..best bet(and this actually works! is stand outside the exit and ask people are they leaving..youd be surprised how many do! its knacker, but we got two weekend wristbands within about half an hour off two girls who'd just had enough and were goin home..

gettin them on is another thing so have vaseline/lube ready..(as ye do)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Are there different entrances for those using the car park and those who are using public transport? I got a bus to Portlaoise and a taxi into Stradbally last year, I seem to remember entering near enough to the Salty Dog stage.. On the site map though it says the main entrance is closer to the RBMA, will I be entering this way if I'm driving this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

been following this thread for a long time since last year, unfortunately I won't be there this year and I'm feeling the pain right now as ye all gear up for what will be a great weekend. I'll have to depend on TV coverage which I'm unsure whether it will cheer me up or actually even depress me more (the latter I fear).

Anyway, be safe folks & have a ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

If anyone picks up the winners of the Irish Times competition can you post it here?

If anyone picks up the winners of the Irish Times competition can you post it here?

i know they were all called first thing this morning, as my mate won a pair..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Are there different entrances for those using the car park and those who are using public transport? I got a bus to Portlaoise and a taxi into Stradbally last year, I seem to remember entering near enough to the Salty Dog stage.. On the site map though it says the main entrance is closer to the RBMA, will I be entering this way if I'm driving this year?

Depends on what direction you hit the village at. If you are coming from the Monasterevin side (via Cush, Vicarstown etc) you will end up at the handy car park on the corner, close to the salty Dog entrance which is very handy for all those staying in Pink Moon. Any other direction you will probably be directed further down towards the RBMA/Wilde general area.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

Does anyone know do the Ticket/Wristband entrances open at 9am on Friday also? Have ticket but want to get my wristband early so I can come back later without having to walk all the way around to the main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

stevire wrote: »

You can bring your regular butane gas cylinder installed in camper van for running cooker, fridge etc have been last 7 years with caravan without issue. The notice mentioned above refers more to the disposable canister used on camping stoves I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Does anyone have any info in disabled entrance and car park? Do you still have to walk through main entrance after? My friend cant walk far so slightly worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Is canned tuna/fruit allowed in?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Is canned tuna/fruit allowed in?

Yup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Depends on what direction you hit the village at. If you are coming from the Monasterevin side (via Cush, Vicarstown etc) you will end up at the handy car park on the corner, close to the salty Dog entrance which is very handy for all those staying in Pink Moon. Any other direction you will probably be directed further down towards the RBMA/Wilde general area.

Cheers. Will probably be coming from the Monasterevin side alright, camping in the Hendrix so will probably be pretty much the same walk/entrance I came through last year?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement