Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Pink moon and site looking very well on there twitter page, can't post the picture. Someone see if the can upload it.
    This is worse then Christmas Eve, it will be hard trying to sleep tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

Is it a good choice? First time at EP any good spots to set up camp?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Only attended last year, but the way some people go on about the Hendrix makes it sound like it's insane! I camped there last year and saw no trouble and got a sleep every night, probably is a bit louder than the other sites but it's not that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah i've had some great spots there in the past justt avoid too close to the pathways, toilets and venders... a few tents in near a tree or some sort of identifiable landmark and you're good really... same as everywhere

I like the close-ness to the main arena Hendrix camping has, but it gets quite busy fast and even busier as people sneak more tents into smaller spots, and then even busier the next time you come back to your tent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Tommy54 wrote: »
    Is it a good choice? First time at EP any good spots to set up camp?

Can't remember what the names were, but where the red bunting meets blue bunting is kind of the epicentre. Close enough to the main stage, the forest stages and a Centra or something parked around there too. Handy spot.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Oscar Wilde is the most manageable campsite..probably shouldnt be saying this..

just beware..there are 'krusties' with kids roaming the sites during the headliners, robbing from people tents..we saw this loads last years, so be ready for it and dont bring anything you cant afford to lose...i'm being serious, theyll take everything...just be aware of it whatever site youre in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

btw I see you picked the Pink Moon. Call over for a can!!

one of us, one of us, one of us...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

david75 wrote: »
    Oscar Wilde is the most manageable campsite..probably shouldnt be saying this..

just beware..there are 'krusties' with kids roaming the sites during the headliners, robbing from people tents..we saw this loads last years, so be ready for it and dont bring anything you cant afford to lose...i'm being serious, theyll take everything...just be aware of it whatever site youre in.

Would it be safe to leave clothes ect in the tent with these just not valubles?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

one of us, one of us, one of us...

you camping there scruff?

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/sitemap campsite map for those who were asking for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

btw I see you picked the Pink Moon. Call over for a can!!

yeah going down a bit later, spot reserved, not pitching a tent and the clean toilets/showers swung it for me :P

srm23 wrote: »
    yeah going down a bit later, spot reserved, not pitching a tent and the clean toilets/showers swung it for me :P

Don't forget free phone charging!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Pink moon and site looking very well on there twitter page, can't post the picture. Someone see if the can upload it.

BwIAUW-IgAAEd_G.jpg

one from EP page:
    10632007_734236216611519_1551501593_n.jpg

Guy don't for get Dioralyte sachets for mornings. They will sort you out from a night of drinking and whatever else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Imodium is key.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So! Got the booze, got the friend from the airport and sitting having a G&T now then packing clothes.

Everyone still on for the meet up at the Salty Dog @ 5pm???? Bring. It. On!!!!!

Imodium is key.

Argh a good ****e cures all ailments. but I packed imodium just in case I needed it

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

Mince Pie wrote: »
    So! Got the booze, got the friend from the airport and sitting having a G&T now then packing clothes.

Will try my best!

Don't forget free phone charging!!

Ah I already got one of those chargers from Aldi,
    my bro will use it im sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Actually, how will we recognise each other?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Mince Pie wrote: »

This Friday night??

Guy don't for get Dioralyte sachets for mornings. They will sort you out from a night of drinking and whatever else.

I thought you took them before you went to sleep - they still sort ya out if ya take the next day? my usual curer would be more heino!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

you camping there scruff?

yarp, the pics of the site facilities look a whole lot better than it did last year

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Weather not too bad at all here in Stradbally...

Little bit blistery and changeable but better than forecast ...

Might be a bit of wind in the morning and few showers but Ground is ok so far...

Ill bring the wellies or good pair of boots incase it cuts up it probably will we have had a bit of rain over the week...

saturday and sunday are suppose to be nice and up in the 20s so happy days...

The Temp has defo risen today which is great and means the late night chill will take a bit longer to set in.

Checklist
    Fags
    booze
    tent
    duct tape
    Black sacks
    Change clothes
    Change footware
    Rennies
    Water
    Torch
    Chewing gum
    Chair
    Cash
    Cig Lighter
    Gloves(late night booze can be cold on the hands)
    2/3 Monkey hats
    Cheap Sunglasses
    Suncream
    Old nokia phone charged up full

Lads great places in Portlaoise to buy your booze if travelling some great deals...Browns Offy just accross form the church has great deals its 1 minute off the beaten track(you take last right for stradball go straight on old Dublin road its on the left)just swing around where you came from and 100 yards is the left for stradbally again.

1000s local people travel back each night don't be afraid to ask some one if your in bad way for a bed/shower/Decent break for few hours I have brought plenty back for a quick shower over the years I know what it feels like at other festivals.

All you can do is ask even sharing a lift back to Portlaoise which has everything from Mcdonalds to nice rest's etc..Its only 10 euro back out in a taxi.

Hope everyone Enjoys stay safe and sensible if possible!!!:-)

yarp, the pics of the site facilities look a whole lot better than it did last year

So much better!!

Tommy54 wrote: »
    Would it be safe to leave clothes ect in the tent with these just not valubles?

id say clothes and nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Im really looking forward to:

pie_minister.png

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

What's the story with drink at this??? Can you smuggle two/three cans in with you??? Just going for the day

• Advertisement

does he work there i wonder?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement