Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

deeceemee wrote: »
    First time poster and long time lurker. So recommendations please
    King Kong Company or Rift/Boddika..decisions..decisions

Saw KKC at EP last year and Body and Soul this year, absolutely brilliant and a must see for me, cant comment on the others as I have yet to see them

Can anyone remember where the bags of ice are sold? I definitely bought some last year but no idea where

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Newbie @ EP

Few questions:
    Can I go from my campsite into the campervan area to meet friends?
    Is it worth staying further away like Janis Joplin campsite to get a half decent kip?

Btw to above poster saw KKC at indiependence last year was one of the highlights for me

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

murdog! wrote: »
    Can anyone remember where the bags of ice are sold? I definitely bought some last year but no idea where

Mace Shop on the border of Hendrix and Wilde.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

deeceemee wrote: »
    First time poster and long time lurker. So recommendations please
    King Kong Company or Rift/Boddika..decisions..decisions

King Kong claim they have been given permission to play "until they can play no more" so if you have no commitments for the week then go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Newbie @ EP

Few questions:
    Is it worth staying further away like Janis Joplin campsite to get a half decent kip?

Btw to above poster saw KKC at indiependence last year was one of the highlights for me

No - you need a campervan site pass to get in.

The further back you are the quieter it is - but you can always get stuck beside a loud group regardless of where you are. Bring ear plugs and you'll sleep anywhere.

Newbie @ EP

Few questions:

Charlie Chaplin campsite is the designated quiet campsite, still the odd twat in there but its a library compared to hendrix

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Thanks all for the replys...my minds made up now so KKC it is! Week booked off work to
    recover so it looks like Ill be bopping about the salty dog till the small hours and going
    banannas! Pure excited 'Christmas for Adults' is a good way of describing everything EP related

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

catch--22 wrote: »

The further back you are the quieter it is - but you can always get stuck beside a loud group regardless of where you are. Bring ear plugs and you'll sleep anywhere.

Thought you just needed a weekend pass to walk onto the campervan site. You need a campervan site pass for the van, but beyond that it's the same as any other campsite surely? That's how I read the t&cs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Lads. The power ballad stuff, any timetables or anything for that yet? Bonnie Tyler spring break and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

shellyboo wrote: »
    Thought you just needed a weekend pass to walk onto the campervan site. You need a campervan site pass for the van, but beyond that it's the same as any other campsite surely? That's how I read the t&cs anyway.

It was like this 2 or 3 years ago for sure, cant speak for last year as i wasnt up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

D.Q wrote: »
    Lads. The power ballad stuff, any timetables or anything for that yet? Bonnie Tyler spring break and all.

https://powerballads.ie/line-up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Trying to get an early night and it's not happening! So excited! Everything packed since this morning.. Think it's the first time ever that I can't wait for my alarm to go off!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Newbie @ EP

Few questions:

sssssssh. Thats were im pplanningto stay. 4 years in wilde and that horrific bucket of a jax. Janis joplin was like the ritz to me last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

H8GHOTI wrote: »

Says there there's a dj set from 2 on Friday, is that stage not in the main arena? Unbelievably excited now! All packed, few pre pints tonight to make sure the drinking hole still works

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Ghostdancer the pics look great!

This time tomorrow night there will be many fuzzy headed board members floating about ...its full steam ahead!
    Have a safe one, and ya never know I might run into a few of u over the weekend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

catch--22 wrote: »

I think you're confusing the campervan ticket with some sort of campervan site pass. There's no site pass and anyone with a weekend wristband can access the campervan site.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Higgeldy

God I feel like a kiddy on Christmas Eve! However. ..... nothings packed. All out and washed.. but not packed yet. Feeling unwell tonight so choosing a good 12 hour power nap to get me better. Leaving Naas around midday, slightly later than I would have liked, but himselfs on army duty so have to wait. Feeling a wee bit apprehensive about the weather, we were spoiled rotten last year!! Have a super epic time guys, any meet ups planned??? Oscar Wilde campsite for us again this year. Love the salty dog stage.... Thanks for the super checklist above xxxxxx

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Trying to think if i have everything packed. Pretty sure have all the beer essentials . Sure ill find out when i get there what i forgot to pack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

All packed, just have to throw in the last few bits in the morning.
    Have a big rucksack, a backpack and a sleeping bag - at least you're only weighed down on the way in when you're full of hope and energy :)
    Can't wait to get on the road tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great weekend and see you here next week for the recovery chat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Its not looking like im gonna be asleep for a while. Incidentally, this has made me realise that late night tv is ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

shellyboo wrote: »

Yes no issue in previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sheridg3

A friend of mine is talking about bringing in some 'herbal cigs' for his nightcap. I told him it could be a bit risky! Does there be garda searches and stuff at the gates or will he be grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Still have a few bits to pack but nearly there! I'm so excited, stupid work tomorrow though so won't get there til tomorrow eve. Grrr. A friend pitching my tent earlier tomorrow though so not all bad!

Cannot WAIT for the sound of that first can opening!

Enjoy everyone, stay safe and hope ye have a brilliant Picnic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cybersausage

Hey lads I totally forgot to order my slab before 10pm. Just wondering if you'll be able to buy one down there on the sat or sun for the 50 euros anyway?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Hey lads I totally forgot to order my slab before 10pm. Just wondering if you'll be able to buy one down there on the sat or sun for the 50 euros anyway?
    Cheers

I seem to remember one of my friends buying one last year without ordering beforehand. You will be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

So the boyfriend just rang to tell me he can't find the sleeping bag he was "sure" he had! I clearly nag for good reasons :P

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Keep safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sheridg3

I ordered mine online at 23.00 so it still might be possible!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

People on here are taking about not being able to get any sleep tonight. Well I can't keep my eyes open. I'm turning into an old man. On the plus side, in 24 hours time I'll be moonwalking up the side of an ash tree.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement