Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

jim-mcdee wrote: »
    Yea, other people are morons. :rolleyes:

Shhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Enjoy the weekend - I am gone.

At the moment can't even decide whether to set an alarm in the morning. I want to be out of here early. Soak up the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So, typical can't fricking sleep!

On another note, clashfinder is wrong, Booka Brass Band have confirmed they are playing 00.30 and not 22.30 which leaves me back to playing spoons in the woods rather than subject myself to Shít Pet Boys. Judder

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

There's the old wind and rain doing it's thing :\

Just noticed Jon Gomm playing on the Sunday, that's something I didn't notice yet!

Lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Oh and on another note, can I please address the meet up at the Salty Dog at 5pm on the Friday, it will also be a good meet up in the fact that if you have forgotten something I'm sure someone else will have brought extra.

I will be wearing a black and white hat unless its outside and the heavens break.

10462698_10152179349386735_5617763719594460063_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

It's pissing rain over here I really hope it's a different story down in Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Looks like stradbally is taking a soaking...

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

forecasts all week were telling us it was going to be soaking tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

windy and wet in Portlaoise

I know, Ive been following the forecasts all week. Not sure if shine has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

it is now electric picnic friday. Rain no longer exists as we once knew it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Very stormy where I am too right now and has been all day. Hope it clears up.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dien

For a variety of reasons our small group of three won't make it to Stradbally until 10, maybe 11on the Friday night. Will there be any issues getting our wrist bands at that late hour? I know finding a decent tent spot etc will be hell at that stage but we don't mind once we can get in!

Cheers.

Dien wrote: »
    For a variety of reasons our small group of three won't make it to Stradbally until 10, maybe 11on the Friday night. Will there be any issues getting our wrist bands at that late hour? I know finding a decent tent spot etc will be hell at that stage but we don't mind once we can get in!

Cheers.

Wristbands no prob. Wont be much green left im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dien

Thanks bennyob, until about two hours ago we didn't even have tickets so we're just going to run with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Raining cats and Dogs here for last hour but that was expected hopefully some early morning wind should dry it up a bit...ground out there was good today so. Should take the rain ok ...ish

Pitching the tent will be tricky if it keeps up till early morning

Drive safely everyone 10 mins either way will make no difference what so ever

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

BALLS!!! Eruption starting on volcano is Iceland... http://www.livefromiceland.is/webcams/bardarbunga/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mince pie if I see that hat I'll defo swipe it (kidding)

All packed, fooked havin x1 can then bed!

Over and out from me, stay safe, don't be a prick! And talk to plenty of strangers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭BandMember

Just catching up on this thread now before hitting the road in the morning. Loving all the help, tips, band recommendations, site advice and everything else that goes with it! Fair play folks! Hope everyone continues that vibe on site and has the time of their lives.... :)

However, one posters input stands out from the rest - beansy, will you marry me?? :p

EDIT: Read a bit further and see that she mentions another half. Ah well sh*te.... :( You're a lucky man Mr. Beansy! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

highly recommend going to The Trampz in the Trailer Park at 9pm Friday night. Great funk band from Dundalk and deadly craic.
    Also if anyone fancies something a bit heavier, I'd Fight Gandhi ( a band what I am in ) will be playing the Oxjam tent at 4pm Sunday.
    Everyone have a deadly time! hopefully the weather won't be pants. and if it is I hope at least its a nice enough pair of pants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Also if anyone fancies something a bit heavier, I'd Fight Gandhi ( a band what I am in ) will be playing the Oxjam tent at 4pm Sunday...

I'd fight Ghandi too...if he wasn't such a holier-than-thou hippy goon. And dead.

I'd fight Ghandi if he was undead.

And so it begins :D

Have fun people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

I'd fight Ghandi too...if he wasn't such a holier-than-thou hippy goon. And dead.

I'd fight Ghandi if he was undead.

id pay to see that …

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Boom, it's arrived. Listen have a ball everyone.
    Can I open a can yet, can I can I

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

Little Big Tent

Saturday
    01.30am-3am: Bicep
    12.15am-01.15am: Krystal Klear
    11.pm-12am: Kaytranada
    9.45-pm-10.30pm: SOHN
    8.30pm-9.15pm: FKA twigs
    7.15pm-8pm: John Wizards
    6pm-6.45pm: Phox
    4.45pm-5.30pm: Sleep Thieves
    3.30pm-4.15pm: Spies
    2.30pm-3pm: The Academic
    1.30pm-2pm: Buffalo Sunn

Sunday
    11pm-12am: **** Robot
    9.45pm-10.45pm: Rustie
    8.30pm-9.30pm: Duke Dumont
    7.15pm-8.15pm: Sampha (DJ)
    6pm-6.45pm: Vaults
    4.45pm-5.30pm: Glass Animals
    3.30pm-4.15pm: Moko
    2.30pm-3pm:Seinabo Sey
    1.15pm-2pm: Nightbox

Cosby Stage
    Saturday
    11pm-12am: BP Fallon
    9.30pm-10.30pm: The Blades
    8pm-9pm: White Denim
    6.45pm-7.30pm: Temples
    6.45pm-7.30pm: The Orwells
    3.45pm-4.30pm: Benjamin Booker
    2.15-3pm: Sheppard
    1pm-1.45pm: Wyvern Lingo

Sunday
    11pm-12pm: Slowdive
    9.30pm-10.30pm: The Horrors
    8.15pm-9pm: Asgeir
    7pm-7.45pm: Wolf Alice
    5.45pm-6.30pm: Drenge
    4.30pm-5.15pm: Unknown Mortal Orchestra
    3.15pm-4pm: The Districts
    2.15-2.45pm: Vancouver Sleep Clinic
    1.15pm-1.45pm: The Whereabouts
    12.15pm-12.45pm: Matt McGinn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

It's finally here! Everyone have an unreal weekend, mind yourselves and have the craic with everyone! I'm sure I'll see some of ye around anyway! :D Scyuuup!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

BandMember wrote: »
    Just catching up on this thread now before hitting the road in the morning. Loving all the help, tips, band recommendations, site advice and everything else that goes with it! Fair play folks! Hope everyone continues that vibe on site and has the time of their lives.... :)

However, one posters input stands out from the rest - beansy, will you marry me?? :p

EDIT: Read a bit further and see that she mentions another half. Ah well sh*te.... :( You're a lucky man Mr. Beansy! ;)

That seriously freaked me out!! But thank you for your kind offer, you are my back up plan

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Oh the absolute joy of waking up thinking its time for work then remembering its picnic time!!!!! So excited!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

After months of speculation, planning and hunting for cheap beer, camping chairs and swapping of hangover avoidance techniques the big day is finally - Electric Picnic 2014
    Have a blast, go big, make new friends and most of all......Wear Sunscreen!!

Hope to see some of you at the meet up, salty dog 5pm

Be careful out there and avoid the brown acid

• Advertisement

dmm82 wrote: »
    Oh the absolute joy of waking up thinking its time for work then remembering its picnic time!!!!! So excited!!! :D

I'm in work since 7.20am >.<

Finished at 12 though wooohooooo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement