Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Has yer man taken something or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I think the hosts on the rte show are doing alright, light hearted chat and whatnot.
    Also, Ham Sandwich girl is too fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Has yer man taking something or what??

Sunbed for too long followed by wind tunnel treatment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Sunbed for too long followed by wind tunnel treatment

He loves the sound of his own voice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Paolo Nutini! <3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Laura Whitmore creaming herself, id say shes one of those "rock chicks" who imagines every song has been written about her good self

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

So far I've heard Nuitini playing 4 songs I've never heard before, & each one have been brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

So far I've heard Nuitini playing 4 songs I've never heard before, & each one have been brilliant.

They are his more common songs....

RTÉ's coverage isn't great. Too many ads and stupid montages of how the festival was created. Just show us the f*cking music!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

is anyone watching the coverage on rte? some of the scenes in the tent that Benjamin Booker is playing are particularly cringe, like an episode of father ted

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

price690 wrote: »
    is anyone watching the coverage on rte? some of the scenes in the tent that Benjamin Booker is playing are particularly cringe, like an episode of father ted

There's about 6 people in the tent, Jimi Hendrix he is not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

This has to be the worst music line up ever at a festival, and with the amount of solid acts kicking around after reading/Leeds last week. Jesus h.

Its a good job it's more about the'arts' than the music lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Yes, that craic in the tent, never been more embarrassed watching tele! Father ted sl couldn't have done a better skit!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Can anybody give me an idea of prices for the luxury camper areas.....tryn get husband interested in wknd tickets for nxt yr!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Blondie don't sound that great but jesus there is a lot more honesty in her performance than singers half her age these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

There's about 6 people in the tent, Jimi Hendrix he is not

Was right at front for him. He was superb. That said Portishead are the closest I think I could ever come to a religious experience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Do they actually show any bands on this?

Snarky Snark Snark

Do they actually show any bands on this?

Is it that bad. Hope it's on their player thing. For four hours of coverage they've quite a swanky looking pad over looking the main arena

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Such a terrible line up for a sell out crowd. Hope they spend some money on some acts next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Is it that bad. Hope it's on their player thing. For four hours of coverage they've quite a swanky looking pad over looking the main arena

Couple of gob****es joined by a couple more gob****es talking ****e.

Snarky Snark Snark

Couple of gob****es joined by a couple more gob****es talking ****e.

Your tax euros at work ladies and gentlemen

Hush everybody. Time for chic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Looks like they rented out the bbc set from glastonbury and to be fair to RTE the presenters are just as cringe worthy

Snarky Snark Snark

Disturbing number of bloke singing like a virgin around me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Disturbing number of bloke singing like a virgin around me

Chique....or how ever ya spell it...looked deadly. Would loveto have been there...proper performance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

First year I haven't been at EP for the Weekend since the start of the festival. The RTE coverage was nothing short of abysmal, some botoxed robotic princess beside a hipster muppet with an ounce full of spunk in his hair babbling utter sh1te! as the amazing Portishead were performing in the background without even one minute of their performance. What concerns me more is from some of the comments on here suggesting that the acts need to be more high profile, that's the last thing this festival needs. Boutique my ass!

Snarky Snark Snark

Chique....or how ever ya spell it...looked deadly. Would loveto have been there...proper performance

They were. Mr. Nile really does like to big himself up but then, at this stage he's entitled to.

Snarky Snark Snark

Such a terrible line up for a sell out crowd. Hope they spend some money on some acts next year.

It really depends on your tastes. Open the mind and the ears will follow.

Tomorrow is going to be a savage day. Have all I want to see in me phone calendar to buzz me 15 mins before each gig. Back at me tent already with a night cap so that I can be up early to get a cleanish bog to have a peaceful poo and then not have to queue for a shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

It really depends on your tastes. Open the mind and the ears will follow.

Tomorrow is going to be a savage day. Have all I want to see in me phone calendar to buzz me 15 mins before each gig. Back at me tent already with a night cap so that I can be up early to get a cleanish bog to have a peaceful poo and then not have to queue for a shower.

I understand what your saying but if you were think of the profits they have made from the last 2 sell outs against this years line up Vs last years it seems quite light weight in spending. If you compare it to Festivals in the UK of similar stature the big name acts are just not there. Fatboy Slim and Arctic Monkeys must of cost lots to book last year and know it looks like the Irish people are going sell out the picnic regardless of who is playing which worries me for the future who they book in as so called head-liners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Joy orbison is absolutely ****ing KILLIING it in the woods. Serious set, banging techno for two hours. Pumping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Metronomy were savage yesterday , serious bopping at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You have got to be kidding, the line up is exactly what it should be. It's meant to be an alternative festival, like Primavera, thank God there's no Arctic Monkeys or Kings of Leon and there is Portishead, Beck, St. Vincent, the Horrors...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement