Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Did anyone catch Omar Souleyman last night? That was fantastic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone see cathy davey in the salty dog?

Seen her in the rankin Woods and she was deadly!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Where n when are little green cars playing ? Hope I didn't miss them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

nocoverart wrote: »
    First year I haven't been at EP for the Weekend since the start of the festival. The RTE coverage was nothing short of abysmal, some botoxed robotic princess beside a hipster muppet with an ounce full of spunk in his hair babbling utter sh1te! as the amazing Portishead were performing in the background without even one minute of their performance. What concerns me more is from some of the comments on here suggesting that the acts need to be more high profile, that's the last thing this festival needs. Boutique my ass!
    Was flicking between MoTD and RTE's EP coverage and their coverage from what I've seen was absolutely terrible. Yes, not one minute of Portishead's set and I was waiting for them to show something. Makes me wish I was there even more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Was flicking between MoTD and RTE's EP coverage and their coverage from what I've seen was absolutely terrible. Yes, not one minute of Portishead's set and I was waiting for them to show something. Makes me wish I was there even more :(

I was doing the exact same thing, I wonder was there some rights issues with showing the live performances of some bands?
    I'm just guessing because a band like Portishead on their first concert in Ireland in 17 years (open to correction) would make great viewing for those at home and for those at EP who didn't manage to catch the set live..ah well, we may never know.

Gotta say I thought I'd be over the fact that I'm not there by now, but nope, I'm as miserable today as I was on Friday :-(

Enjoy the final day folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Jenny Lewis, mountain climber and sex incarnate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Rte were never going to show anything 'scary', best to stick on half an hour of Paolo Nutini...

Snarky Snark Snark

Up front for simple minds then it will be a serious pegging to get in for miss at vincent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Sinead O Connor was awful

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

calex71 wrote: »
    Looks like they rented out the bbc set from glastonbury and to be fair to RTE the presenters are just as cringe worthy

The set was custom built, I was in there yesterday with the set designer and thought it was incredible. It's all exposed bulbs and looks like a floating bubble from the outside. Amazing view over the main stage etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 jimbo94s

is there rave on tonight? what time does it stop at?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I was doing the exact same thing, I wonder was there some rights issues with showing the live performances of some bands?

Possible. Some bands/performers get very anal about their shows being live on television.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Did anyone else get an email from Ticketmaster saying 2015 tickets are on sale at midday tomorrow?

2nqv04g.jpg

Actually this seems to have been up on the Ticketmaster Twitter account a few days ago. Sorry, I'm only back from holidays this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

The set was custom built, I was in there yesterday with the set designer and thought it was incredible. It's all exposed bulbs and looks like a floating bubble from the outside. Amazing view over the main stage etc.

Yeah. I think it looks brilliant. Fair play to the team involved in making it.

Snarky Snark Snark

Looked like a lot of cost for four hours. Was their plan for it to be a test run and then try to do Glastonbury type coverage next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

lertsnim wrote: »
    Possible. Some bands/performers get very anal about their shows being live on television.

Yes there are. The broadcaster needs to negotiate with each artist in order to broadcast. In most cases the cost of getting an artist to give permission is actually very low - often one euro or token fee (the artist/label will obviously get a wad of royalties payments when the performance is then broadcast. So often it's a case of whether the artist wants to participate or not rather than money.

Thought the coverage by RTE was pretty poor - as in the two presenters. Be interested to know how much it cost the licence payer.

Snarky Snark Snark

The irish times EP coverage has a bit about rte on its day three section. Pretty much slated it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

The irish times EP coverage has a bit about rte on its day three section. Pretty much slated it

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Beck was pretty much the best thing I've ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Beck was fantastic, performance of the festival for me. Lots of energy onstage. One Foot in the Grave was brilliant.

Bit of a cringey moment during Outkast's set with the drunk girl onstage with them trying to talk into Andre's mic. Still thought they were very good though. They sound as good live as the do on record.

Sinead O'Connor should have been in a tent instead of the main stage.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Did anyone else get an email from Ticketmaster saying 2015 tickets are on sale at midday tomorrow?

Actually this seems to have been up on the Ticketmaster Twitter account a few days ago. Sorry, I'm only back from holidays this morning!

Sooooo time for a new thread then?

My ears are ringing like a fire alarm

Thank you Mogwai

Snarky Snark Snark

link?

http://liveblog.irishtimes.com/5f02b68781/LIVE-Electric-Picnic-Day-3/

At time stamp 20:30, will see if their coverage is on the player during the week. One thing that strikes me though, bbc have mark Radcliffe , jo Wiley and Lauren lavern. Actual djs and in lavernes case a musician too who can present and know their music inside out. Rte have nothing like that, just bobble headed lite entertainment ****wits. Even Dave fanning seems to have been hidden away from public viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Boddika you fcuking beast. 2 hours of pumping techno. Yes sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Any one buying a ticket for next year today

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/tickets1

Bit early i know and no line up but I've been once before so id get it for 170 , tempted to just get it and be done! I know id have a great time regardless of line up! I think the anticipation of waiting all year to go would kill me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

lame post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Watching a small bit of RTE's coverage and listening to Newstalks chris o donoghue going on about the rave in the woods assured me that im not missing out on much here! Now all i need is the Irish Times articles about some lame political debate with Mary o rourke and Abie Philbin Bowman to complete the lameness.

You don't know what you are missing out on if you didn't go. The place is huge, there is a hundred different things to go and see and do. A festival is what you make of it. I had a fantastic time and loved every second. If you don't like something in it, it is easy to find something you do like. Donal Dineen was my highlight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭mruser2014

Where there as many tracksuits types and oxygen fans at it this year?

I thought it was quiet bad last year.

I heard the crowd was younger again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭fits

The crowd were lovely. No hassle.its a great festival. I wasn't camping though. If I were camping it'd be in pink moon or the like.
    Just got the loyalty code. Gonna buy tickets for sure. That'll be my tenth picnic if I make it. Missed 07 and 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

mruser2014 wrote: »
    Where there as many tracksuits types and oxygen fans at it this year?

I thought it was quiet bad last year.

I heard the crowd was younger again this year.

I was only there for the Friday, I was an EP virgin before hand.

I was surprised at the age group. I thought it would be full of scumbags but no, the crowd was mature and all good spirited.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭mruser2014

skeg16 wrote: »
    I was only there for the Friday, I was an EP virgin before hand.

I was surprised at the age group. I thought it would be full of scumbags but no, the crowd was mature and all good spirited.

Thats good. Last year was quiet messy.

We all know it won't be like the EP of the first 3 years but its good that it has improved on last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement