Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Beardyman

Best initial announcement ever IMO, plus more to be announced at the initial launch - happy days!!

http://www.state.ie/news/initial-electric-picnic-line-announced-headline

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

decent line-up, nothing that screams "I'm not missing them"
    Should be more biggish names to follow, but I'd say Beck, Outkast & Portishead are the main headliners.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

As someone said it seemed to have gone back to the old EP type line up . Age wise mid 20's 30's etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

As someone said it seemed to have gone back to the old EP type line up . Age wise mid 20's 30's etc

And that's why I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Metronomy two years ago were our Electric Picnic highlight so now we're really tempted even though we only saw them in the Olympia last week!

I think Nile Rodgers would be excellent as well for a boogie!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So more to be announced this evening? Still hope for QOTSA then? Really could do without Pet Shop Boys, jaysus I hate them so much.

Loving Outkast, Beck, Ports, Foals and London Grammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mr.S wrote: »
    The headless are there...

That's kinda the issue!

As someone said, good line up but there's nobody there that'd get me excited to go to EP really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

It's probably a big let down for the Oxegen crowd from last year anyway... I wonder will the ticket sales suffer?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭summit2summit

Average at best....

Potishead and Foals will be excellent but not mad for the rest. Lets see what tonight brings to the table

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mince Pie wrote: »
    So more to be announced this evening? Still hope for QOTSA then? Really could do without Pet Shop Boys, jaysus I hate them so much.

Loving Outkast, Beck, Ports, Foals and London Grammer.

Don't go see them :P:P:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Happy out :) I'll be celebrating my 30th there!

Don't go see them :P:P:P

I will actively be avoiding them. Their whining gives me rage. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I would have thought portishead would be in the arena, but EP are giving them top billing? Maybe main stages are Friday beck and portishead, Saturday chic and psb late night, Sunday - foals and outkast? Something like that? With

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I will actively be avoiding them. Their whining gives me rage. :P

I'm no good a guessing but I take it you don't like the Pet shop boys:p

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

I'd go purely to see St. Vincent, London Grammar and Portishead again. Really decent line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Metronomy two years ago were our Electric Picnic highlight so now we're really tempted even though we only saw them in the Olympia last week!

I think Nile Rodgers would be excellent as well for a boogie!:D

They'd be one of the bands i'd be most looking forward to seeing. They were awesome in The Olympia last week. I hadn't been diging their new album until I heard the songs live. Now it's all i've been listening to!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I'm no good a guessing but I take it you don't like the Pet shop boys:p

Put it this way, if I was in a coma and they were on the radio I would get up to switch it off. Hate them and I was around when they were big. Don't know what it is about them but I just want to rip my ears off when I hear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I'm so giddy trying to post from my phone! Proper delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

are Outkast that pop/rap group with the sorry ms Jackson hit or is there another Outkast? surely not the ms Jackson ones, they are tragic!

Very very happy with that so far.

I wonder would Beck be enough for the Sunday day ticketers? None of them seem current enough for the day trippers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Love the lineup so far! That's me sold. I'm not a fan of Pet Shop Boys but they are awesome live, so much fun. Beck I adore. He was one of the best live acts back in the early 00s, but since then he had 2 very chilled out albums and a back injury so I suspect a much different show.

Portishead have alot of great tunes. Bet Gibbons is meant to be incredible live.

St.Vincent's album got rave reviews recently.

Outkast should be fun. Gives me an excuse to listen to them more.

Foals are decent.

Metronomy I like what I have heard.

Chic = party time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Portishead, Beck and Slowdive.

Yes!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

a wise move with the lack of pop acts, well lily and outkast, but they are the cream of pop. Hopefully this will pull in an older crowd and push the young ones to whatever is hip.

Big gap now for a pop festival

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

It's probably a big let down for the Oxegen crowd from last year anyway... I wonder will the ticket sales suffer?
    ****ing delighted. People on twitter asking for KOL/Coldplay/Killers etc are furious. Never should've been considering EP anyway, not that type of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Really really happy with that lineup. Can't wait to see who else is added. It's never the headliners that make the festival for me. Beck though. Portishead though. Metronomy. The Blades. Outkast. Simple Minds. London Grammar. White Denim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Morrison J

are Outkast that pop/rap group with the sorry ms Jackson hit or is there another Outkast? surely not the ms Jackson ones, they are tragic!
    Thats them. I'd try listening to more of them before righting them off myself.
    The less commercial stuff that's on albums like ATLiens and Aquemini is them at their peak in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Surprised how good the lineup is, dont remember the last time it was this good. First time in 8 years i wasnt going to bother with picnic but now ill just have to indulge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

If by 'tragic' you mean insanely creative in their genre, then I couldn't agree more!

I am late to the party, but I am so excited at the line up so far. Portishead and Outkast, I would go for alone. Add Beck into the mix and you couldn't keep me away for love nor money.

I'm holding out for The Gloaming in the Body and Soul line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Am I right in saying there was nearly 20 more acts announced before the launch last year? And have they confirmed they're doing the same this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

The Stranglers are brilliant live, really looking forward to them. Big fan of Beck's recorded stuff, have no idea what he sounds like live though, he doesn't really have 'a sound'. Still missing a big electronic act though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement