Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i got my email with my 3 picnic loyalty code for €155 tickets yesterday. 2 tickets bought already, happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Portishead

Body & Soul Village, Saturday Night.

Bicep Little Big Tent, Saturday

Chic

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chief87

Cool videos!

Not going well with the comedown though :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

raging i missed bicep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I can't get over how mesmerising and mind blowing Portishead were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

My 2nd year there, loved it again.

Highlights were Foals, James Murphy, Metronomy, Le Galaxie (Sabotage!), St Vincent, Kelis & Outkast. I was the only one in my group who enjoyed St Vincent, I get why people didn't like her but I thought she was fantastically insane. Think you had to be up close to see the appreciate it. Loved the choreography with her guitarist/bassist. Kelis was such a surprise, we decided to go to her on a whim and she was so much fun, incredible voice, great stage presence and her band looked like they were loving it too.

Low points were Sohn (couldn't take him seriously in a cloak on a pedestal) and Asgeir (sound seemed off and he had zero stage presence). Joy Orbison also didn't do anything for me unfortunately. Also Pieminister was closed when I went on Sunday at lunchtime! Why!

Sad I missed tune-yards, Nancy Whang, JVM and Glass Animals :(

Got a good spot to camp in Oscar Wilde, all good except for the f***ers blasting crap music from a stereo until 6am and starting again about 9am. Craig David, ffs.

Probably gonna get my tickets for next year this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Anyone know where to find the Chic set list?

I was loving the gig but wanna know how many non-chic songs they played. I noticed the mc guy introduced them as 'Nile Rodgers and Chic' and they played a massive mix of songs. He sure does like to big himself too up but fair play to him he knows how to throw a partaaaay!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

i got my email with my 3 picnic loyalty code for €155 tickets yesterday. 2 tickets bought already, happy out

Does this come through ticketmaster or directly from EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Serious dose of the shakes at the moment but it really was a great weekend despite spending a shed load of money.

First time as well so was very impressed. Must say camper vans are the ****, done the Friday night in a tent and I'm not sure if I would have lasted the weekend in one.

Friday was a major weakness though for me, they definitely need to divide the acts out more evenly. Having pet shop boys headlining was a major boo boo, thought they were terrible.

Highlights for me would be chic, cathy davey, kelis, ham sandwich, lilly Allen and outcast. Was slightly disappointed with Paulo nutini! Special mention must go to silent disco, made an appearance every night was great craic!

Few things I'd like to see next year would be more showers, and a big screen to show sports during the day especially with it on all Ireland Final weekend next year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Anyone know where to find the Chic set list?

I was loving the gig but wanna know how many non-chic songs they played. I noticed the mc guy introduced them as 'Nile Rodgers and Chic' and they played a massive mix of songs. He sure does like to big himself too up but fair play to him he knows how to throw a partaaaay!!!

It's up on setlist.fm, can't post the link.

I wish I loved myself as much as Nile loves himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

sebcity wrote: »
    Does this come through ticketmaster or directly from EP?

Mine came directly from EP - but it went into my (Gmail) Spam folder so make sure you check there if you haven't received it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

Can anyone give me the who list of portishead and beck sets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

thror wrote: »
    Mine came directly from EP - but it went into my (Gmail) Spam folder so make sure you check there if you haven't received it yet

That's where mine was too! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

If you google "Portishead setlist.fm" it should be the top result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Got me code and booked ticket for next year, think their captcha bot is getting a bit needy though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Some awful clashing decisions for me, left Chic early for SBTRKT because I thought it was very cheesy which from what I'm hearing now I may regret, skipped Outkast for Rustie/Slowdive and only caught a small bit of Beck for Flume who absolutely killed the LBT.

Didn't catch Bicep because I went straight to the woods for Joy Orbison who was unreal. Portishead were just magnificent, that visuals at the end of Machine Gun were bone chilling and her voice is still impeccable. Also caught Metronomy who were pretty good.

Was dragged along to the 1975 and thought the sound in the Electric Arena was awful. Drinks policy annoyed me, lads were a lot more hard done by than girls of whom one in every three managed to sneak cans inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Has anyone got a setlist for Duke Dumont, I knew 90% of the songs he played (very crowd pleasing set)... there was one real techno-y one in the middle that I know but cant put my finger on and it's wrecking my head!! ah:mad:

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a setlist for Duke Dumont, I knew 90% of the songs he played (very crowd pleasing set)... there was one real techno-y one in the middle that I know but cant put my finger on and it's wrecking my head!! ah:mad:

It was ridiculous him playing in such a small tent...I couldn't get near the place and he was the one DJ I wanted to see :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I got my code, but it went in to my spam fold er so maybe check there if you havent got it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

dia squish wrote: »
    My 2nd year there, loved it again.

Got a good spot to camp in Oscar Wilde, all good except for the f***ers blasting crap music from a stereo until 6am and starting again about 9am. Craig David, ffs.

This! They were absolute ballbags, I thought sound systems were banned from the campsites?
    I don't mind a bit of music if its good but they were taking the piss when trying to get a bit of sleep!

London Grammar and Chic were my highlights of the weekend! Bring on next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Did anyone hear Boddika drop this track, it sent shivers down my spine and saddened me at the same time, as the first time I recorded this it was the ending of day one at Rave in the woods in 2013, whilst this time it was about twenty minutes before the end of EP 2014.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Chief87 wrote: »
    It was ridiculous him playing in such a small tent...I couldn't get near the place and he was the one DJ I wanted to see :(

I'm pretty sure people were just sheltering from the small bout of rain, there was plenty of space in the tent once you're in it, just too many thicks standing around the outside and not moving in!

Someone also said to me, ''em could you move please you're so tall I can't see''

I wouldn't even mind if he had visuals, he had a big picture of Duke Dumont on the screen it's a ****ing DJ also whats to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Special mention must go to silent disco, made an appearance every night was great craic!

I love taking my headphones off at key moments in a song. Laughed my ass off hearing the crowd saying "I'm not gonna spend my life being a colour" at the end of the rap in Black & White! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

The tyres half way dug into the ground at rave in the woods were dangerous enough though weren't they.. surprise motherfuckers i know you were trying to dance but now you're taking part in the olympic hurdles

GaryByrne wrote: »
    This! They were absolute ballbags, I thought sound systems were banned from the campsites?
    I don't mind a bit of music if its good but they were taking the piss when trying to get a bit of sleep!

Don't know why they weren't made shut up by security if sound systems are banned! Friend of mine got up in the middle of the night to ask them to stop but thought they looked intimidating so she just walked past without saying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

I was stumbling around one night trying to find the rave in the woods and came across this kind of clearing in the trees with a big huge Heineken LCD screen with really cool graphics on it. Anyone know what it was that area was called / was supposed to be? I was the only one there, on my own in the middle of the woods mesmerised by it for about ten minutes with my can. It was great.

Didn't manage to find the Rave though :(

byrneg28 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure people were just sheltering from the small bout of rain, there was plenty of space in the tent once you're in it, just too many thicks standing around the outside and not moving in!

Someone also said to me, ''em could you move please you're so tall I can't see''

I wouldn't even mind if he had visuals, he had a big picture of Duke Dumont on the screen it's a ****ing DJ also whats to see

This news is even more devastating! We left cos we couldn't get near the tent after a few minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

Don't know why they weren't made shut up by security if sound systems are banned! Friend of mine got up in the middle of the night to ask them to stop but thought they looked intimidating so she just walked past without saying anything.

In fairness they were quite intimidating, I heard someone roaring at them at like 8 in the morn and they were hateful as hell back to her and turned the volume up more! oh well, it's over now no point in letting them annoy us more :L

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

did your friend ask security to do anything about them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Chief87 wrote: »
    we were walking past when he was playing and although busy, there was definitely room inside the tent.
    don't know at what point in the set that was though...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement