Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

thror wrote: »
    I was stumbling around one night trying to find the rave in the woods and came across this kind of clearing in the trees with a big huge Heineken LCD screen with really cool graphics on it. Anyone know what it was that area was called / was supposed to be? I was the only one there, on my own in the middle of the woods mesmerised by it for about ten minutes with my can. It was great.

Didn't manage to find the Rave though :(

how did you not find the rave?:confused::confused: there are a few ways to find it.

1. Its signposted

2. There is pumping, deafening bass coming from it.

3. There are very very bright lasers illuminating the trees in the forest.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Reded

It says on the website that more loyalty tickets will go on sale again in 2015, I suppose there's no guarantee on what they will be priced at, how many there will be etc.

I've stayed in the Festihuts every year I have gone. The Festihut is €750.00 between 4 people, you have 2 bunk beds (4 beds), a 2 socket plug (and you can obviously bring an extension lead), a light and the toilets in the Festihut area are private to the rest of the boutique camping so you only have around 200 or so people (approx. 50 festihuts, with 4 to a hut) using them over the course of the weekend so they certainly don't end up in the same state as others - although this year there was problems with 2 out of 4 of the ladies toilets and they had to be closed but that's the first year it happened and the Festihut staff were straight on the problem and didn't just ignore it or anything.
    Half of the back wall of the Festihut opens out like a big window and there's nothing like lying there for a nap in the sun with a bit of a breeze going :)
    The lad that runs the Festihuts is also sound.
    I'd never stay anywhere other than the Festihuts.

Found the toilets in boutique campsite awful this year - would go so far as to say that the portaloos in main arena were better and that's saying something!!! However most of the campers are lovely folk in this area! It's expensive but worth it! Sort out the loos though!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

D.Q wrote: »
    how did you not find the rave?:confused::confused: there are a few ways to find it.

1. Its signposted

I dunno I agree with the above. Unless you are near it none of those work as an option to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

did your friend ask security to do anything about them?

Nope, she didn't see any around at time, this was at about 7am so she didn't really hang around looking either. Should have tried speak to someone the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

D.Q wrote: »

1. Its signposted

I have no idea, those three indicators must have eluded me somehow. Probably for the best in any case!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

thror wrote: »
    I have no idea, those three indicators must have eluded me somehow. Probably for the best in any case!
    1. Go to Andy Worhol campsite
    2. Walk to the back and veer right
    3. There was a narrow path through the trees to the left

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Highlights of the weekend:

Pink Moon camping & the 2 showers I had,
    The Horrors,
    Slowdive,
    Beck,
    Portishead,
    Wolf Alice,
    The Orwells
    Stradbally village for a breather from it all.

Lowlights:
    Phone & wallet being stolen, serious downer.
    Pink Moon toilets- no cleaning after Saturday
    Outkast,
    St. Vincent
    All the feckin' walking

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

jadie wrote: »
    Highlights of the weekend:

Pink Moon camping & the 2 showers I had,
    The Horrors,
    Slowdive,
    Beck,
    Portishead,
    Wolf Alice,
    The Orwells
    Stradbally village for a breather from it all.

Lowlights:
    Phone & wallet being stolen, serious downer.
    Pink Moon toilets- no cleaning after Saturday
    Outkast,
    St. Vincent
    All the feckin' walking

I assume you mean missing them because you were at Slowdive?
    Because they were fantastic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Thoroughly loved EP this year. Amazing.
    Fantastic variety of activities, music and art, and goodwill all around.

Only slight criticism is the usual one - the jacks - in Andy Worhol some of the men's jacks were already blocked by 5pm on the Friday. Rough rule of thumb - if yer facilities are already failing 8 hours into the festival, they aren't well designed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cipiatone

Had a great weekend but bring back Oxegen and move it closer to the end of August so the scooby knacker element that was there this year **** off to that instead.

Loads of robbing incidents around the campsite that was never there, lots of people getting stopped and searched for drugs, I have never seen that either.

16 year olds and people with back to front aluminous baseball caps - **** off to oxygen and bring your jaw.

Class weekend all the same, rave in the woods brilliant and the Gorilla tent with the rope act was mental!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

If you walked from the Hendrix to the Oscar Wilde you walked past Rave in the Woods that was the only reason I knew where it was as I walked past it on the way to Hendrix to set up camp on the Friday. And thank God I did too, it as probably my favourite part after Portishead. But, I have serious depression over no more Rave in the Woods for another year, the come down of all come downs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I assume you mean missing them because you were at Slowdive?
    Because they were fantastic.

Nope, headed over to the main stage for 15 mins or so that was enough of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

cipiatone wrote: »
    16 year olds and people with back to front aluminous baseball caps - **** off to oxygen and bring your jaw.

Too funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This was one of my highlights from the smaller stages, Camille O'Sullivan at the Jerry Fish stage on Saturday night.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

zsha wrote: »
    There was a stage just inside the gate (i think north) of body & soul does anybody know the name of it, it was like a little hut you'd see in a park

Jimmie Lees Juke Joint

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jimbo94s

Anyone know when the lineup will be announced for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

jimbo94s wrote: »
    Anyone know when the lineup will be announced for next year?

Normally not til March

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jaykayathome

my highlights in no particular order.
    Drenge. Could feel the distortion of his guitar rattle my kidneys.
    St. Vincent. Next time though.. more cracking guitar, less dancin' love!
    Girl Band.. wandered in, never heard them before, and have just booked tickets to their Dublin gig.
    Temples.. they sounded great.
    The Wailers.. although they had a little help with some lovely sunshine.
    Tuneyards. Eccentric, colourful. Funky. Everything else and more.
    Wow the more i read these posts, the more i realised we got off really lightly being searched. Never looked in my bag (cans,and spirits), and only a pat down on one day.
    Portishead visuals. Oh, and Portishead too.
    Just the all round easy goingness of everyone, security were sound and the toilets were manageable.
    Bring on next year guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

God I am a complete wreck
    I don't even know where to start

First off it was definatly one of the better picnics.

Highlights
    Chic
    Katranayda
    London grammer( even thou i had no interest and was made go!!) I just couldn't get over her voice
    Crowds. I got talking to so many lovely people of all ages in queues and I saw zero trouble all weekend.
    Mother djs in Bacardi bar on Sunday was amazing. When they played caribou I almost lost my life!!!
    Belgian fries
    Radio shack in body and soul
    God I could go on and on to be honest.

Lowlights
    Just that I was shattered Sunday night, just couldn't do any more. Went to body and soul at round 8 and stayed there all night just chilling and chatting.
    Missed a lot of acts that I wanted to see but you just have to make peace with that and hope you made the right decision at the time. There were so many times I wanted to split myself in half and there hasn't a picnic like that in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

lbj666 wrote: »
    Normally not til March

Could be a bit earlier this year though. Think the court case shenanigans of the last 2 years def delayed announcement. But I'd say either way wouldn't be til Jan or Feb of next year at the very earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Gaspode wrote: »
    Jimmie Lees Juke Joint

O thank you, is there a line up list for who played there, I couldn't see it anywhere? We watched a band around 8 on Sun night, was a group of lads, all in suits playing lots of different cover songs, they were super!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was dragged along to the 1975 and thought the sound in the Electric Arena was awful. Drinks policy annoyed me, lads were a lot more hard done by than girls of whom one in every three managed to sneak cans inside.

Agreed i went to see 1975 and the sound was absolutely woeful , could barely hear the vocals and everything was just muffled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Eod100 wrote: »
    Could be a bit earlier this year though. Think the court case shenanigans of the last 2 years def delayed announcement. But I'd say either way wouldn't be til Jan or Feb of next year at the very earliest.

Ya i think it has held them back they probably would have nabbed more acts from Longitude had that uncertainty with the court case been sorted out. There is an onus to announce things sooner from now on.

I actually hope that the court case was a bit of a hinderance and that they will be at full steam with a full 3 day line up next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Gona take a week to get over this E.P ...Still feel abysmal.

Amazing weekend everything was awesome...I saw who I wantted to see and much more... Didn't get around to everything but hey, you never can.

Lot's of cool parts but especially that drunk lady who was off with the fairies when she spoke to the crowd at outkast "I think I should stay... Do ye want me to stay lads" ...or something along those lines

It was cringetastic

Off to bed for a week. God help you if you were back in work today, it's Suicide Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

This made me laugh. An honest music festival advertisement:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

andreac wrote: »
    Oh can you plug in a hairdryer etc? It says on their website theres no electricity in them, but you say there is? That would be cool.

Are they comfy yeah?

Yeah, you can plug in anything you want.
    I think they don't advertise the electricity because they don't want people taking the piss, I assume they're just running off generators.

Really comfy, with 4 people it's manageable, you're not sitting on top of each other.
    Where are the Festihuts located? Or they over by Pink Moon or near the Boutique camping?
    The Boutique camping looked to be located very near the annoyingly noisy funfair?

Festihuts are the first section on entry to the boutique camping area. There's a laneway and a bit of jimi hendrix separating it from the funfair. I absolutely despise the funfair but you do zone it out.
    Reded wrote: »
    Found the toilets in boutique campsite awful this year - would go so far as to say that the portaloos in main arena were better and that's saying something!!! However most of the campers are lovely folk in this area! It's expensive but worth it! Sort out the loos though!

The Festihuts have separate toilets to the rest of the boutique camping.
    I was at the boutique camping toilets at one point and when the neighbouring loo was flushed mine flushed automatically and I nearly fell out the door I got such a fright!

I know some people find the boutique camping expensive but I can't camp in a tent due to ill-health so I find it invaluable.

I thought the portaloos in the main arena were actually okay this year. I didn't find any horrendous portaloos and I thought they were being blocked off and cleaned a lot more regularly, particularly the ones facing the main stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

zsha wrote: »
    O thank you, is there a line up list for who played there, I couldn't see it anywhere? We watched a band around 8 on Sun night, was a group of lads, all in suits playing lots of different cover songs, they were super!

Well we finished playing there around 7 (where the hell were you by the way! :) ) so I reckon it was 'Reverend JM's Panic Worship' they were due up after us. Didnt see them myself, was busy having celebratory pints!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

The tyres half way dug into the ground at rave in the woods were dangerous enough though weren't they.. surprise motherfuckers i know you were trying to dance but now you're taking part in the olympic hurdles

The tyres were a bit tricky all right. As were the slopes flanking the rave, I found this out the hard way after landing on my back at the bottom of the slope. Finding my way back to crew camping afterwards was a bitch too, all part of the festival fun :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement