Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Hozier got the biggest crowd of the weekend apparently.

http://youtu.be/SItZgvYzLLU

Not that surprised really. He is pretty good, and not half as annoying as some of those other Irish guitar-wielding twats :p

Friend of my husband's had a pedometer of her phone. Between Friday and Monday morning - the app registered 50km.

I was wondering why the kids were eating their body weight in food everyday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Does anyone know the song Foals played second or third last in their set? It had a heavy riff towards to end they started speeding it up incredibly fast over about 30 seconds, didn't recognise it and would love to know what it was! I checked setlist.fm but it's completely wrong as they didn't play Balloons or Milk and Black Spiders

Inhaler maybe? That has a heavy enough riff in it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Has anyone encountered problems with the RTE Iplayer, I was watching part 1 of the Electric Picnic programme and after the ads, all I could get was sound and a black blank screen, when I was watching the first part on full screen there was a small white box at the bottom right which said 'script void'. Is there anything I could do to prevent this happening or is it just the case of updating adobe or something like that, the Foals footage in the first part was very good.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

First timer. Had a really really great weekend. Friday and Saturday were great and Sunday day was also great. The tiredness of 2 days and 2 nights hit me on Sunday at around 8 so I missed some of the acts I was dying to see. Next year I'll be better prepared, either midway hotel or glamping for me next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrscloudatlas

Has anyone encountered problems with the RTE Iplayer, I was watching part 1 of the Electric Picnic programme and after the ads, all I could get was sound and a black blank screen, when I was watching the first part on full screen there was a small white box at the bottom right which said 'script void'. Is there anything I could do to prevent this happening or is it just the case of updating adobe or something like that, the Foals footage in the first part was very good.

They had better fix this by Saturday night. We're having an EP reunion with all our left over alcohol. No crap X Factor for us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

They had better fix this by Saturday night. We're having an EP reunion with all our left over alcohol. No crap X Factor for us!!

Can I come?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Duff wrote: »
    Can I come?

Sure. Heres a site map.

Sitting room = Main arena
    Kitchen = Electric arena
    Garden = Body & Soul
    Garden Shed = Trailer Park
    Rave in the Woods = My neighbour's bedroom!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

tolow wrote: »
    Jesus sorry my bad dimitri from paris. Don't know what made me say vegas. Can't stand his stuff. Some really nice tracks from dimitri from paris. He played a real nice mix of FCL-It's you if i remember correctly! He really had the crowd going, never really heard him play before tbh but was impressed!

He is excellent and always has been, does very good edits of disco classics and his own stuff. He's back in demand now due to the resurgence in disco and 80s tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Can you see your tent? :)

320970.jpg

You'll be lucky to see this on Saturday apparently theres only three days left to view it, I finally got it to work with Firefox, as Chrome apparently has two conflicting flash players.

Omg look at how big Pink Moon was this year!! I know this was taken on Friday. I know that because the 4man tent that burned down is still there. I know that because we were 2 rows behind it. Spooky.

You'll be lucky to see this on Saturday apparently theres only three days left to view it, I finally got it to work with Firefox, as Chrome apparently has two conflicting flash players.

Why am I paying a TV licence again?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

YA, I had same problem.
    Only way i found around it, was to wait a fem minutes after the advert, copy and paste address into new tab, and off you go.

Only thing was it happened again at every add break, I watched over 4 hours(part 1 and 2), and I think there was an add every 10mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

Why am I paying a TV licence again?

It isn't available outside Ireland either. Makes me even more homesick after to be back in Belgium after an ALMIGHTY weekend :-(

thror wrote: »
    It isn't available outside Ireland either. Makes me even more homesick after to be back in Belgium after an ALMIGHTY weekend :-(

Is this a joke? I thought RTE Player stuff was available for 30 days worldwide?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

Is this a joke? I thought RTE Player stuff was available for 30 days worldwide?

Nope, it says "Not available in your region". I can watch some of the Other Voices stuff, but not the main programme from the Saturday night.

Edit: I am abroad though, so fair enough I suppose. Would have been nice to relive the weekend though, so to speak. Hope you get it to work for the reunion!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

If you download Media hint it lets you watch non terrestial stations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

thror wrote: »
    Nope, it says "Not available in your region". I can watch some of the Other Voices stuff, but not the main programme from the Saturday night.

Edit: I am abroad though, so fair enough I suppose. Would have been nice to relive the weekend though, so to speak. Hope you get it to work for the reunion!

Download "HOLA" extension for Chrome, can watch all RTE player content then

So basically we have till midnight Sat to watch it. Well done RTE, you massive bell ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Omg look at how big Pink Moon was this year!! I know this was taken on Friday. I know that because the 4man tent that burned down is still there. I know that because we were 2 rows behind it. Spooky.

They were so much better this year than last year, more bogs, more showers, the cafe thingy was excellent, full irish for a tenner was just what was needed on Sat/Sun morning.

They were so much better this year than last year, more bogs, more showers, the cafe thingy was excellent, full irish for a tenner was just what was needed on Sat/Sun morning.

It was good wasn't it? We were beside 2 nordie lads who managed to pull different birds each night! We sang daft punk's "Get Lucky" in the general direction of their tent each morning.

YA, I had same problem.
    Only way i found around it, was to wait a fem minutes after the advert, copy and paste address into new tab, and off you go.

Only thing was it happened again at every add break, I watched over 4 hours(part 1 and 2), and I think there was an add every 10mins.

Thanks your advice worked a treat, can't seem to find a link to part two though, could you link me to that if possible. There was one or two good bits, Foals, Nutini who I missed and the Hozier stuff is not too bad, the male presenter seems a twat though, couldn't they have got someone like Leagues O'Toole, Dave Fanning, the presenters for Under Ether or even John Kelly. We need one of these people to get behind a proper alternative broadcast of EP and poach it to the likes of TG4 or TV3 or BBC NI, UTV, because the old fogies that run RTE just don't know how to do this. What happened to the people behind the Homelands documentary about Ireland's first dance festival in 1999 that was proper interviews with the best in electronica at the time and uncluttered clips of great music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Anyone know what the field at the top of Joplin was about? Only a few tents in it and toilets etc. Why would anyone camp in the over crowded hendrix/wilde when there was so much space up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Thanks your advice worked a treat, can't seem to find a link to part two though, could you link me to that if possible. There was one or two good bits, Foals, Nutini who I missed and the Hozier stuff is not too bad, the male presenter seems a twat though, couldn't they have got someone like Leagues O'Toole, Dave Fanning, the presenters for Under Ether or even John Kelly. We need one of these people to get behind a proper alternative broadcast of EP and poach it to the likes of TG4 or TV3 or BBC NI, UTV, because the old fogies that run RTE just don't know how to do this. What happened to the people behind the Homelands documentary about Ireland's first dance festival in 1999 that was proper interviews with the best in electronica at the time and uncluttered clips of great music.

I know one of the earlier picnics was covered by TV3. The rte show was a pieced together as a last minute thing, doubt they had any time to get clearance for bands to show some of their sets, hence all the rambling.
    They styled it on the bbc 2 glastonbury show too much, but they get away with all the interviews, acoustic sets and ****e talk because they have wall to wall coverage on the red button, iplayer and bbc3. BBCs coverage of t in the park and reading is very different.

OK - An electric picnic 2015 thread needs to be opened:eek: I heard the name of a band that Festival Republic are trying to sign for next year an hour or so ago.

Ah jeez, I am still stupid since the weekend. It is too fcuking early to be looking forward to next year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    OK - An electric picnic 2015 thread needs to be opened:eek: I heard the name of a band that Festival Republic are trying to sign for next year an hour or so ago.

Ah jeez, I am still stupid since the weekend. It is too fcuking early to be looking forward to next year.

Spill the beans :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

To be completely honest, a black blank screen with a small white box that says 'script void' is much more entertaining than the actual programme they broadcast. Throw a few yokes into ya and watch that white box for a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement