Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

griffdaddy wrote: »
    The Stranglers are brilliant live, really looking forward to them. Big fan of Beck's recorded stuff, have no idea what he sounds like live though, he doesn't really have 'a sound'. Still missing a big electronic act though

I know they prob dont suit EP but if they got Knife Party :) for a late night slot

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

There is still more to come, I see a sunday night gap here. Chich or Pet shop boys wont sell out a sunday. Best case Qotsa for Sunday, worst case....Coldplay :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

There is still more to come, I see a sunday night gap here. Chich or Pet shop boys wont sell out a sunday. Best case Qotsa for Sunday, worst case....Coldplay :-(

Coldplay won't be at EP, they could sell out a few nights in any arena the country and make more money as well. Good riddance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I know they prob dont suit EP but if they got Knife Party :) for a late night slot

There's always the rave in the woods for that kinda carry on anyway :cool:

Would like a big warp act, Squarepusher or Aphex Twin. Venetian Snares would be good too. Not asking for much here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

• Advertisement

I was being facieous with the Coldplay comment but there is still a "big name" up for grabs. qotsa or NIN would be brilliant but NIN are back in north america at that time. Qotsa are at Rock en Seine the week before so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Red Bull stage still to be announced at a later stage. looks like Chromeo will be announced later on tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I really thought outkast would be better received than this! One of the most innovative and iconic hiphop acts over the last 2 decades?! Between themselves, and their solo material, there is such potential for an amazing setlist!

It's a massive coup for EP to get them I think, fair play to them for pulling it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

MattD wrote: »
    I really thought outkast would be better received than this! One of the most innovative and iconic hiphop acts over the last 2 decades?! Between themselves, and their solo material, there is such potential for an amazing setlist!

It's a massive coup for EP to get them I think, fair play to them for pulling it off

A lot of people only know them as the Hey Ya & Miss Jackson group, which is a shame. I'll be front row for their set anyway can't wait to catch them live :cool:

They're awesome tracks too though! :s

I'd die if queens was announced tonight, think acts like Damon albarn, 2door or giorgio moroder are more realistic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I was being facieous with the Coldplay comment but there is still a "big name" up for grabs. qotsa or NIN would be brilliant but NIN are back in north america at that time. Qotsa are at Rock en Seine the week before so fingers crossed
    Don't see a big gap myself.
    Chic-Beck-Foals-Pet Shop Boys-OutKast-Portishead are the 6 big acts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Do they play with a full band or backing tracks?

I wasnt go to go this year, but think I'll have to change my mind now. Would really like to see Slowdive and White Denim. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Delighted with that. Good headliners and then you move down to Flume and Laura Mvula. Plenty of new ones to check out and no Coldplay or Killers

OutKast will be immense live. Stankonia, Speakerboxxx/Love Below, ATLiens, Aquemini and Sir Luscious Leftfoot are all superb albums.

They're awesome tracks too though! :s

I know that's what confuses me. They name off those two tracks and count off the group because of them. If there was tracks as good as Ms Jackson in the charts every week we'd be doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Foals are amazing live , would love to see cage the elephant added too. White denim are meant to be really good too.

Just my opinion, I just dont see what combination of these acts selling out a sunday at €90 a pop yet but I may be wrong...but its well known EP make alot of their profit from the Sunday sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Do they play with a full band or backing tracks?
    they haven't played together in over 10 years, Coachella in April will be their first gig back, so will see then...

Must check out Slowdive, White Denim, Temples and Kaytranada

Just my opinion, I just dont see what combination of these acts selling out a sunday at €90 a pop yet but I may be wrong...but its well known EP make alot of their profit from the Sunday sales.
    OutKast and Chic/ OutKast and Foals.
    OutKast are a big name for people with decent memories, Chic and Foals regularly sell out venues in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

sadie06 wrote: »
    I'm holding out for The Gloaming in the Body and Soul line up.

I think they will headline one of the stages yet to be announced alright. I expect them to be a highlight of the weekend.

Pet Shop Boys I'd guess or else an act to be revealed tonight like the Killers.

Can't wait to read the posts in here after the gig saying how amazing outkast were and who knew they had more than 2 songs.

Malkmus not even mentioned once.

Could totally see a full band a la the roots or HBE for them, seems like their style!

Good lineup. Not spectacular but not disappointing either.
    Would like to see Portishead, St. Vincent, Slowdive, London Grammar and Beck.
    This would be my fifth picnic in a row but I dunno if I can afford it this year, even with the discount. So if I can't go I hope it rains all weekend! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AhWhatNow

I am sold on this if Chromeo is announced! How fast will weekend tickets sell out? I'm assuming it'll be okay to buy them tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

God I hate Nile Rodgers.the rest is fine though,pity about qotsa

I don't get the hate, just go to another stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

AhWhatNow wrote: »
    I am sold on this if Chromeo is announced! How fast will weekend tickets sell out? I'm assuming it'll be okay to buy them tomorrow?

Can't see it selling out for a few months anyway!

AhWhatNow wrote: »

If it sells out, it'll be july I reckon.

Last year sold out and it was the 1st one in a while to iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Gerdev

Very underwhelming line up in my opinion. I know a lot of the 'seasoned' EP'ers would consider this to be a return to form of sorts for Electric Picnic, mainly due to the high number of indie pop bands on the bill. But come on, regardless of the EP ethos, its not hard to see that the line up is completely lacking in energy and any sort of stand out acts (apart form maybe Outkast). I know I will probably told to 'go back to Oxegen' for this type of heresy, but I believe the organisers dropped the ball big time with this line up. As it was a huge chance to build on last years success. I don't think any one would be confident in saying that it will sell out, as there is simply not enough pulling power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Malkmus to play AT & T and I die of happiness!

Just happened to be listening to a lot of Beck, Outkast and Foals so really excited for them.

Mirror Traffic by the Jicks is a great album, kind of pavement-y at points so hope to here a bit of that!

Gunna have to start listening to Portishead, always meant to get around to it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Would love to see Garth Brooks announced ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement