Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    OK - An electric picnic 2015 thread needs to be opened:eek: I heard the name of a band that Festival Republic are trying to sign for next year an hour or so ago.

Ah jeez, I am still stupid since the weekend. It is too fcuking early to be looking forward to next year.

2014 EP thread was opened in Oct last year... so it wouldn't be that early ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Thursday and I am still in bits! Have lovely cough/cold combo as well as the desire to sleep for a week from the cold in the tent on Saturday night.

Am too old for this camping lark :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Thursday and I am still in bits! Have lovely cough/cold combo as well as the desire to sleep for a week from the cold in the tent on Saturday night.

Am too old for this camping lark :-)

Saturday night was damn cold alright! I had brought a naggin of brandy (which I don't even drink) as I was worried about night time temperatures and had some romanticised notion of a St. Bernard carrying it in mountain rescues. My husband thought I was cracked, but I took a few slugs getting into bed on Saturday night as I was freezing after Portishead, and another few when I woke up shivering at about 5. It worked a treat!

It's now in the press awaiting the arrival of an elderly relative at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Spill the beans :P
    everlast75 wrote: »
    2014 EP thread was opened in Oct last year... so it wouldn't be that early ;)

I heard that they were trying to book the band that sings Ho Hey... The Lumineers - this is the exact way it was said to me. Because obviously the band only has one song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

I heard that they were trying to book the band that sings Ho Hey... The Lumineers - this is the exact way it was said to me. Because obviously the band only has one song :)

Aiming high, then.....:cool::cool:

• Advertisement

roll wrote: »
    Aiming high, then.....:cool::cool:

It is the only song of theirs I know but it is ideal festival material - summer, outdoors & happy.

I am still wrecked after the weekend. Sod this, going back to bed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Did anyone see Paolo Nutini? was he any good?

MadYaker wrote: »

Caught a bit of him. He is a very good vocalist of that there is no doubt, but his sex appeal is a bit hard-worked and his material isn't weighty enough to support his non-stop intensity. Also, it's a bit early in his career for him to be altering his hit songs to near obscurity. Can he really be that bored of them already?

MadYaker wrote: »

I was admiring his fineness. He is one good looking man, probably doing too much drooling to really appreciate the music :o

Seriously he was good, excellent performer, a good set.
    However he did that thing that really annoys me. At the end of one of his songs, it warped into a 30 second version of 'These Shoes'. Only for the hits, he wouldn't be where he is - it really annoys me when artists do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Queen-Mise you have it all wrong it actually goes "Hey Ho" that makes a huge difference!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Effects wrote: »
    Foals

:confused::confused:

jadie wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

As opposed to The Foals.

Went to see Eurythmics years ago and the very first thing Annie Lennox said when she got on stage was "Hello. We are Eurythmics. Not The Eurythmics, as the owners of this venue put up outside". Cringe!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Queen-Mise you have it all wrong it actually goes "Hey Ho" that makes a huge difference!! ;)

Tis Ho Hey alright! :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvCBSSwgtg4

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jaykayathome

Just purchased 2 x 3+ loyalty tickets. In fairness to ticketmaster it only took a quick email to get the 3+ code instead of the 2+!
    It's the only way to get rid of the post E.P blues!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Jesus.....talk about post-festival blues! I've been an emotional wreck the past two days!

So many good acts, new friends and good times had! Such a shame it had to end :(

Anyone know if it's easy to blag the 3+ ticket? I was at EP in 2011 and this year - want to get the 3+ before 31st of this month!

peace

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jaykayathome

they sent me a 2+, even though they had issued me a 3+ last year. I went onto their website last night, into the help section, and then the contact us section.
    Sent them a 3 line email stating my case, and this morning saw an email in my spam from them with the new code.
    Happy days, give it a try sure.

Eod100 wrote: »

Tis is right my apologies Queen-Mise! The first "Ho" in the lyrics is a bit discrete! Argh it's not the same song anymore!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

they sent me a 2+, even though they had issued me a 3+ last year. I went onto their website last night, into the help section, and then the contact us section.
    Sent them a 3 line email stating my case, and this morning saw an email in my spam from them with the new code.
    Happy days, give it a try sure.

Only problem is, is that I bought my ticket at the EP site in 2011 and my pal bought me one early this year..so I've no electronic proof!

I'll e-mail the above and see what they say

cheers

Jesus.....talk about post-festival blues! I've been an emotional wreck the past two days!

So many good acts, new friends and good times had! Such a shame it had to end :(

Anyone know if it's easy to blag the 3+ ticket? I was at EP in 2011 and this year - want to get the 3+ before 31st of this month!

peace

Always looking forward to the EP, practically for the whole year, only considering things pre EP nothing beyond that! So it's a real bummer to be the far side!!
    I'm in some depressed state also + mix with a cold, nights sweats! Depressive thinking! Like I'm I happy with the other half/Job/car! I'll be grand in week or so but jeez gives a bit of insight.

Quite a few go pro's on poles over the wend, any one see any footage?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chief87

it's nearly Friday and I am still depressed :(...Might camp in the garden for the weekend..

Who wants in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

sadie06 wrote: »
    As opposed to The Foals.

Went to see Eurythmics years ago and the very first thing Annie Lennox said when she got on stage was "Hello. We are Eurythmics. Not The Eurythmics, as the owners of this venue put up outside". Cringe!

+1

Also when people used to call Klaxons, The Klaxons it used to boil my blood and when people say they when referring to DJs

''Did you see Duke Dumont?''

''No can't believe I missed them, where they good?''

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Back in work today and still feeling unbelievably depressed :(, miss the place so much this was definitely my favourite year so far.
    This day next year we we be on our way down again! Going to book my ticket now and see if that cheers me up at all. Roll on EP 2015!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Finally starting to feel human again but so so sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jossys_giants

So basically we have till midnight Sat to watch it. Well done RTE, you massive bell ends.

you think they are bell ends now? Wait until you watch the coverage. Maybe thee worst bit of telly Ive ever seen. The 2 folk presenting....dear jesus (no harm to them)

Lost property from this years EP, usual keys, phones! And a bass guitar??? WTF! :)

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/gardasiochana/14949899407/in/set-72157646812203158/

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Lost property from this years EP, usual phones! And a bass guitar??? WTF! :)

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/gardasiochana/14949899407/in/set-72157646812203158/

Hey Fatfrog do you know if this is all the lost property

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Hey Fatfrog do you know if this is all the lost property

Sorry I don't, today FM were talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

So that Friday was quite wet then. First really wet day at EP since Sunday of 2011.

Really enjoyed the weekend, as one would expect. Didn't make enough use of Mindfield, but really enjoyed everything I saw. Probably going to do some installments before the month ends.

The fire in Body and Soul was a bloody godsend. Spent a good hour there on both Saturday and Sunday night getting some feeling back into my bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Lost property from this years EP, usual keys, phones! And a bass guitar??? WTF! :)

Does anyone know if the Gardai did something like this for last years event?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That's not a bass.

EDIT: That IS a bass.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement