Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Great weekend as usual at electric picnic but one thing that really bugged me all weekend is that bloody fake d4 accent it was everywhere i can still even hear it in my sleep....please make it stop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Hogzy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Gardai did something like this for last years event?

They did. Stuff is probably gone by now though. Surely if you lost something you would have known about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Great weekend as usual at electric picnic but one thing that really bugged me all weekend is that bloody fake d4 accent it was everywhere i can still even hear it in my sleep....please make it stop

is that accent genuinely put on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

byrneg28 wrote: »
    is that accent genuinely put on?

it has to be because not every single person in the Warhol campsite can be from there can they

it has to be because not every single person in the Warhol campsite can be from there can they

You weren't in the cool part of the Warhol were all the boys from Costa del Coolock were!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

byrneg28 wrote: »
    You weren't in the cool part of the Warhol were all the boys from Costa del Coolock were!

And what's wrong with Coolock? I've from Coolock!

(*gets out shank and approaches byrneg28 menacingly ;))

everlast75 wrote: »
    And what's wrong with Coolock? I've from Coolock!

(*gets out shank and approaches byrneg28 menacingly ;))

I was referring to myself my friend, I'm from the sunny shores of Coolock myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Effects wrote: »
    They did. Stuff is probably gone by now though. Surely if you lost something you would have known about this.

Never knew they posted pictures. I lost a phone last year and reported it at the Garda hut, they took down my details but I heard nothing back.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Never knew they posted pictures. I lost a phone last year and reported it at the Garda hut, they took down my details but I heard nothing back.

They are probably too busy/lazy to get in touch with you. You generally have to chase Gardaí when you are dealing with them or you get nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

you think they are bell ends now? Wait until you watch the coverage. Maybe thee worst bit of telly Ive ever seen. The 2 folk presenting....dear jesus (no harm to them)

Jenny Green was half bearable but that other dope?

Interviewing the Stranglers and he asks them what's their favourite cheese?

Don't worry about missing the RTE coverage, 70% was banal interviews and the 2 presenters talking Shiite to each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

They are probably too busy/lazy to get in touch with you. You generally have to chase Gardaí when you are dealing with them or you get nowhere.

In fairness after a festival they are dealing with hundreds of lost items and only vague descriptions to go on, you are lucky if you get anything back

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    In fairness after a festival they are dealing with hundreds of lost items and only vague descriptions to go on, you are lucky if you get anything back

That's why it's best to go and take a look. Didn't they have everything laid out on a table in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

That's why it's best to go and take a look. Didn't they have everything laid out on a table in the past?

Ya but they dont find alot of stuff until the clean up on Monday when everyone is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrscloudatlas

My sister lost 2 iphones at 2 EPs. Both times they were handed into the gardai tent. They phoned the last number dialled which was me. Told me where it was so happy days. Decent folk around back then in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Don't mind the regular one, few of cousins have it but there's another stream, It's like south Dublin crashing into dumb Californian accent! Tends to be women more so lads?
    Say these phrases;
    "Totes, amazeballs"
    "I'm like soooooo hung over"
    "Ooh my gaud, did youuu gou to the raave in the woods last night"

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

They were so much better this year than last year, more bogs, more showers, the cafe thingy was excellent, full irish for a tenner was just what was needed on Sat/Sun morning.

where was the cafe?

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Don't mind the regular one, few of cousins have it but there's another stream, It's like south Dublin crashing into dumb Californian accent! Tends to be women more so lads?
    Say these phrases;
    "Totes, amazeballs"
    "I'm like soooooo hung over"
    "Ooh my gaud, did youuu gou to the raave in the woods last night"

Its like their mouths spew constant bull**** but their heads don't move. Wft?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

slaneylad wrote: »
    where was the cafe?

In between the check-in tent and the pamper parlour/bogs. Lots of picnic tables beside it? Looked like a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Jesus are people not allowed speak anymore?!??

I don't know why people get upset when someone speaks with an accent, or wears certain clothes, or doesn't conform to what someone else decides as acceptable...

*this coming from me with the thickest culchie accent you'll ever hear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

Gosh I have really bad post Electric Picnic Blues, I wish it was this time last week, when I was awake with the excitment :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I camped in Warhol and there was a girl camping there from Dublah called Coco :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

question re pink moon-would it add much to the price of staying there to have its own entry into the arena? Say 2,000 people stayed there at €10 a head - that's €20k - surely enough for its own hassle-free entry beside the electric arena!

roll wrote: »
    question re pink moon-would it add much to the price of staying there to have its own entry into the arena? Say 2,000 people stayed there at €10 a head - that's €20k - surely enough for its own hassle-free entry beside the electric arena!

We were at the back of pink moon which made that long walk to The Arena particularly hateful. Seen a few scale the fence to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Would like to thank all of you guys who used the Android app, spread the word and left reviews on the play store. I had 3,300 downloads, which is great. Feels good to have helped so many people plan their weekend. I even had some people say "hey have you seen this app?" .. which felt really mad.

Overall, I had a great festival …

Highlights:
    Glass Animals (LBT)
    Glass Animals (B&S) - so good we went twice and skipped Mogwai!!!.
    Jungle - was blown away by this set.
    Tune-Yards - she is a class act
    Young Fathers - excellent set, superb act.
    London Grammar - amazing. I think everyone in there was stunned.
    Beck - just what was hoped for.
    Portishead - fantastic.

Lowlights:
    Sound for Vancouver Sleep Clinic. Bass was ridiculously loud. He was great.
    St. Vincent - Maybe it was just me, but I found it boring as feck.
    SBTRKT - Just couldn't get into it .. went to Chic.
    Missing King Kong Company cos I was too knackered to get out of the campervan again.
    Am a bit miffed that I have to fork out cash out of this month's salary to get my discount for next year… grrr.. i just spent a shed load of money last weekend..

Overall .. it was a class weekend, up there with the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

While we're on accents, the numpty from Cork on the Warhol side of the border between Warhol and Joplin on the Saturday morning, going on about how Mayo would never win the All-Ireland. Then having a go at Dublin, then Wexford randomly, then Mayo again. He must have been screaming at the top of his lungs for about 30 minutes.

Where are Cork this year pal?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

This time last week I just had my tent up and headbutting my first can. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

This year was the best of the 3 that I've been to. I stayed in Family Camping so no real complaints about campsite conditions, toilets etc.

This year I decided to take it easy and just wander around a lot. Last year we brought my nephew with us so it was predominately main stage acts we went to see, plus falling and almost breaking my ankle on the Friday night slightly scuppered any plans I had of exploring anyway.
    Like a few others here, I got lost trying to find the Rave in the Woods on the Saturday and couldn't actually find it. I think it was more a case that the RITW is so far away from the Family Camping that unless you definitely know that another 5 mins walk will get you there you just give up.
    I also didn't realise that you have to leave the arena to get to it, we were walking around for ages before we even realised that.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that if you were getting bored listening to an act just leave and go somewhere else. I had that advice ringing in my head for the whole weekend and as a result I got to see a lot of other acts that I probably wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Highlights for me were, Seinabo Sey, Jenny Lewis, James Murphy, Hozier, and a bunch of others that I can't think of, along with Body & Soul, the food, the really cool people you always meet, and the weather!

Just on James Murphy, does anybody have a setlist for what he played? There was a track in particular that he played that absoluted rocked the place. It was a really long swirling arpeggio type electronic track?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

Would like to thank all of you guys who used the Android app, spread the word and left reviews on the play store. I had 3,300 downloads, which is great. Feels good to have helped so many people plan their weekend. I even had some people say "hey have you seen this app?" .. which felt really mad.

Thanks so much for the app - it was the absolute business. EP should be giving you free tickets for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

thror wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the app - it was the absolute business. EP should be giving you free tickets for that!

Glad it helped .. and... Yes they should!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Glad it helped .. and... Yes they should!

Yeah it's a fantastic app.

I didn't notice any ads on it either, so hope you get something for your hard work :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement