Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

byrneg28 wrote: »
    I heard a rumour that they just plough the whole land after with all the rubbish and left-overs, is this true? or is a clean up done first
    LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Hogzy wrote: »
    Would there be any advantage to having EP on in say early June or the end of May?

As long as it's not during school holidays...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Only seeing this now ''The loyalty scheme (and use of discount codes) will end on 30th September or in the event of a sell-out, whichever comes first.'' Thought there was mention of loyalty tickets going on sale again in 2015?

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/howtoclaimyourticketdiscountcode1

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

For anyone else who watched the trinity orchestra doing demon days by gorillaz do you remember when it was over and they had fade out by radiohead playing over the PA? reminded me of father ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

They did in 2007 and 2008 with Scotland, Scotland had Connect festival that occurred the same weekend with more or less the same line up and boutique idea albeit with a smaller capacity 20,000. Sadly it wasn't as successful as the Picnic at the time plus both Connect editions suffered atrocious weather, lots of rain. The Picnic in 2007 had one mad downpour for an hour on the Sunday afternoon so everyone rushed into the EA for the Beastie Boys and Sunday 2008 the skies opened up about 1.30 am, so the Picnic fared a bit better than most. There is also End of the Road festival that shared some of the same acts the same weekend this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connect_Music_Festival

Ya i think Connect also suffered because of Rockness which hasn't been on it recent years.

Also if you have it in June its bright when the musics stops, its one of the cool things about Body and Soul but a bit annoying when ya want a bit of kip.
    If the picnic switch to June July only the last act on the main stage would have darkness which is important for any acts with a decent visual show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Eod100 wrote: »
    Only seeing this now ''The loyalty scheme (and use of discount codes) will end on 30th September or in the event of a sell-out, whichever comes first.'' Thought there was mention of loyalty tickets going on sale again in 2015?

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/howtoclaimyourticketdiscountcode1

I seriously would try to buy soon, using the instalment plan if money is tight. You pay roughly a third now, third in Nov and the balance in February.

I'm not saying it's going to sell out, but ticket sales seem to be very strong (judging by the fact that family camping 1 sold out days ago) and if they are that strong, there will be no incentive for them to offer the loyalty discount again in 2015.

I think a lot of people that missed the boat this year were primed to purchase immediately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

I heard a rumour that they just plough the whole land after with all the rubbish and left-overs, is this true? or is a clean up done first

Of course a clean up is done first. You couldn't plough the rubbish into the land.

The use tractor towed "hoover" type units and hand pickers. Plenty of cash and valuables to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

meant to ask-what did people think of the horrors? Only got 'Luminous' after threatening to check them out properly for years. I love luminous but it was just a bit too noisy at EP-kinda difficult to decipher betweens tunes almost? Did i miss the point somewhere?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

I nearly fainted just there when I read this :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Rediscovering the Stranglers back catalogue again, some gems in there, Duchess, Walk on by, so pleased I caught them on Saturday even if they only have two remaining original members, they gave it their best. Would love to see XTC reform, they would be amazing in the Stranglers slot. Partridge is seemingly still active with music but I don't think has toured in quite a while.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XTC

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Rediscovering the Stranglers back catalogue again, some gems in there, Duchess, Walk on by, so pleased I caught them on Saturday even if they only have two remaining original members, they gave it their best. Would love to see XTC reform, they would be amazing in the Stranglers slot. Partridge is seemingly still active with music but I don't has toured in quite a while.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XTC

Would be great but i'd be very surprised. I think Partridge has anxiety issues to this day when it comes to live performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

All this talk about ploughing fields, look I'm getting adds for fertiliser!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

sadie06 wrote: »
    I seriously would try to buy soon, using the instalment plan if money is tight. You pay roughly a third now, third in Nov and the balance in February.

I'm not saying it's going to sell out, but ticket sales seem to be very strong (judging by the fact that family camping 1 sold out days ago) and if they are that strong, there will be no incentive for them to offer the loyalty discount again in 2015.

I think a lot of people that missed the boat this year were primed to purchase immediately!

Thanks! The instalment deal is great alright. I'm trying to get a few friends to go next year so was trying to keep them in the loop.

Found this saying more reward tickets will go on sale in 2015 so not sure which one is right. Guess it makes sense to go for the instalment now as next year don't think there'll be any line-up announcement when discount tickets are sill on sale. http://electricpicnic.ie/electricpicnic2015ticketsnowonsale

Harpoons and restedder.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

roll wrote: »
    meant to ask-what did people think of the horrors? Only got 'Luminous' after threatening to check them out properly for years. I love luminous but it was just a bit too noisy at EP-kinda difficult to decipher betweens tunes almost? Did i miss the point somewhere?

also-re wild beasts-i was very disappointed with them-were they poor or was i expecting something else live?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Does anybody know if the €155 earlybird tickets will be available at some point for EP 2015?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

TheStook wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the €155 earlybird tickets will be available at some point for EP 2015?

They're currently available until the end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

TheStook wrote: »

they said that early bird tickets will go back onsale in 2015. no mention of whether they would still be €155.

the instalment plan is available until the end of the month if that's any use. pay €55 now, €50 in november, final €50 in february.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm so broke but think il do the installment plan now to have it done and dusted

A photo taken of me and another volunteer on the main stage at Electric Picnic pre-festival.

1609922_10152652841589568_7533967189848850118_n.jpg?oh=c0f39c239d8d21eaecf176208dcf5a7b&oe=548ABB27&__gda__=1419421100_a535a2876024586f8a92ee21544d14bb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

can't believe its over probably only seen about 10 - 15 acts over course of the weekend but was my best picnic yet(fourth year there)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

here's Sunil Sharpe's set on the RBMA stage on Friday night:
    https://soundcloud.com/sunilsharpe/sunil-sharpe-electric-picnic

A nice clip uploaded from someone on Youtube of Sunil doing his set too.

Aw I miss talking about EP 2014, one of the best yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm not ready to join the 2015 thread yet

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

Did anyone see Slowdive, and if so what were they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Rfrip wrote: »
    I'm not ready to join the 2015 thread yet

I didn't know there was a 2015 thread until just now. I'm not ready to say goodbye.

Did anyone see Slowdive, and if so what were they like?

I never saw them myself but there is a few videos up of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Anyone catch Unknown Mortal Orchestra or Temples?

• Advertisement

Just watching Bestival highlights on 4OD atm, it was broadcast on Channel 4 on Tuesday, some of the headliners from EP are on here, it shows Beck doing New Pollution which I don't think he done at EP, there's a good Foals clip too, worth checking out. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bestival/on-demand/60338-001

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement