Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

With the increase in capacity they'll be making butt loads of cash so they could easily afford to keep ticket prices the same as last year.
    Possibly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

With the increase in capacity they'll be making butt loads of cash so they could easily afford to keep ticket prices the same as last year.
    Possibly.

I dont think so, the prices were silly cheap, cost over here compared to uk are huge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mr.S wrote: »
    Dunno about you, 2013 EP was very enjoyable and while there where some teething issues with the new organizers, I had a great time! Isn't that what its all about? I came across tons of people this year saying how EP has gone down the drain and that it was overrun by kids. I think its time to realise that its just yourselves that are getting older and stop trying to compare a festival of 7/8/9 years ago to present day. Did you really expect it to stay the same year after year? C'mon now.

C'mon you cant deny the crowd have played a huge part in the picnic experience over the years!!
    Don't get me wrong, enjoyed last year + I understand the need for new festival goers to come on board! just not so many twats please:(!!
    "shure why did they bother wasting money on all the sh**e in the middle":eek:... B&S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

can cross Arcade Fire off the headliners list anyway, playing in Montreal on the Saturday night:
    http://pitchfork.com/news/52296-arcade-fire-announce-big-tour/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Fatfrog wrote: »
    C'mon you cant deny the crowd have played a huge part in the picnic experience over the years!!
    Don't get me wrong, enjoyed last year + I understand the need for new festival goers to come on board! just not so many twats please:(!!
    "shure why did they bother wasting money on all the sh**e in the middle":eek:... B&S

i think people need to relaise its not really the boutique festival it was... its moving away from that, it had to, to turn a profit, its take it or leave it sadly, promotors arent a charity

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

1441201_10152028340289168_986477388_n.png

Goes onsale the day before my birthday :) Kinda glad its pushed back since im broke at the moment

Artic monkeys to headline T in the park, Lilly Allen for Glasto (please EP organisers don't even think about it)

Outkast reuniting, playing Coachella California as well as others dates in the US, could be one to watch?"hey ya" But weren't they one hit wonders?

They were just too slick for the times.

• Advertisement

If Outkast played EP it would make my weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

ID be happy with Outkast.

Die Antwoord with Aphex Twin on the decks and Chris Cunningham on visuals...

I'd die a happy man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Outkast would be absolutely amazing.
    Even if they are going to play outside North America though, I have little hope in EP booking them.

Yea id say they will be an expensive act to book

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I'll be getting my early bird ticket in December anyway!

Word on the street is that they'll be increasing ticket numbers and have introduced "allocated tenting" so make sure you buy tickets in pairs*

*may not be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Aotearoa wrote: »
    id eat my own mickey to see tame impala

They were pretty poor in the Olympia. A Picnic slot would suit them down to the ground.

Jurassic 5 are touring next year. /crosses fingers

Ha ha hilarious!! That's a joke yea? Allocated tents that would never work! 11 o'clock on the Friday night some dude tells you "ur in my spot..." "Ok I'll just take my tent down in the dark, and put it back up... Not!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Ha ha hilarious!! That's a joke yea? Allocated tents that would never work! 11 o'clock on the Friday night some dude tells you "ur in my spot..." "Ok I'll just take my tent down in the dark, and put it back up... Not!!!"

yeah just a joke! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

OutKast are probably the biggest and best rap duo of all time. Putting out music for 12 years before they called it a day. Far from one hit wonders.

Can't seem they touring Europe anytime soon though, I'd reckon Coachella and maybe few other American shows will be all they'll play.

• Advertisement

Plus i can see them doing the Budweiser Made in America festival which was on the same weekend as EP this year

What kinda of cost are we expecting on the 11th, thinking around the €170-180 mark?

HighClass wrote: »
    OutKast are probably the biggest and best rap duo of all time. Putting out music for 12 years before they called it a day. Far from one hit wonders.

Can't seem they touring Europe anytime soon though, I'd reckon Coachella and maybe few other American shows will be all they'll play.

dj jazzy jeff and the fresh prince

dj jazzy jeff and the fresh prince

I raise you ToeJam & Earl

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Funkfield wrote: »
    I raise you ToeJam & Earl

Chas and Dave tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

That_Guy wrote: »
    Chas and Dave tbh.

Salt n Peppa

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Mr.S wrote: »
    Sounds about right to me. I'd be very surprised if they did the 149.99 price again.

Yeah 170 would be sweet.

Catmologen wrote: »
    Salt n Peppa

was actually a trio

was actually a trio

Salt N Peppa

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

I'm surprised they're not making more of the ten year anniversary thing. Not easy getting ten years out of a festival and it's worth shouting about imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement