Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AhWhatNow

If Royksopp and Robyn brought their tour to this I would be delighted. Anyone reckon that's likely? So far the date is free. http://doitaga.in/?utm_source=royksopp.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=doitagain-tour&utm_content=royksopp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

GenieOz wrote: »
    and they're hipsters, no point denying it.

I don't think you know what a hipster is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm going to hold out on buying a ticket until more acts are announced and I figure what my friends are doing. The group you go with is more important that the lineup imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm going to hold out on buying a ticket until more acts are announced and I figure what my friends are doing. The group you go with is more important that the lineup imo.

Every single solo festival goer just cringed a little...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm just blasting out Odelay out on the system just now WAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 kitten_77

Sorry I haven't been following the thread particularly closely, but where have the rumours of The Killers playing come from? Also is there any chance of James Vincent McMorrow?]

The Killers at EP? I'll eat my festival hat.

I'm hoping that Chromeo and Royskopp will be added later..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Want to know exactly what a hipster is? Check out this via the daly edge! Very funny & accurate!

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/reactions-to-electric-picnic-lineup-1369806-Mar2014/?utm_source=twitter_self

Well there doesn't seem to be any further additions on the poster, still happy with that announcement though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Did they not say they would add a few acts though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Quite happy with the line-up. Only thing missing for me was the hope of QOTSA. Really looking forward to Outkast, Metronomy and London Grammar. Would like a few more electric acts to be announced. Boys Noize, Gesaffelstein and Hudson Mohawke would go down a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So no extra big act added :( I am disappoint

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Last year Robert Plant was added a good bit later and was the 4th billing so still room for big act in the future, perhaps even QOTSA. So, when is the next announcement anyways!

Duff wrote: »
    Quite happy with the line-up. Only thing missing for me was the hope of QOTSA. Really looking forward to Outkast, Metronomy and London Grammar. Would like a few more electric acts to be announced. Boys Noize, Gesaffelstein and Hudson Mohawke would go down a treat.

Oh man. That would be amazing. Gesaffelstein has yet to play here yet, as far as I'm aware? Hearing Pursuit and OPR at EP would be the greatest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

AhWhatNow wrote: »
    Oh man. That would be amazing. Gesaffelstein has yet to play here yet, as far as I'm aware? Hearing Pursuit and OPR at EP would be the greatest.
    he played in Dublin in October, possibly before that as well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

There is a big Royskopp (and Robyn) size hole in this line up.
    QOTSA wont be there if they aren't in the first announcement, they are too big a band to just add later on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

lbj666 wrote: »
    There is a big Royskopp (and Robyn) size hole in this line up.
    QOTSA wont be there if they aren't in the first announcement, they are too big a band to just add later on

And whats Robert Plant? Chopped liver? :P

Please don't shít all over my hopes of QOTSA! Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

Good line up, a lot better than last year anyway! Want to get my discount code but any idea how long they last for? I don't get paid until next friday.

The joys of getting paid monthly :pac:

he played in Dublin in October, possibly before that as well too.

Ah his first time was that date in October, a dj set, so there might still be some hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I think the discount codes are valid until 18th April, after that all tickets go up to €194.50 until 4th July and then they increase to €229.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

I think the discount codes are valid until 18th April, after that all tickets go up to €194.50 until 4th July and then they increase to €229.50.

Thanks, i'm gonna apply for my discount code now so and just pay when i have the money.

Cheers for the reply!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

State Magazine
    No more acts to be announced tonight unfortunately, but the @EPfestival bill is far from complete.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mr.S wrote: »
    No new acts but lots of food and drink hehe

Any word on when they might announce? I can see them seeing how ticket sales are going over the first few weeks and then if they need they can announce more

They should maybe announce some of the electronic acts sooner this year, hoping for Moderat, Gesaffelstein, Moroder if he can make it, maybe some of the acts from B&S and Life when they pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Right, well that was fun...

I can't wait for the next argument on how Indiependance has alienated indie labels and is only going to attract the dreaded oxegen crowd, while still only appealing to pretentious hipster douches, when they announce courteeners and cage the elephant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Looking forward to it, luckily I found my 2011 Programme and get the 3 picnic deal, memories.:)

That spotify playlist really made a difference last year, I hope they release another soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Re-educating myself on older OutKast stuff and finding myself more and more convinced that they are perfect for EP.
    Tell me we won't all be head bobbing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Ernest Oreo

No Coldplay?

aghh ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Also, lilly allen?! Glad I can avoid that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Also, lilly allen?! Glad I can avoid that anyway.

Yeah, she sticks out a bit on that line up :pac:

This year's Ellie Goulding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Seriously contrasting reactions on the EP Facebook page as expected!. I particularly like;

"Very poor for irelands main festival, wouldnt watch pet shop boys play out my back garden... Pull out the big guns or risk losing alot of people.. What about bon iver, temper trap, mgmt, citizen cope... Some good alt rock etc"

ha ha.....;) ;)

****edit***
    "The big guns" mgmt temper trap aha ha ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement