Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Aye the EP facebook page is always good for a laugh. The oxegen one was even better last year! I never get involved in the debates though. Life is too short for that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I would like Bon Iver!

You do see some horrendous stuff being posted on the FB page though! I'll be waitin til the next announcement before a make a purchase, one more big band would have me sold though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Thats the thing though, lots of folk want this and that without thinking how to scoop them, but if you are going to be on the button about what a festival announces its always best to do a little research beforehand, find out if said artists touring falls in with that particular festival. I was hoping on the off chance that Aphex Twin might be a European exclusive for EP but not a chance as he is not touring at all, had he been playing Reading/Leeds or Rock en Seine, he might've been booked. Ah well maybe later on or perhaps next year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 plongker

yeah aphex twin would have been great, still overall im pleased with the lineup and im hoping there will be more good acts announced yet. robert plant were announced late and they were my highlight last year. no reason cant happen again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I would like Bon Iver.

They are on hiatus so no chance unfortunately, but JV's new band Volcano Choir are in Europe over the summer so hopefully will see them in Ireland at some festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Seriously contrasting reactions on the EP Facebook page as expected!. I particularly like;

"Very poor for irelands main festival, wouldnt watch pet shop boys play out my back garden... Pull out the big guns or risk losing alot of people.. What about bon iver, temper trap, mgmt, citizen cope... Some good alt rock etc"

ha ha.....;) ;)

****edit***
    "The big guns" mgmt temper trap aha ha ha

One poor aul child wrote "lily Allen is the only decent act playing"

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Looking forward to it, luckily I found my 2011 Programme and get the 3 picnic deal, memories.:)

That spotify playlist really made a difference last year, I hope they release another soon.
    this one was posted earlier:
    garrkell wrote: »

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MadYaker wrote: »
    Aye the EP facebook page is always good for a laugh. The oxegen one was even better last year! I never get involved in the debates though. Life is too short for that nonsense.

Yea reading some of them . People saying its the worst line up in 10 years or someone saying Lily Allen is the only good act (although must admit i caught her at Oxegen 09 and she was'nt too bad)

I also tweeted these lads after they sent a tweet about doing a few festivals during the summer . I asked any chance of Ireland or even EP and they said Fingers Crossed. Now that could be just a fingers crossed for a irish show not neccesarliy EP slot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

On a side note, has anyone done the Tour De Picnic before? What's it like? Thinking of doing it this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 plongker

Rfrip wrote: »
    One poor aul child wrote "lily Allen is the only decent act playing"

:confused:

haha this is the funniest thing ive seen all day :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Duff wrote: »
    On a side note, has anyone done the Tour De Picnic before? What's it like? Thinking of doing it this year..

A friend of mine did it last year . He said it was great raising money but he was wrecked all day friday

Oooooh I like the sound of slowdive

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

any chance anyone has a pic of wristbands i could send of previous picnics to get the early code. Only have one on record and lost all my previous wristbands moving house-any help would be appreciated
    Cant wait to head off for the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Yeah, she sticks out a bit on that line up :pac:

This year's Ellie Goulding

Who was incredibly popular at last years EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I'm delighted with this line-up, should be a great weekend.

And to all the moaners, if you think this is a crap line-up then you're at the wrong festival to be honest.
    Don't let the door hit ya on the way out! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

GenieOz wrote: »

And also incredibly bland when compared to the likes of St. Vincent, Warpaint, the Knife....imo of course

She was still ****e thou :)

She was still ****e thou :)

You didn't go and see her though, did you.
    I thought she was excellent, puts on a good show.

Music snobbery is a hell of a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Seen this floating about claiming to be a 'leak'. Not sure what to make of it, personally think its rubbish. Announcement.jpg

• Advertisement

I did go see her actually and she was ****e

Different strokes an all that . F all to do with snobbery

FinnD wrote: »
    Seen this floating about claiming to be a 'leak'. Not sure what to make of it, personally think its rubbish. Announcement.jpg
    Definitely rubbish.
    I did go see her actually and she was ****e

Different strokes an all that . F all to do with snobbery

Yeah, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Honestly I reckon I'd go to Lily Allen as long as she didn't clash with someone I like. She has a few catchy songs and if she happens to be a Sunday evening/afternoon act in the sunshine I'd say it'd be pretty good craic with a few beers. And now before my reputation is completely ruined around here I think it's a really really strong 1st lineup with loads I'd love to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

FinnD wrote: »

Please God, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

I have programmes from 2009 and 2010 and a ticket stub from 2012. Would I just have to bring these up to ticketmaster and show the cashier? And what's stopping me from just giving the 3 of them to my mates to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

No chance.

Honestly I reckon I'd go to Lily Allen as long as she didn't clash with someone I like. She has a few catchy songs and if she happens to be a Sunday evening/afternoon act in the sunshine I'd say it'd be pretty good craic with a few beers. And now before my reputation is completely ruined around here I think it's a really really strong 1st lineup with loads I'd love to see.

There seems to be something for everyone on the line up I think this year

There seems to be something for everyone on the line up I think this year

Nothing dancey yet though really, unfortunately, but I'm sure it's on the way.
    RBMA was amazing, hope they pull it off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Just had a quick look on twitter and most of the peeps slating the line up also have duck face pics.
    It made me giggle anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

How do you qualify as a musical snob?

Is it as simple as thinking that someone that GenieOz likes is rubbish?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement