Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Rfrip wrote: »
    There seems to be something for everyone on the line up I think this year

Aye, i think it's a fantastic first announcement that ticks a lot of boxes.

Hopefully a few more quality electronic acts to come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Quite happy with the line-up so far but jaysus christ I can't get this tune out of my f#ckin' head, I'm not even a Simple Minds fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

GenieOz wrote: »
    Nothing dancey yet though really, unfortunately, but I'm sure it's on the way.
    RBMA was amazing, hope they pull it off again.

True, body and soul this year seem to have a great line up dance wise in comparison. I'm hoping the royksopp Robyn rumour comes good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Aye, i think it's a fantastic first announcement that ticks a lot of boxes.

Hopefully a few more quality electronic acts to come

Anyone catch Manu le tough last year on the Sunday night? Danced my friggen wellies off at him. Like to see him added again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Asked for St. Vincent and Slowdive on here, I'm obsessed with Portishead... very happy bunny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

lc180 wrote: »
    Quite happy with the line-up so far but jaysus christ I can't get this tune out of my f#ckin' head, I'm not even a Simple Minds fan!

Must dig out their Live in the City of Light album, they were epic live in their heyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Just downloaded spotify there to get used to some bands I'm not familiar with, oh my..in for a treat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

No-one I'd consider unmissable save for Slowdive but still a grand lineup. Need to check out more Outkast, loved Aquemini.
    It's seeing who'll populate the smaller tents that really excites me.

Saruwatari wrote: »
    No-one I'd consider unmissable save for Slowdive but still a grand lineup. Need to check out more Outkast, loved Aquemini.
    It's seeing who'll populate the smaller tents that really excites me.

"The world is full of noise yeah
    I hear it all the time"

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Of the lesser known acts, liking Flume, Temples & Sohn. Absolutely loving Kaytranada's remixes & DJ sets.
    From top to bottom very good line up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think I will check out Chic this time too, I forsook them for Madness in EP 2009, When I was working at Liss Ard Festival in 2012 Skibbereen, Cork I had to work the night Chic was playing as I wanted to be off the following night for Toots and the Maytals. Then they played a few nights at the Galway Arts festival which I missed too, so I'm going to give them some time this time, especially since I read the Nile Rodgers biography Le Freak, a mad interesting read.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

GenieOz wrote: »
    Just downloaded spotify there to get used to some bands I'm not familiar with, oh my..in for a treat :)
    http://open.spotify.com/user/garkelleher/playlist/0QNwZwJqLUMegUoqlitpbe

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

usually enjoy Picnic , but that lineup has no edge for me - like a mellow Coldplay tune - pleasant & nice - but I like spice

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Everythin coming up Milhouse

Jazzzman wrote: »
    Beck? 1997 called. It wants it's headline act back.

You've obviously never seen Futurama. ;)

thebaz wrote: »
    usually enjoy Picnic , but that lineup has no edge for me - like a mellow Coldplay tune - pleasant & nice - but I like spice

I think your problem might be the fact that you even consider Coldplay "pleasant & nice" vile & sh1te might be a more accurate description. In all serious though, watching Portishead live is worth the money alone. One of the greatest active live bands there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its only like the first announcement too, loads to be added. Someone mentioned earlier about Robert Plant last year been added as a late addition, it was the same in 2007 when EP announced Iggy Pop & the Stooges, was like a bolt out of the blue Yuuuuuuuusssss. Would be nice to see Iggy again actually.

Edit: Just found a news item from The Examiner April 3rd 2007 and the Stooges were confirmed then, maybe I just woke up out of a slumber and just realised that the Stooges were on the bill. :p

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Its only like the first announcement too, loads to be added. Someone mentioned earlier about Robert Plant last year be added as a late addition, it was the same in 2007 when EP announced Iggy Pop & the Stooges, was like a bolt out of the blue Yuuuuuuuusssss. Would be nice to see Iggy again actually.

Yeah, very true. All I need now is a rare Boards of Canada performance or a debut set from Burial and I'd consider pitching the tent this week.

Very happy with this Line-up, surprised but happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ConConKing

Overall very happy with the line up. Chic, outcast and flume and the pick of the bunch for me. I still hope that there'll be a very more top acts to be anouced. Regardless I'll be buying my ticket soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

I'd love to see an act like Frank Turner or Frightened Rabbit (who we're brilliant in the Olympia few months back) announced. Then an Explosions In The Sky or And So I Watch You From Afar type too. A guy can hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

nocoverart wrote: »
    Yeah, very true. All I need now is a rare Boards of Canada performance or a debut set from Burial and I'd consider pitching the tent this week.

Very happy with this Line-up, surprised but happy.

Please stop saying stuff like this you're getting my hopes up, Boards of Canada at the same concert as Portishead? I'd pay 200 for that alone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

i see Television & Neutral Milk Hotel are playing both Primavera's this year.

Wonder if there's any chance they'll still be in Europe in late August :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

I never realized how many people hated Coldplay and The Killers till I started following the EP threads on here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Please stop saying stuff like this you're getting my hopes up, Boards of Canada at the same concert as Portishead? I'd pay 200 for that alone!

Not a chance it would happen. They haven't performed anywhere since 2001. It's amazing how they can survive without gigging in the mp3 age. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Al70

Pet Shop Boys are confirmed for the Friday. Hopefully in the Electric Arena as their current show is laser heavy. Wonder if all stages are open on the Friday this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Great lineup, I'll definitely be getting tickets now. Then again I probably would have regardless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Of the lesser known acts, liking Flume, Temples & Sohn. Absolutely loving Kaytranada's remixes & DJ sets.
    From top to bottom very good line up.

i like Flume, Sohn and Kaytranada, so I'll have to check out Temples so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Was really hoping for Wild Beasts. They're playing the Olympia next week though, so hopefully they'll be added later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Festival republic must be getting hammered with requests or only have 1 person on the emails. Over a day now and no reply:(

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭paulie13

Al70 wrote: »
    Pet Shop Boys are confirmed for the Friday.

Where did you hear this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

nocoverart wrote: »
    Yeah, very true. All I need now is a rare Boards of Canada performance ....

Not at all likely though is it? .. Sure let's throw Jai Paul in there while we are at it. Now that would be something very interesting to see.

Apart from those you mentioned my dream "realistic" ones would be Prefuse 73 and Amon Tobin (although he's not touring this year it seems). I am amazed neither of these acts have ever played EP, they seem so perfect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement