Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Ernest Oreo

they'll prob add some ****e like Franz Ferdinand and/or Kaiser Chiefs yet, to fill a few saturday slots..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

they'll prob add some ****e like Franz Ferdinand and/or Kaiser Chiefs yet, to fill a few saturday slots..

Completely disagree with the Franz Ferdinand analogy, i actually thought they were brilliant last year at the Picnic, put on a great show, personally i thought they were better than the Artic Monkeys.

Although i do agree with you about Kaiser Chiefs, they are sh*te :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I thought Franz Ferdinand were excellent last year, people were singing their praises on the EP thread in this forum. As far as I know Kaiser Cheifs aren't active anymore? Could be wrong there.

Whats with the coldplay bashing? You may not like them but coldplay are quality musicians and a good live act, I've seen them twice. They wouldn't really fit in at EP though.

Delighted Flume is on the bill for this I've wanted to see him for ages. I'm waiting to buy until more acts are announced but id say ill be definitely be buying before the deadline for the loyalty tickets.

if Coldplay are added to the mix I'm in
    I suspect these were just unfounded rumours tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Chris Martin too busy 'mentoring' contestants on The Voice USA to be bothered about working out a summer schedule…..thank God!

• Advertisement

New album out in may. But theres no way they'll play EP. They could sell out pretty much any venue in Ireland so why would they play a medium sized festival.

I can guarantee Coldplay will not play the picnic.

Too big. Too expensive. Too sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Right, going to throw this out there! What are the chances of the Foo Fighters?? I would pay full price to see them alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

capacity increased by 5k to 40k this year (according to organiser Melvin Benn)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Completely disagree with the Franz Ferdinand analogy, i actually thought they were brilliant last year at the Picnic, put on a great show, personally i thought they were better than the Artic Monkeys.

Although i do agree with you about Kaiser Chiefs, they are sh*te :D

Yea same , well im a fan anyways of FF but they were def better than AM last year imo

• Advertisement

If that's true, I'd expect another headliner.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Right, going to throw this out there! What are the chances of the Foo Fighters?? I would pay full price to see them alone.

Id say about 0 chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Not loving the increased capacity news. Ah well! Guess they making the campsites bigger cos there wasn't alot of free space last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nanoro

Don't think the capacity is changing this year. From the Irish Times article about EP2014, published yesterday:
    Electric Picnic promoter Melvin Benn said the festival capacity may rise to 40,000 in future if demand warrants it.
    This capacity for this year’s festival remains at 35,000 despite last year’s festival being a sell-out and ending a run of a couple of years when the recession took its toll on numbers. In 2012 just 22,000 turned up.

Not loving the increased capacity news. Ah well! Guess they making the campsites bigger cos there wasn't alot of free space last year.

Its irrelevant really. In that kind of environment you're not going to notice a difference between 35k and 40k people.

Beans_On wrote: »
    capacity increased by 5k to 40k this year (according to organiser Melvin Benn)

Where did you hear this?

The Black Keys are touring Europe this summer. Id love to see them added to the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Want to know exactly what a hipster is? Check out this via the daly edge! Very funny & accurate!

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/reactions-to-electric-picnic-lineup-1369806-Mar2014/?utm_source=twitter_self

Not that accurate regarding hipsters. You can't really change the definition of hipster just to increase the catchment of people you don't like.

If a friend bought tickets previously but aren't going this year, can they give me their email proof to get the discount and let me use it? Don't think they got the discount code cos they didn't go last year.
    Not complicated at all.

Black Keys for Sunday could be a good shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Raging with that line-up, cos i didn't want to go this year!
    It's worth the €155 based on the initial announcement alone.
    Now if they could just sort out the bars, and the jacks we'd be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

So i presume if the capacity and pricing is staying the same then its going to be a scaled back friday again?

Didnt bother me last year because there were so few acts i wanted to see so no clashes over the weekend but this year....

Would be nice to see the whole thing back open.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

sadie06 wrote: »
    Where did you hear this?

Ken sweeny linked to this on twitter

www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/showbiz/5518939/Musos-to-go-Nutini-for-Picnic-gig-line-up.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Black Keys for Sunday could be a good shout

Dont think they are around Europe in Sept? I know they are doing Werchter and Lattitude

what about Villagers?

Beans_On wrote: »

Thanks for the link. That's a fairly underhand way to go about putting that information out there. No mention of it at the launch? Sneaky.

I'm going to try to find out if they have increased the family tickets proportionally, as it felt less family orientated even last year, but an increase of 5,000 with no family tickets factored in would change the atmosphere I think.

what about Villagers?

They would be brilliant and also O Emperor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

MadYaker wrote: »
    Its irrelevant really. In that kind of environment you're not going to notice a difference between 35k and 40k people.

I dunno, last year in Oscar Wilde alone the increased numbers made a HUGE difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

30 pack should do it!

Ah jaysus lads coming home a month early from my Aussie year to go to this thing... Can't wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

well they can't make the Oscar Wilde any bigger, only thing really is to extend the Joplin campsite, maybe by moving the campervan site elsewhere.
    MadYaker wrote: »

a 14% increase when it was already way too packed last year? you would definitely notice it. even just selling out last year was noticeably busier than previous years with long lines for food and toilets in the campsites.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement