Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really looking forward to The Pet Shop Boys, St Vincent, Portishead and Slowdive. Expecting a Panti cameo at Pet Shop boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Does the order of the headliners on the poster mean anything? Like Portishead Friday, Outkast Saturday, Beck Sunday. That's how it was last year anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Couldn't see Beck headlining. He's been away for far too long, his profile is way down and his recent stuff hasn't set the world on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭paulbok

Mr.S wrote: »
    Walk to the village for that! Much much quicker! Or some of the stalls do cash back.

Or walk to the village to use the bathroom, or go behind a stall.

All services needed for the weekend should be available in the park. The money in the shop atm(s) won't last long if a hundred people rock up each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭hugeglobe

Can someone tell me the big acts that were announced after the first lineup last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Couldn't see Beck headlining. He's been away for far too long, his profile is way down and his recent stuff hasn't set the world on fire.

Outkast have been away longer,Portishead no gig here for 17 years. Interesting enough fact Beck bigger than others on fb likes anyway.

hugeglobe wrote: »
    Can someone tell me the big acts that were announced after the first lineup last year?

"Robert Plant & The Sensational Space Shifters, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Ellie Goulding, Little Green Cars, John Grant, Miles Kane, Crystal Fighters and so much more"

This announcement wasn't until the 21st of May btw..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

His new album is one of his finest.

I agree that he mightn't be a headliner though, although anywhere on the bill he's always worth seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Agreed. Beck's new album is great. I don't know if he'll be headlining, but I think he'll be worth seeing.

Oukast haven't been on stage together in far longer. They also barely gigged at all when they were together anyway.

Oukast haven't been on stage together in far longer. They also barely gigged at all when they were together anyway.

They'll be at the tail end of their 40 shows so should have it well rehearsed by the time EP rolls around!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Found it much easier to just bring all my money with me rather than rely on the ATM. Sure there's a slight chance of losing it and/or being robbed but it sure beats waiting on a queue for an hour!

One of the ATMs last year only gave out 20s at a time, so you had to cancel the transaction and go again with your pin etc 5 times for a 100, shocking old machine.

The added security needed for more ATMs could be solved by having them all in one single line hut, people go in one end and come out the other with their money, could have up to 10atms, two security max needed to keep an eye on things. Then again I'm not an event organiser so I'm sure there is some reason this isn't done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Money, it's always down to money. I assume it costs alot to "rent" one of these, so yeah, they're not gonna spend more on another few mobile ATMs when they won't even splash out on a few extra bloody port-a-loos!

Personally I've never had an issue with the ATMs. Surely you can risk bringing say €200 cash on you, and you really should not be spending more than that over a 3 day event where alot of the drinking can be done in the campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Considering I'm drunk/high for 90% of the weekend there's no way id be carrying loads of cash on me. I just went to town for the ATMs last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

deeks wrote: »
    And of course Elbow :)
    I told my Dad I was going to see Elbow in Dublin a while back. He said he much prefered 'Knee.'

He thought he was hilarious. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,617 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Not a great line up imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Wild Beasts or a Villagers addition would be amazing.

See Black Keys mentioned a bit back, surely they would be up near headline material? Would be great to see them either way.

Neutral Milk are here in May (Yaaaay :D) and are doing a world tour so can't see them coming back.

In terms of getting one more big name I'd love to see someone like Yo La Tengo or Flaming Lips added. As I said, a man can dream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Wild Beasts or a Villagers addition would be amazing.

See Black Keys mentioned a bit back, surely they would be up near headline material? Would be great to see them either way.

Neutral Milk are here in May (Yaaaay :D) and are doing a world tour so can't see them coming back.

In terms of getting one more big name I'd love to see someone like Yo La Tengo or Flaming Lips added. As I said, a man can dream!
    Yeah, I was just thinking today that Wild Beasts would be a great addition. Saw Yo La Tengo at Forbidden Fruits a few years ago, they were amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ITGirl33

This may have already been asked - how long does it take for festival republic to get back to you when you email them proof that you've been to more than 1 EP? I'm patiently waiting for my discount code :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

ITGirl33 wrote: »
    This may have already been asked - how long does it take for festival republic to get back to you when you email them proof that you've been to more than 1 EP? I'm patiently waiting for my discount code :)

My mate rang ticket master with his "proof", they gave him the code there and then over the phone, wouldn't be waiting around for the mail reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Fatfrog wrote: »
    My mate rang ticket master with his "proof", they gave him the code there and then over the phone, wouldn't be waiting around for the mail reply!

Yeah but will that work if you want to pay in installments? Actually has anyone been refused the code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

ITGirl33 wrote: »
    I mailed them with my proof on Tues at 9.00 pm and they replied with my code on Wed at 11.30am. Very impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭paulbok

Money, it's always down to money. I assume it costs alot to "rent" one of these, so yeah, they're not gonna spend more on another few mobile ATMs when they won't even splash out on a few extra bloody port-a-loos!

Personally I've never had an issue with the ATMs. Surely you can risk bringing say €200 cash on you, and you really should not be spending more than that over a 3 day event where alot of the drinking can be done in the campsite.

It's in their interest to have punters with money to spend.

I'll be working around this anyway this year, but they should provide more atms on site.
    Even if people go up to the town, they are more likely to spend there instead of in the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

How far is a walk to the village from EP? Any time I've been I've never really needed to go. Not sure you'd actually save that much time by walking in..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

about 10mins walk from the EP gates. many a Sunday morning i've gone down for a breakfast/pint/proper toilet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dickfloppy

about 10 mins . grand for getting cans , fags , money

It's not that far but it's a long straight which makes it seem much worse than it actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Eod100 wrote: »
    How far is a walk to the village from EP? Any time I've been I've never really needed to go. Not sure you'd actually save that much time by walking in..

It's prob a 20min? walk (mind you that's with cans in hand!) but that was still faster than the 2hr bank Que.!
    The town was wedged last year on the Sun, Dub Gaa was on! Also a serious amount of ppl looking for wrist bands "Have you left, can I have your wristband"

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭hugeglobe

Cut copy, now there's a group that could fill the electronic void.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    It's prob a 20min? walk (mind you that's with cans in hand!) but that was still faster than the 2hr bank Que.!
    The town was wedged last year on the Sun, Dub Gaa was on! Also a serious amount of ppl looking for wrist bands "Have you left, can I have your wristband"

I had some lad offer to buy my wristband off me for a 100 when I was heading back in at around half eleven Sunday night after collecting a few cans from the car for a last session...I don't know what he would have achieved.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    20 mins or so, its nice to get out in the mornings!

Can be very refreshing to leave the picnic vibe actually, gives you a nice boost to keep going!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement