Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

how strict are they on the discounts? if i sent a picture of my mates wristbands would they send a code back to me? chance my his arm, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

D.Q wrote: »
    how strict are they on the discounts? if i sent a picture of my mates wristbands would they send a code back to me? chance my his arm, so to speak.

Last year they were laughably lenient. Someone posted a pic of a wristband on here and rakes of people sent it off and got the 3 year + discount code.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Can't find my wristband or ticket from last year and don't have any photos that I know of...also I bought the ticket off a punter so am I screwed with regards to getting the discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭pale blue dot cotton

Can some help an elderly out, I'm trying to buy a ticket but on ticketmaster it's only discounted tickets and family tickets. I am neither. Where will they take my money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Can some help an elderly out, I'm trying to buy a ticket but on ticketmaster it's only discounted tickets and family tickets. I am neither. Where will they take my money?

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/electric-picnic-2014-co-laois/event/18004C31ABBE5D48?artistid=30690&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Select the early bird presale. Should sort you out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Plaid are releasing a new album next month, prolly gonna go on tour and would be class to see them at EP. Put on a deadly show at Castlepalooza whatever year that was and would help beef up the IDM part of the festival.

Cut Copy would also do nicely, as someone else mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Don't say I never gave yiz anything, filthy animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

My mate picked up my ticket along with 3 others in ticketmaster this morning. No proof needed and all bought for 160e each.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

Don't say I never gave yiz anything, filthy animals.

May god bless your kind kind soul, I will see you there in August and buy you a pint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

I wonder how many times EP will receive that image as 'proof' :p

edit: nevermind, tried to email and their inbox is full!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I went and found the picture from last year and used that! Got a code back a few days later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'd say you could send them a picture of 3 Capri Suns that you brought to 3 EPs and they'd still send you on a code tbh! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Do people actually think that this is an earnest move to reward loyal patrons and loyal patrons only? Ticketmaster don't give a **** once they get their booking fee, and it's just a marketing stunt on EP's side to shift a good volume of tickets early on and generate a buzz that'll ultimately sell out the festival. Send them a picture of your dick and you'll probably get a ticket for €160.

got an email back saying it was undeliverable, their email is full....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Jaysus how many emails are they getting? Gmail has something like 15gb of space, I've about 4,000 emails and only used up 2%..

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Eod100 wrote: »
    Jaysus how many emails are they getting? Gmail has something like 15gb of space, I've about 4,000 emails and only used up 2%..

Doesn't look like they're using Google Mail Servers - hopefully it's something with a lot less capacity (also they're getting a lot of pictures...)

Pref Hostname IP Address TTL
    10 mail.electricpicnic.ie 82.195.131.218 10 min
    100 mxbackup.gradwell.com 193.111.201.135

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭endainoz

Doesn't look like they're using Google Mail Servers - hopefully it's something with a lot less capacity (also they're getting a lot of pictures...)

Pref Hostname IP Address TTL
    10 mail.electricpicnic.ie 82.195.131.218 10 min
    100 mxbackup.gradwell.com 193.111.201.135
    Very true and probably full of high quality photos that are taking up huge space, most smartphones are set like that by default, scaled down the pics I sent today so hopefully will work out. Even though I got the discount last year without even asking, weird same thing didn't happen again this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Mine seems to have sent grand, what e-mail address did you lads send it to?

picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com, what one did you send to?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Do all the rave in the woods acts get announced separately by red bull or could they be included in ep's announcements? Reason I ask is I am listening to bicep right now, bopping away and they certainly seem appropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

cian68 wrote: »
    Do all the rave in the woods acts get announced separately by red bull or could they be included in ep's announcements? Reason I ask is I am listening to bicep right now, bopping away and they certainly seem appropriate.

Yep! Possibly for the Little Big Tent or the Rave in the Woods, he played Life festival I think in 2012.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

picnicoffer bounced for me as well.

it's ridiculous they're running their system through email. should have coded a quick script where you enter your email and 3 pics. they could have hashed each image as well to make sure people weren't using same images.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Campervan tickets still going? Website says down for maintenance at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

lbj666 wrote: »
    Campervan tickets still going? Website says down for maintenance at the moment

All sold out afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

got an email back saying it was undeliverable, their email is full....

Same here. This is very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

I know there is very little chance but Kate Bush is touring around the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

cian68 wrote: »
    announced separately last year anyway from what i remember.

is there any sort of alternative email I wonder? or phone number. Take my money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

GenieOz wrote: »
    All sold out afaik

They're some still on sale on the ticketmaster site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

is there any sort of alternative email I wonder? or phone number. Take my money!!

I sent mine (both years) to info@electricpicnic.ie and they came back to me within the next day or two

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement