Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Started listening to acts I wasn't too familiar with yesterday.

Tried some Bicep, Temples, then I stuck on Chromeo's Business Casual album and it hasn't come off :)

Definitely be having some of that at picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

For those having trouble getting in touch with festival republic, try emailing ticketmaster instead. You have to go to their faq and search for your specific query. When no results come up, they will give you the option to email them. I did that because I wasn't getting anywhere with the festival republic email address and they replied within an hour.

You can also just phone them or drop into a kiosk as well, from what other people are saying.

I feel bad for them in case they get swamped with emails now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Oh dear just heard on the radio that the Kaiser Chiefs have a new album out. Please say they won't be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Oh dear just heard on the radio that the Kaiser Chiefs have a new album out. Please say they won't be there?

They'll more likely show up at Indiependence or Sea Sessions, what if they go to EP though, just go to another stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

They'll more likely show up at Indiependence or Sea Sessions, what if they go to EP though, just go to another stage.

I know I can go to another stage but already avoiding the Pet Shop Boys. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I know I can go to another stage but already avoiding the Pet Shop Boys. :P

I stumbled onto Pet Shop Boys at Sonar years and years ago and they put on a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

D.Q wrote: »
    picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com, what one did you send to?

Same one! Still no reply though. I'm surprised it went through regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Kaiser Chiefs are playing a little festival in Waterford around the start of July so hopefully that'll be their only Irish gig of the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/mar/21/kate-bush-announces-first-series-of-shows-since-1979

I don't want to get my hopes up, but that would be amazing....

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭corm500

La_Gordy wrote: »

She could probably do a week at the 02. I doubt she would play a festival the size of EP. Glastonbury maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Foster The People just released their new album. Think they'd be pretty perfect for EP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I know there is very little chance but Kate Bush is touring around the same time
    I too got very excited when I saw that she was playing live again, but then I saw that she's only doing a big run in one venue :(

MGMTea wrote: »
    Foster The People just released their new album. Think they'd be pretty perfect for EP
    I remember seeing their tent in the far distance at the 2011 Picnic. That's as close as you could get to it! EP booked the biggest act that Summer and didn't know it at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

AdMMM wrote: »
    I too got very excited when I saw that she was playing live again, but then I saw that she's only doing a big run in one venue :(

Hopefully just a tester to see if she's able to manage it, she's legendary for her stage fright, cannot see her doing festivals where they cannot control the environment but might mean being able to see her doing a proper tour if it goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Between real estate, tuneyards, wild beasts, foster the people and/or future islands there's a ton of great 'picnicy' acts with new albums that could stand to be added to that lineup!

I'm not that fussed on the dance/electro side, so any one or two of those would be perfect additions for me!

And as said, a lovely mogwai, eits, HEALTH, ASIWYFA band, and I'll be there tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

corm500 wrote: »
    She could probably do a week at the 02. I doubt she would play a festival the size of EP. Glastonbury maybe

I'd settle for a week in the Point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Emails appear to be delivering again to the picnicoffer email

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PBB

Declaring some early guesses based in equal parts on releases, tour dates and wishful thinking..

Manchester Orchestra - New album out next month, Big gap in schedule Aug/Sep
    tuneyards - would fit the late slot on Friday/Saturday and playing london Sep 3rd
    Frank Turner - never stops gigging and a great fit for the festival

Looking forward to seeing some more Irish bands in there - albums coming out from Riptide Movement, Hudson Taylor, The Raglans who've all made regular visits...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

PBB wrote: »
    Declaring some early guesses based in equal parts on releases, tour dates and wishful thinking..

Manchester Orchestra - New album out next month, Big gap in schedule Aug/Sep
    tuneyards - would fit the late slot on Friday/Saturday and playing london Sep 3rd
    Frank Turner - never stops gigging and a great fit for the festival

Looking forward to seeing some more Irish bands in there - albums coming out from Riptide Movement, Hudson Taylor, The Raglans who've all made regular visits...

Funny you say that.....when I initially seen this in my FB feed I thought the festivals were within a few days of each other, but they're the opposite ends of the month. Possibility though.

299551.jpg

Everyone still waiting on codes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

I just sent an email to ticketmaster when I got the inbox was full reply from festival republic.

Ticketmaster sent me the code within the hour so happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

killer91 wrote: »
    I just sent an email to ticketmaster when I got the inbox was full reply from festival republic.

Ticketmaster sent me the code within the hour so happy days.

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

It was worth a try :D

qHzIa5D.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It was worth a try :D

qHzIa5D.png

Ah feck, they're on to us! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Hopefully le Galaxie and Mount Kimbie will be back. Epic Sunday night in Body&soul arena last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Never seen anyone refused the loyalty :eek:
    Well that's worrying..god forbid I pay an extra 20 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Which ticketmaster e-mail address did everyone get the quick response from?

GenieOz wrote: »
    Never seen anyone refused the loyalty :eek:
    Well that's worrying..god forbid I pay an extra 20 :P
    To be fair, I'd say they lost six-figures by being liberal with the discount codes last year, and after selling out, was going to be the first area they tightened up this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ha! Delighted I didn't post a pic of my wristband here or id be fecked. That code is mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

MadYaker wrote: »
    Ha! Delighted I didn't post a pic of my wristband here or id be fecked. That code is mine.

Well you could use your code and then post the pic up?! They're hardly going to cancel your order :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement