Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Tent, sleeping bags, trolley and random camping bits bought today. I may be a bit over excited, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Wonder will BP Fallon get the much coveted 3am slot on the Salty Dog again?!

Last year I couldn't keep my eyes open past 2 AM let alone do anything at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

maldron portlaoise booked, triple room only €627 for the weekend. cheap enough i thought, if you split it by 3. fawk, september can't come soon enough!

maldron portlaoise booked, triple room only €627 for the weekend. cheap enough i thought, if you split it by 3. fawk, september can't come soon enough!

Why wouldn't you camp :eek:

Still, shocking excitement starting already. Getting my ticket tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i'll have a cheap tent as well to store alcohol and crash if i have to. works a treat man. let's see what you think of a hotel 8am sunday morning when the sun wakes ya up! i am cheating a bit though.

• Advertisement

i'll have a cheap tent as well to store alcohol and crash if i have to. works a treat man. let's see what you think of a hotel 8am sunday morning when the sun wakes ya up! i am cheating a bit though.

Granted last Sunday morning I would have killed for a nice bed and a shower but still..all in the name of a festival suffering through :) have vowed to get up early for a shower without insane queues this time though!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

GenieOz wrote: »
    Granted last Sunday morning I would have killed for a nice bed and a shower but still..all in the name of a festival suffering through :) have vowed to get up early for a shower without insane queues this time though!

What time do you consider early to beat the queues? Keep meaning to try this every year, but I can't seem to get myself out of the tent in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

That isn't going to a festival!! :) what ever makes you comfortable though! My cousin went last year, as a high maintenance girl she just had the worst time camping. But for me personally the camp site can be some of the best times, having the craic and talking complete ****e to randomers!

€627, over €210 each, expensive + add in taxis there and back + I assume you can't take any cans with you at all, so add the cost of solely buying booze there. You'll need to carry a bag all day with extra clothes for night/ incase of rain.
    Would you not consider some of the more elaborate camp options? Some even have beds. You'd get a good deal I'm sure for €210-€240 each?. It would give you a base to go back to for clothes and can'ege.

sdgbt wrote: »
    What time do you consider early to beat the queues? Keep meaning to try this every year, but I can't seem to get myself out of the tent in the mornings.

Not sure but probably a half hour before they even open! Think they open at 7 or 8? Shower and back to the bed.

Got an email back there off the picnic offer, 'picture already used'..bahhhh

Mr.S wrote: »
    Go on a friends facebook and get 3 pictures from something that is clearly EP but you can't really tell the years ;)

I just paid the extra 20 instead, I couldn't wait :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Not sure but probably a half hour before they even open! Think they open at 7 or 8? Shower and back to the bed.

I rocked up to the showers at about half 8 or 9 on the Sunday last year, no queue, walked straight in and had a lovely shower. Really sets you up for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

I think you're absolutely nuts paying that kind of money. You're talking about the guts of €700 when you factor in taxis, etc. And that's not including your ticket. That's the most money I've ever heard being spent on a festival before a drink was bought. I spent a week in the south of France for less money than that last summer. Seriously.

Saying that, nothing beats arriving home to a comfortable bed in the early hours of the morning. I've camped at festivals up and down the country for years. I even done it at the first few Picnics even though I only live 10 minutes away. But I stopped doing it a few years ago and I haven't looked back since. Camping is great craic, but every year I walk out of the 'rave in the woods' at 5am. I tell my camping friends that they're welcome to come back to mine for a fresh bed, a shower, and a fry-up in the morning. Not one of them has ever refused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

ThirdMan wrote: »
    I think you're absolutely nuts paying that kind of money. You're talking about the guts of €700 when you factor in taxis, etc. And that's not including your ticket. That's the most money I've ever heard being spent on a festival before a drink was bought. I spent a week the in south of France for less money than that last summer. Seriously.

Saying that, nothing beats arriving home to a comfortable bed in the early hours of the morning. I've camped at festivals up and down the country for years. I even done it at the first few Picnics even though I only live 10 minutes away. But I stopped doing it a few years ago and I haven't looked back since. Camping is great craic, but every year I walk out of the 'rave in the woods' at 5am. I tell my camping friends that they're welcome to come back to mine for a fresh bed, a shower, and a fry-up in the morning. Not one of them has ever refused.

Thirdmans for the after party then. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Why not try the boutique camping?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

ThirdMan wrote: »
    I think you're absolutely nuts paying that kind of money. You're talking about the guts of €700 when you factor in taxis, etc. And that's not including your ticket. That's the most money I've ever heard being spent on a festival before a drink was bought. I spent a week in the south of France for less money than that last summer. Seriously.

Can I be your friend?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Got an email back there off the picnic offer, 'picture already used'..bahhhh

I go very late at night! They are still open & no-one using them. This is in Pink Moon camping, mind.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

endainoz wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can only use the code once, regardless of if you buy one or two tickets

I used my code for 1 ticket and was able to let me friend use it again, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

mgkelly wrote: »
    I go very late at night! They are still open & no-one using them. This is in Pink Moon camping, mind.

What's the pink moon camping like? We are thinking of doing it this year

mgkelly wrote: »

Ah stop with your posh camping :p nah never had the privilege, not sure what time they stay open till.

The idea of going in the afternoon is great though

Thirdman, I think everyone wants to be your friend btw ;)

YES!!!!! :) found it! I remember seeing this interview as a young fella and just thought he was the coolest-weirdest mofo ever.

http://youtu.be/zdzY49xlvdY

"Surfing on some oil spillage"

• Advertisement

Wonder what the chances are of Watsky being booked for this..perfect act for EP I think. That would make my weekend!

Pappa Dolla around this time last year!!

BOOM!

Now...

Lotto...

:D

Not sure but probably a half hour before they even open! Think they open at 7 or 8?

:eek: I'm not even going to fool myself! Sounds like a good plan if you can though...

I have it in my head that the next announcement is usually at the end of april... am I getting that wrong or does anyone have any idea of when it will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

sdgbt wrote: »
    :eek: I'm not even going to fool myself! Sounds like a good plan if you can though...

I have it in my head that the next announcement is usually at the end of april... am I getting that wrong or does anyone have any idea of when it will be?

I'd say there'll be one around the time the loyalty scheme finishes to try and convince those who missed out to come anyway. I can't remember what dates the announcements fell on last year though.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    YES!!!!! :) found it! I remember seeing this interview as a young fella and just thought he was the coolest-weirdest mofo ever.

http://youtu.be/zdzY49xlvdY

"Surfing on some oil spillage"

"smash... smashing..."

*throws shoe*

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

last year the first announcement was on April 25th.
    next announcement was on May 21st (Robert Plant, Ellie Goulding, Little Green Cars, BRMC, Factory Floor and others).
    loyalty ticket offer ran out on May 27th.
    next one was July 22nd (Giorgio Moroder, Two Door Cinema Club, Duckworth Lewis Method, Billy Bragg, Kodaline, Cyril Hahn and others)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Mr.S wrote: »
    I've had some of my best sleeps camping at festivals! There's something really cosy about being surrounded by all your cans and dirty clothes in a sweaty sleeping bag and hearing everyone around you doing absolutely everything (big shout out to the people who whisper thinking no one can hear them!).

I never slept well at the picnic until I brought a massive duvet down last year. Slept like a baby! Pink moon is too feckin pricey so it's in with the riff raff again this year.:D

I'd say there'll be one around the time the loyalty scheme finishes to try and convince those who missed out to come anyway. I can't remember what dates the announcements fell on last year though.
    last year the first announcement was on April 25th.
    next announcement was on May 21st (Robert Plant, Ellie Goulding, Little Green Cars, BRMC, Factory Floor and others).
    loyalty ticket offer ran out on May 27th.
    next one was July 22nd (Giorgio Moroder, Two Door Cinema Club, Duckworth Lewis Method, Billy Bragg, Kodaline, Cyril Hahn and others)

Thanks! Shouldn't be too long to go before the next one so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

key to a good camping experience is a big tent IMO.

would never go less than a 3-man if on my own. currently have a 4-man just for myself. thankfully the gf doesn't go to festivals otherwise i'd have to buy a bigger one!
    double airbed and a decent sleeping bag and it's grand.

some friends go in a 2-man with their bags/drink squashed in beside them, i couldn't be dealing with that anymore :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement