Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

key to a good camping experience is a big tent IMO.

Disagree tbh, its more attractive to the thieves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Disagree tbh, its more attractive to the thieves.

Not too big obviously! I've found that smaller tents are gravitated to more as it's easy to know there's no one in them. 4 man tent is perfect for 2. Always double up on it

I always pick a large group to camp beside, introduce yourself and they'll more than likely watch out for any scummers.

Nobody is 100% safe I suppose.

I always pick a large group to camp beside, introduce yourself and they'll more than likely watch out for any scummers.

Nobody is 100% safe I suppose.

Ah yes well every time I've gone it's been with a group and we then make friends with everyone around us. Last year was the best though, nice spot in the middle with a table and chairs littered and 12 tents around it in a circle, packed so tight there was only one way in or out..not a single thing robbed :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea agree about going big tents . Usually when i went a friend we would always get a 4 man .Last year at EP we had a 6 man 2 part type of tent and was perfect . Prob gonna need a new one though since one side was basically falling apart. Think if there is a few of us going we might get a 3 room tent or something so then we have a decent enough sized living room area ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Yeah we got lucky enough last year in that we managed to sandwich our little tent in amongst a few big tents full of what turned out to be lovely people so we all looked out for one another. Hoping something similar happens this year, unless we end up going with a big group in which case we'll be fine! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gary_is_hip

What address exactly do we email proof of being there last year?

What address exactly do we email proof of being there last year?

Picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Big tents take ages to put up. I have a 2 man pop up tent. Takes about 30 seconds.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Big tents take ages to put up. I have a 2 man pop up tent. Takes about 30 seconds.

Ten minutes for anything up to a 6 man tent with 2 people if you've done it a few times before, plus the added time is wellllll worth it for the extra space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Just got my discounted tickets for the picnic-can not wait!

Would love if any of the following got announced:

Janelle Monae
    Editors
    The Cast of Cheers
    Jimmy Eat World (think they would go down well enough since i know they are not a "EP" type band)
    Foster The People
    Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls
    Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip
    Basement Jaxx
    Vampire Weekend
    Imagine Dragons (Another non "EP" band but still think they would go down well)
    Cage The Elephant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Janelle Monae
    Editors
    The Cast of Cheers
    Jimmy Eat World (think they would go down well enough since i know they are not a "EP" type band)
    Foster The People
    Basement Jaxx
    Vampire Weekend

Yes please to the bolded. Imagine Dragons would make me not go

Yes please to the bolded. Imagine Dragons would make me not go

Why would 1 band make you not wanna go ?

Why would 1 band make you not wanna go ?

They're actually that ****e that they'd contaminate the entire Picnic and drag other overall festival experience down a number of notches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

For me perfect line up! it's what I'd call a proper EP line up, but it's not adding up!

Stick with here, for years we've had the classic EP controlled by Reynolds but not making a whole pile of cash. Enter Benn change the festival direction Killers, Arctic monkeys etc. in order to increase profits (I'm assuming a large profit made last year)

Line up so far looks to be a revert back to the old festival but they need that Sunday ticket cash cow, I don't think Outlast-Beck-Foals will have the day ticket appeal like AM had last year?

My theory is we'll see a big main stream/non EP addition for Sunday when loyalty tickets end. I think we're more likely to have 5k extra capacity in the Sunday day tickets rather than full weekend.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    For me perfect line up! it's what I'd call a proper EP line up, but it's not adding up!

Stick with here, for years we've had the classic EP controlled by Reynolds but not making a whole pile of cash. Enter Benn change the festival direction Killers, Arctic monkeys etc. in order to increase profits (I'm assuming a large profit made last year)

Line up so far looks to be a revert back to the old festival but they need that Sunday ticket cash cow, I don't think Outlast-Beck-Foals will have the day ticket appeal like AM had last year?

My theory is we'll see a big main stream/non EP addition for Sunday when loyalty tickets end. I think we're more likely to have 5k extra capacity in the Sunday day tickets rather than full weekend.

Yeah, i'd agree with all of that. If you're not tempted to go for the 3 days by that line up there's no headliner in there that's gonna tempt you to get a Sunday ticket i reckon.

I suppose surrendering the last 2 slots on a Sunday night is not too much to ask if the rest of the festival is quality, just hope the they don't panic and book someone horrendous if ticket sales are a bit slow initially.

Who's touring that might be an option do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Janelle Monae
    Editors
    The Cast of Cheers
    Foster The People
    Basement Jaxx
    Vampire Weekend
    You're just gonna have to accept that Oxegen's gone, man.

Anyone know if Suede are free that wkend? Would be a great addition, possibly not as a Sunday ticket seller but they'd be a great addition to the festival as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I hope the next acts are more in the vein of what's been announced so far than what was announced last year. Vampire Weekend or Basement Jaxx would be great, Imagine Dragons, Editors and Jimmy Eat World: no thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think Imagine Dragons would be ok, I wouldn't be too pushed about seeing them though. There are a lot of hipsters posting in this thread who don't want to see anything "mainstream" and thats fine but Suede are tragic to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Jimmy Eat World are a great live band and would fit the picnic perfectly.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I think Imagine Dragons would be ok, I wouldn't be too pushed about seeing them though. There are a lot of hipsters posting in this thread who don't want to see anything "mainstream" and thats fine but Suede are tragic to be fair.

Lots of great material on the first 2 Suede albums. And Imagine Dragons are dirt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Hoping for Future Islands to be added...slim chance or none?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Love if Cage The Elephant and Gaslight Anthem were added although not sure how well GA would go down but I love them.

Imagine Dragons

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭paulbok

Anyone know if Suede are free that wkend? Would be a great addition, possibly not as a Sunday ticket seller but they'd be a great addition to the festival as a whole.
    They are on the festival circuit in the summer so could be a contender to be added. Their site only shows dates up to early Aug. at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Duff wrote: »
    Love if Cage The Elephant and Gaslight Anthem were added although not sure how well GA would go down but I love them.
    Xenji wrote: »
    Jimmy Eat World are a great live band and would fit the picnic perfectly.
    I'd love to see The Gaslight Anthem and Jimmy Eat World at EP. they've often been at Reading/Leeds the week before but not at EP.

I'm always surprised that EP don't get more "rock" oriented bands from R&L that would perhaps bring in people who wouldn't go to EP otherwise.

from the last 2 years, there's acts like Deftones, Brand New, Twin Atlantic, Eagles of Death Metal, Enter Shikari, At The Drive-In, Social Distortion and Gallows who could have played the tent stages over the weekend and not change much of the "dynamic" or atmosphere of EP in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The Fall...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

from the last 2 years, there's acts like Deftones, Brand New, Twin Atlantic, Eagles of Death Metal, Enter Shikari, At The Drive-In, Social Distortion and Gallows who could have played the tent stages over the weekend and not change much of the "dynamic" or atmosphere of EP in my opinion.

It's a shame that metal never creeps in either :) (or maybe it has over the years and I've missed it?). Love the way at something like Primavera you get such a mix of genres. I know tastes are subjective, but I always feel Primavera just picks the great acts, regardless of genre. So you can watch Neurosis and then head and catch the Knife. An ATP stage at Electric Picnic would be the job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement