Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Someone said before that Boards of Canada haven't toured since 2001 so I would be utterly shocked (and delighted) if they were added.

I think the last gig they played was at ATP in 2001 and they only played about 10 gigs before that, would be a great selling point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Crosses would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭endainoz

Got a reply from festival republic about the loyalty code, had sent three photos to them, one was a wristband from 2010, another was a program from 2012 and a hoodie from 2013, got an e-mail back saying they needed photos of me from the picnic as well. These codes aren't as easy to get as they were last year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

endainoz wrote: »
    Got a reply from festival republic about the loyalty code, had sent three photos to them, one was a wristband from 2010, another was a program from 2012 and a hoodie from 2013, got an e-mail back saying they needed photos of me from the picnic as well. These codes aren't as easy to get as they were last year!!

Email ticketmaster instead. I got one by sending on a picture of an arm (not mine) with three wristbands on it. Couldn't be arsed looking for wristbands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

endainoz wrote: »

When they first announced the loyalty tickets last year I think they had fairly specific requirements, one being "a photo of you at the festival" TM likely overwhelmed and basically gave everyone that enquired a code. It's a bit pointless having a scheme thats so labour intensive and so easy to cheat!

Any idea how many loyalty tickets there was last year, surely no's are capped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Surely you could just use a picture of any random person at the Picnic and claim it's you? Sure how would they know any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Got hold of a few things from previous picnics a mate had and sent off the pick-think they just sent back a generic code that can be used by anyone-looks very generic anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Has anyone stayed in pink moon camping? If so, is it much quieter than the main campsites?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So essentially, problems getting codes with the FR email but Ticketmaster are handing them out no problem??

Anyone got the ticketmaster email address to send to?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Mince Pie wrote: »
    So essentially, problems getting codes with the FR email but Ticketmaster are handing them out no problem??

Anyone got the ticketmaster email address to send to?

Just go to their FAQ and put in something that it won't find (blahblahblah for example), and a "contact us" form will pop up.

• Advertisement

Just go to their FAQ and put in something that it won't find (blahblahblah for example), and a "contact us" form will pop up.

Can you attach pictures to that though? Or just send the request with no evidence? Sorry, I'm easily confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Can you attach pictures to that though? Or just send the request with no evidence? Sorry, I'm easily confused.

Yeah you can attach pics. I e-mailed them Friday and they haven't gotten back to me though so I dunno they might be copping on.

Yeah you can attach pics. I e-mailed them Friday and they haven't gotten back to me though so I dunno they might be copping on.

ah righto, well it would only allow me to attach two pictures. Will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

I sent off my email Friday and got it back Saturday-less than a day later

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Ya I also tried that 3 wristbands pic and no luck. Don't really mind since I'm thinking of doing the Tour De Picnic. I'll probably opt for the run since that's more my thing. Anyone here do it or have any tips from their experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

jays' some amount of knicker twisting in here over other peoples musical tastes, couldnt really give a ****e what other people want to see, there'll be plenty for everyone to have a great weekend :)
    so who am i to email for the codes as i've heard nothing back from EP either, ticketmaster? i just sent a photo of 3 wristbands?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Catmologen wrote: »
    Has anyone stayed in pink moon camping? If so, is it much quieter than the main campsites?

There's a fair whack of noise from the event site depending on the time of night but very little noise from the other residents, the tents are evenly laid out in proper rows with spacing between them so probably much quieter than the other tented areas.

The other camps looked like down town Mogadishu compared to the order of the pink moon site.

jays' some amount of knicker twisting in here over other peoples musical tastes, couldnt really give a ****e what other people want to see, there'll be plenty for everyone to have a great weekend :)
    so who am i to email for the codes as i've heard nothing back from EP either, ticketmaster? i just sent a photo of 3 wristbands?

Was gonna post a link to the ticketmaster site but I'm getting a malware pop up from there at the moment. :confused:

I just did as the others said and went to contact us, put blahblah blah in the ask a question.
    Up pops the form with a place at the bottom to attach pics.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Email ticketmaster instead. I got one by sending on a picture of an arm (not mine) with three wristbands on it. Couldn't be arsed looking for wristbands

I had e-mailed ticketmaster as well, but got no reply, anyway got the code sent to me after sending them the drunken photos of myself, kinda cheated too as two photos were from the same year but if you can mess with the system a bit why not try?!

Also while I'm at it, would love to see Black Keys added to the lineup, but not sure if they will be in Europe around that time. I think they would be a band that pretty much everyone would like. Failing that would love to see Seasick Steve or Hot Chip added, would just be like 2010 again!

How long is the wait for a reply from Ticketmaster?

• Advertisement

Ticketmaster didnt reply to me, it was a guy from festival republic. E-mailed them last Wednesday when the line up came out so it took like 5 days to reply.

Jaysus, everyone seems to be getting different results. Will just wait and see then.
    They must be reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Just discovered flume.......love him/them!
    This is why no one should make any ever make any rash decisions on the line up before you tubing the ****e out of it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

I emailed them once, heard nothing, emailed them again and presto. Just keep annoying them. All I did was printscreen my ticket master order history and lineup program from 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't get it, why do some of you not just go to the nearest ticketmaster outlet and buy the loyalty ticket there, you won't get any of this email nonsense if you just buy it from a human being.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I emailed them once, heard nothing, emailed them again and presto. Just keep annoying them. All I did was printscreen my ticket master order history and lineup program from 2011.

Pester power. will do if nothing by luncheon tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

I don't get it, why do some of you not just go to the nearest ticketmaster outlet and buy the loyalty ticket there, you won't get any of this email nonsense if you just buy it from a human being.

Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

cos I can't afford to pay the ticket in full and wanted to go installments. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm really looking forward to this Portishead gig, just listening to Dummy at the moment, why is there such a gap with their touring history and Ireland, 1997 was the last time they played here. What was the craic there with the Irish promoters, you would've thought they would have played something like Feile or Witnness festival, seventeen years is a long time so looking forward to seeing them.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement