Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I've just got a reply from the Festival republic people with my discount code for 3+ loyalty discount but when I go to the ticketmaster link and put in the code, they say that there are no more tickets available for this promotion

Has this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

im waiting to get paid tomorrow to buy my loyalty ticket, i just went through the motions there to see if they is some still available and there is

was that for the 3+ discount or the 2 or less discount?

They might have given me a dodgy code

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

it was for the 3+ installment plan ticket - I'm goina get mine tonight now you have me ****ting it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I'm really looking forward to this Portishead gig, just listening to Dummy at the moment, why is there such a gap with their touring history and Ireland, 1997 was the last time they played here. What was the craic there with the Irish promoters, you would've thought they would have played something like Feile or Witnness festival, seventeen years is a long time so looking forward to seeing them.

They have cancelled 2 gigs in the past here at fairly short notice, promoters were probably afraid they would do it again or people might not take the risk after being burned twice, although that was about 14 -15 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Akrasia wrote: »
    I've just got a reply from the Festival republic people with my discount code for 3+ loyalty discount but when I go to the ticketmaster link and put in the code, they say that there are no more tickets available for this promotion

Has this happened to anyone else?

The code is case sensitive BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Akrasia wrote: »
    was that for the 3+ discount or the 2 or less discount?

They might have given me a dodgy code

Dodgy code. There's definitely still tickets left.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rewind83

Here's the email I sent mine to and got the code in less than 24 hours picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Rfrip wrote: »
    Just discovered flume.......love him/them!
    This is why no one should make any ever make any rash decisions on the line up before you tubing the ****e out of it:)
    he was great at Longitude last summer.
    he has really good visual setup live, would be great in one of the tents at night.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    The code is case sensitive BTW

Oh well, it's probably a bad code.

I've bought tickets using the 2 or less loyalty discount that they sent me last week and that's worked fine. 50 quid more for the 2 tickets but it's still good value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I have a discount code for the €174 tickets, first PM gets it.

CODE NOW GONE!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

he has really good visual setup live, would be great in one of the tents at night.

Oooooooh I like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Flume was excellent at Longitude, hopefully EP will have him on a bit later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm really excited to see him. Late night in one of the tents would be awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Any chance Kanye West plays? Livenation are bringing his tour to Europe and seeing as they are involved in EP. I know he sell out a venue a couple of times over on his own, but he'd certainly be a big enough name for Sunday daytrippers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Any chance Kanye West plays? Livenation are bringing his tour to Europe and seeing as they are involved in EP. I know he sell out a venue a couple of times over on his own, but he'd certainly be a big enough name for Sunday daytrippers.

Jesus I bloody hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'd say he would cost a crazy amount!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

With all the campsites and stages, there would be no room for his wife's hobbit hole

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

just joined up :):)

Firstly august cant come fast enough! While im not overly excited about the line up im not disappointed either! The atmosphere at picnic is was im going for, its one of the best weekends iv ever had!!

So when does everyone think the next line up will be? Buying my tickets in the morning!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Can't imagine he'll play EP, i'd prefer an o2 show.

Biggest regret ever is missing the Watch the Throne gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

There's a fair whack of noise from the event site depending on the time of night but very little noise from the other residents, the tents are evenly laid out in proper rows with spacing between them so probably much quieter than the other tented areas.

The other camps looked like down town Mogadishu compared to the order of the pink moon site.

...downtown Mogadishu - very good! I wandered thru main site on the Friday night on way to Pink Moon. Was glad to be in Pink Moon!
    Pink Moon is very organised, very sedate, well laid out. Very secure, which was extremely reassuring.
    I am getting too old to worry about things such as tent pitching (age 44y!) & as I go on my own (no-one can be persuaded to go - my 10y daughter & 12y son haven't 'bitten' as yet or in previous years!), nice to land to a fully pitched tent on a handy site.
    I know, it is slightly posh camping, but for me, worth it.
    Noise? Well, you can hear the gentle 'doof doofs' wafting from the music, late into the night. Lullabies me off to sleep! Especially, since from last year, discovered ear protectors/plugs - mighty! Punters seem generally well behaved - lots of middle aged middle classes like me!

Martin:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Kayne West seems to be doing a few festival dates in the UK this summer..
    As are the basement jaxx which could be pretty cool!
    While I imagine kayne would put on an amazing show...he's not really a picnic headline act..imo

mgkelly wrote: »
    ...downtown Mogadishu - very good! I wandered thru main site on the Friday night on way to Pink Moon. Was glad to be in Pink Moon!
    Pink Moon is very organised, very sedate, well laid out. Very secure, which was extremely reassuring.
    I am getting too old to worry about things such as tent pitching (age 44y!) & as I go on my own (no-one can be persuaded to go - my 10y daughter & 12y son haven't 'bitten' as yet or in previous years!), nice to land to a fully pitched tent on a handy site.
    I know, it is slightly posh camping, but for me, worth it.
    Noise? Well, you can hear the gentle 'doof doofs' wafting from the music, late into the night. Lullabies me off to sleep! Especially, since from last year, discovered ear protectors/plugs - mighty! Punters seem generally well behaved - lots of middle aged middle classes like me!

Martin:)

In terms of noise, every camp site has it. Hendrix is my regular stomping ground well away from main arena noise but trench town is close by, ear plugs are a must for me but even with I still hear a faint boom boom boomp, bup bup buoop bass!
    (PS No worse than the woman that's currently snoring like a trooper beside me right now!!)

The prism is deadly! I want one. Will he have it at the EP?

The place is special in the day but really comes to life at night, tree lights particularly around b&s, really beautiful vivid colours! It's surreal one of my favourite bits.

There's always been a quirky light up attraction, the lightning men + Arcadia with the flame throwers some years ago. Didn't really see anything of the sort there in 2013? Would like to see a fresh version at this years festival.

Lightbulb-cubea-tron
    http://youtu.be/8UGlrBHznPU

gas powered juicer centrifuge thingy!
    http://youtu.be/LdI4GHegbp8

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Music Scene Ireland
    Could The Black Keys be coming to Electric Picnic this year? Hmmm...
    http://musicscene.ie/2014/03/the-black-keys-unveil-details-of-turn-blue-studio-album/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    The place is special in the day but really comes to life at night, tree lights particularly around b&s, really beautiful vivid colours! It's surreal one of my favourite bits.

There were a couple of lads on a bike with lights in the form of a butterfly I think last year late at night
    I loved the lights in the trees
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cathalm/9987966573/in/set-72157635987836934/lightbox/

just joined up :):)

Firstly august cant come fast enough! While im not overly excited about the line up im not disappointed either! The atmosphere at picnic is was im going for, its one of the best weekends iv ever had!!

So when does everyone think the next line up will be? Buying my tickets in the morning!

Welcome! It's likely the next line up announcement will be when the loyalty ticket offer ends 18th April!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Never thought I'd ever say this, but I am loving Outkast. I thought it was generic pop ****e. The lyrics to Ms Jackson are pretty ****ing deep.:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Eddie vedder solo would be good in the electric arena or another one. He's doing a festival in Portugal.

• Advertisement

Never thought I'd ever say this, but I am loving Outkast. I thought it was generic pop ****e. The lyrics to Ms Jackson are pretty ****ing deep.:pac:

Hey ya VS B.O.B, day and night!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement