Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

david75 wrote: »
    Eddie vedder solo would be good in the electric arena or another one. He's doing a festival in Portugal.

Not a bad shout.

Steve Mason's doing Camp Bestival at the start of August too, in the absence of a Beta Band reunion mightn't be too bad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Eddie vedder solo would be good in the electric arena or another one. He's doing a festival in Portugal.

Robert Plant spot

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Never thought I'd ever say this, but I am loving Outkast. I thought it was generic pop ****e. The lyrics to Ms Jackson are pretty ****ing deep.:pac:

Generic pop ****e? If there's one thing Outkast aren't...

Listen to ATLiens, Southernplaya..., Aquemini, Stankonia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Robert Plant spot

I've seen him a few times now with glen Hansard supporting. Really great gigs. He's a totally different kettle of fish altogether in a solo setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

lordgoat wrote: »
    Can't imagine he'll play EP, i'd prefer an o2 show.

Biggest regret ever is missing the Watch the Throne gigs.

Not trying to make you feel like **** but............ hands down one of the best gigs ive been to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Not trying to make you feel like **** but............ hands down one of the best gigs ive been to.

I know, it's something I'll regret for manys a year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Got an extra full discount code if anyone wants it. First PM gets it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Watch the Throne was phenomenal. They played for so long, and the setlist was immaculate. No hope him playing EP though, 02 is the only chance of him turning up this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

EP12CZZW

Code for €174 ticket if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I've seen him a few times now with glen Hansard supporting. Really great gigs. He's a totally different kettle of fish altogether in a solo setting.

Would be absolutely delighted if him and/or Glen were added. Only chance I got to see his solo show was when I was in NY but tickets were ridiculously expensive.

Black Keys would be very good too, might help draw some crowds on the Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Moderat just announced for a festival in Croatia the week after EP. before today their last summer gig was the start of August *crosses fingers*

Moderat seem like a good bet alright.
    Hearing rumbles of Damon Albarn and Caribou too from usually reliable sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Would it be wise for me to pay up the €195 asap or should I be okay for another month or so?

I dont exactly have the money right now but I could get it, I just dont want what happened last year to happen to me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

TheStook wrote: »
    Would it be wise for me to pay up the €195 asap or should I be okay for another month or so?

I dont exactly have the money right now but I could get it, I just dont want what happened last year to happen to me again.

why don't you do it in installments?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

well it didn't sell out until a week beforehand last year, so i'd be amazed if it sold out before July this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Mince Pie wrote: »
    why don't you do it in installments?

Forgot about that option, thanks!

How long are the early bird tickets available for does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Forgot about that option, thanks!

How long are the early bird tickets available for does anyone know?

Until the 18th of April, have to wait until the end of the march myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

so say if i wanted a ticket to the picnic but wanted to stay in a festihut there. do i buy both separate?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭endainoz

Music Scene Ireland

Fingers crossed they get added in the April announcement just in time for the new album being released!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Anyone know when the April announcement is (e.g. Start , Middle, End of April) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Anyone that thinks outkast are a mainstream gimmick should give this a listen! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

Just booked my ticket...:D I can now relax :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I love Kanye West and in theory he would be an amazing addition to the bill. He'd be a headliner that I would pay the ticket price for alone.

In practice, he would bring the wrong type of crowd the the festival. You'd get many of the same people who would go to Swedish House Mafia or last year's Oxygen.

They'd turn up for Kanye and spend the rest of the time stabbing each other and robbing tents!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I'm still hearing rumours of Coldplay.
    God I hope it's not them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm still hearing rumours of Coldplay.
    God I hope it's not them.

I'd find it so hard to believe , they could sell out a few nights in the O2 on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

Really doubt EP have the budget to accommodate Kanye unfortunately. Also, saying Kanye would bring a rough crowd is foolish and naive, was there trouble at WTT? No. Don't tar all popular music 'fans' (Using the term fans lightly, I acknowledge that a lot of the crowd that went to Oxegen last year and SHM were only there for the drink, drugs and fanny, the music was a mere sideshow) with the one brush, just because it's mainstream and young people like it doesn't mean everyone that listens is some scumbag.

Also, I used the photo of 3 wristband posted on here a few days ago as my proof and got a code, took me 4 or 5 days to get a reply but thankfully I have one, so it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Really doubt EP have the budget to accommodate Kanye unfortunately. Also, saying Kanye would bring a rough crowd is foolish and naive, was there trouble at WTT? No. Don't tar all popular music 'fans' (Using the term fans lightly, I acknowledge that a lot of the crowd that went to Oxegen last year and SHM were only there for the drink, drugs and fanny, the music was a mere sideshow) with the one brush, just because it's mainstream and young people like it doesn't mean everyone that listens is some scumbag.

Also, I used the photo of 3 wristband posted on here a few days ago as my proof and got a code, took me 4 or 5 days to get a reply but thankfully I have one, so it's possible.

I wasn't. I was saying that the same people who you acknowledge above would be more likely to turn up to EP. And when they do, there's a higher chance of trouble.

And yes, there was trouble at the WTT gig. My friends were there and they saw plenty of trouble.

Also, wasn't it the WTT gig where that picture was taken with the girl standing in just knickers in the street and a guy sucking her nipple? Maybe i'm mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Ernest Oreo

Coldplay on the bill will mean a sellout
    get your tickets fast

• Advertisement

No chance of Coldplay lads. Too expensive, wrong type of band for the festival and they would've been announced early on. EP has never announced its biggest act weeks after the initial release.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement