Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I wasn't. I was saying that the same people who you acknowledge above would be more likely to turn up to EP. And when they do, there's a higher chance of trouble.

And yes, there was trouble at the WTT gig. My friends were there and they saw plenty of trouble.

Also, wasn't it the WTT gig where that picture was taken with the girl standing in just knickers in the street and a guy sucking her nipple? Maybe i'm mistaken.

There was no trouble at WTT as far as I saw, I was there.

And no that picture of the girl getting the tit sucked off her was at Tiesto and Calvin harris, let's not even delve into that..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I wasn't. I was saying that the same people who you acknowledge above would be more likely to turn up to EP. And when they do, there's a higher chance of trouble.

And yes, there was trouble at the WTT gig. My friends were there and they saw plenty of trouble.

Also, wasn't it the WTT gig where that picture was taken with the girl standing in just knickers in the street and a guy sucking her nipple? Maybe i'm mistaken.

True enough with Kanye the likelihood of a number of them would show and increase the chances of trouble, but I highly doubt that it would impact the festival or experiences of many others majorly.

There's 'trouble' at most gigs, I've seen some sort of trouble at every gig I've been to whether it be a bit of a fight or some guys just acting the bolox, but there was nothing there that wasn't out of the ordinary or not to be expected. In regards to the nipple sucking photo I never heard about that so you could well be right.

I get what you mean but in my opinion I doubt it would make much difference, also this is all hypothetical so let's not get too bogged down in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Didn't see any trouble at WTT. Rowdy crowd, but sure that's par for the course. You don't want to be standing still at a Kanye gig. Might've been a few lads warned for drugs/drink, but no more than you'd get at any sell-out in the O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Time to come back to reality I think. Kanye and Coldplay are not going to play E.P.

I want The Black Keys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Unfortunately, I agree with MrStuffins. Popular rap tends to bring the same crowd as popular dance. Now the majority are fine, I was at the SHM gig and Oxegen last year and didn't have a bit of trouble nor did I see any, however it's the few rough ones it does attract that would make a lot of peoples experience horrible imo.

Anyway, yeah it's hardly likely he'll play.

• Advertisement

Presumably he'd be even more expensive than Coldplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id be happier with Queens but Black Keys are a good back up :)

Id be more happier with Queens but Black Keys are a good back up :)

Gah. More happier.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Gah. More happier.

What are you the grammar police ha :pac::pac::pac: . Did not even realise it myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I sent off the proof email on Wednesday. A photo of a bank statement for 2006, a EP container for 2007 and an internet banking screendump for 2008. Got my code this afternoon so two tickets bought.

Just checked out my tent from EP 2008. Not in good shape. Thanks for the recommendations - the 60 euro one looks the business.

Can't wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

You're actually proper dense if you ever believed for one second that Coldplay or Kanye would be at EP... let alone that they'd play and not be announced at launch...

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    I sent off the proof email on Wednesday. A photo of a bank statement for 2006, a EP container for 2007 and an internet banking screendump for 2008. Got my code this afternoon so two tickets bought.

Just checked out my tent from EP 2008. Not in good shape. Thanks for the recommendations - the 60 euro one looks the business.

Can't wait...

uh oh..I hope there isn't a sea of the same tent :eek:
    MattD wrote: »
    You're actually proper dense if you ever believed for one second that Coldplay or Kanye would be at EP... let alone that they'd play and not be announced at launch...

Right, because there'd be no benefit to announcing the biggest act when the more expensive tickets go on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Ticket bought earlier on. Can. Not. Wait!

Boards meet píss up? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Ticket booked. First timer for EP. How likely is it to get stuff stolen, Tents wrecked etc? I've heard its a sound enough crowd

Duff wrote: »
    Ticket bought earlier on. Can. Not. Wait!

Boards meet píss up? :D

Cya in Trenchtown with a few cans :D
    Ticket booked. First timer for EP. How likely is it to get stuff stolen, Tents wrecked etc? I've heard its a sound enough crowd

You're in for a good time! Not likely at all I'd say. I mean there's always going to be a few bad eggs but like everything but ya should be grand :)

My friend destroyed his own tent after indulging in various substances last year. I didn't notice anyone elses tent getting wrecked. It's a festival, some people will rob stuff if given the chance. Don't leave cash and valuables in your tent. 99% of people there are sound though.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Yeah I thought as much. Sure there'll always be one or two so can never guarantee anything at these things. As long as the majority are sound I can deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Welp, turns out the ticket discount isn't open to volunteers from previous years. Was worth a shot!

Also The Black Keys are boring ****e, prefer some Black Angels! Definetely closer to QOTSA too;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

GenieOz wrote: »
    uh oh..I hope there isn't a sea of the same tent :eek:

good point

hope it's available in different colours?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Ernest Oreo

any more news on Coldplay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Would love to see Modest Mouse added.

They 'owe' us a gig after pulling out of Longitude last year.

Touring in the States at the moment, but calender fairly blank after May.

Yeah, they aren't playing E.P, ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

PHHHEEEWWW! I was getting EXTREMELY worried they wouldn't play this year, but fear not! they will be in Belfast 21st August maybe they could drop into the EP the week after scarc! Sarc!!......

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

last year was my first year & i had the most amazing weekend, everyone is so chilled & sound!! your in for an amazing experience :D:D with regards to stuff being stolen i think if you have your wits about you, you will have no trouble eg : dont leave anything that is expensive in the tent, just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Roll on feckin Thurday! Got me code just need to get paid now! Whoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

actually got my discount code from ep there on sunday, roll on money day!

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    good point

hope it's available in different colours?

Pretty sure the cheap ones from halfords are all orange and navy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Welp, turns out the ticket discount isn't open to volunteers from previous years. Was worth a shot!

Also The Black Keys are boring ****e, prefer some Black Angels! Definetely closer to QOTSA too;

I didn't know that crew wristbands are not seen as legal tender for the discount, well thank fcuk I've still got my 2008, 09 and 10 wristbands before I took up the volunteering from 2011 onwards, got some of the t shirts and programmes too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

News is Chris Martin and Gwenyth Paltrow are to separate! Extra depressing album in the pipeline now!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement