Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Fatfrog wrote: »
    News is Chris Martin and Gwenyth Paltrow are to separate! Extra depressing album in the pipeline now!!

Just saw that on my newsfeed and said it was bound to make them even more whiney!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Announcing the Black Keys would definitely be a decent compromise if we're not going to get QotSA. I still want QotSA though. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

News is Chris Martin and Gwenyth Paltrow are to separate! Extra depressing album in the pipeline now!!

You never know, next up could be his coke and hookers stage, giving rise to an all out party album from them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Announcing the Black Keys would definitely be a decent compromise if we're not going to get QotSA. I still want QotSA though. :P

I wouldn't mind em but they only played here a few months ago, not really dying to see em again so soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

I'm hoping they are holding out for Qotsa until the loyalty tickets are gone. Queens would be an outstanding Friday night opener. They were so good at the o2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Chelsea Wolfe, Future Islands and Tim Hecker and I'll be well happy with this EP. Oh and David Moyes so I can kick him in the balls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

MadYaker wrote: »
    Yeah, they aren't playing E.P, ever!

So said a lot of people about the killers that year.
    You're forgetting who owns and runs this festival now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

david75 wrote: »

C'mon mate be realistic, Coldplay can sell out 80,000 capacity arenas, why would they play a 32,500 - 40,000 capacity event, plus a lot of regular Picnic goers wouldn't be able to get a ticket as they would all be snapped up by Coldplay fans.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

C'mon mate be realistic, Coldplay can sell out 80,000 capacity arenas, why would they play a 32,500 - 40,000 capacity event, plus a lot of regular Picnic goers wouldn't be able to get a ticket as they would all be snapped up by Coldplay fans.

Chris Martin just broke up with that Gwyneth chic! the next album is going to be even more excruciating than their previous albums now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

david75 wrote: »

Yea don't forget festival Republics MD ran Glasto for years until 2012, much wider music spectrum so you can kinda see what he was doing booking the killers?

But cost would be the limiting factor, I read somewhere that a typical cost to book Coldplay would be $1.2M USD. That kinda of money would pay for 3-4 typical EP headliners. There's no way that would be viable particularly with loyalty tickets, unless there were major cuts elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I'm actually starting to worry about people still harping on about Coldplay. Never happening, stop talking about it. It's as likely as Beyonce or Garth Brooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I'm actually starting to worry about people still harping on about Coldplay. Never happening, stop talking about it. It's as likely as Beyonce or Garth Brooks.

this whole conversation makes me hanker for Daft Punk requests ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

pmalone wrote: »
    this whole conversation makes me hanker for Daft Punk requests ;)

we can only dream :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

On a slightly more realistic note, what do people reckon the chances of Queens being announced actually are? Would they have been in the first announcement, or could they be a big juicy worm after the loyalty scheme ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Slim enough I'd say. EP rarely announce near-headliners after the first announcement. I'd expect big mid-level bands rather than potential headliners in the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So for those who have been, can you do a pros and cons of the different camp sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The album is finished so I don't think it will have much of an effect really

Snarky Snark Snark

MadYaker wrote: »
    The album is finished so I don't think it will have much of an effect really

Until they start touring and he starts crying on stage whilst holding his lad in his hand singing "daddy horny Michael" over and over and over....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

pink moon camping is a bit of a rip off for a two man tent.

Pfft, its for people who want to sleep :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

miller82 wrote: »

It's pricey, but you're really paying for
    a) private bogs with little or no queuing
    b) showers
    c) security

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

miller82 wrote: »
    every non-general camping option is a rip-off really, depends on how much you value having showers and better security I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com
    Whats the store with the mailbox, it's still full? Anywhere else I can send my proof of attendance to?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com
    Whats the store with the mailbox, it's still full? Anywhere else I can send my proof of attendance to?
    Email it and see? If it's full you'll get an error as a reply, otherwise it's gone through fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

AdMMM wrote: »
    Email it and see? If it's full you'll get an error as a reply, otherwise it's gone through fine!

What? I did email it and I got a failure delivery saying the mailbox is full.
    I am asking if there is an alternative way to get the code

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

What? I did email it and I got a failure delivery saying the mailbox is full.
    I am asking if there is an alternative way to get the code

Contact ticketmaster through their website contact us page..
    It's all explained a few pages back in this thread..
    Worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Prodigy's gig guide on their website lists their last gig at the moment at Rock en Seine festival on 23rd August, it would be great if they were announced for the late Saturday night slot, not as big as Coldplay or Kanye West but maybe a more realistic act to follow the Saturday night headliner from 12.30 -2.30am.

http://www.theprodigy.com/live/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Prodigy's gig guide on their website lists their last gig at the moment at Rock en Seine festival on 23rd August, it would be great if they were announced for the late Saturday night slot, not as big as Coldplay or Kanye West but maybe a more realistic act to follow the Saturday night headliner from 12.30 -2.30am.

Yes totally agree with that :)

Eh.... no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Did they not sell out Slane before?

Also I think what they need is a Sunday headliner, the bands already mentioned should cover Friday and Saturday, they're looking for that big name that will reel people in. The Prodigy are one of them granted and they could follow Portishead after Rock en Seine but I doubt it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement