Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Family camping sold out!!! Jaysus, better get me tickets sorted first thing in the morning.

http://electricpicnic.ie/familycampingsoldoutadditionalticketsnowonsale

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Family camping sold out!!! Jaysus, better get me tickets sorted first thing in the morning.

http://electricpicnic.ie/familycampingsoldoutadditionalticketsnowonsale
    family camping always sells out quick as the space is quite limited.

same with campervan tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Got to be a good indication of demand though if it's sold out that pair the week after launch with 5 months to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭pale blue dot cotton

Did they not sell out Slane before?

They supported Oasis at Slane and Kasabian were also on the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

The Prodigy's gig guide on their website lists their last gig at the moment at Rock en Seine festival on 23rd August, it would be great if they were announced for the late Saturday night slot, not as big as Coldplay or Kanye West but maybe a more realistic act to follow the Saturday night headliner from 12.30 -2.30am.

http://www.theprodigy.com/live/

I'd DEFINITELY kick a kitten for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Prodigy are playing the marquee in cork, would be a bad move by the promoters of that gig to allow prodigy play EP, or at least announce them before the gig. Can't see it. They're also not the type of act EP book, more synonymous with trouble than almost any 90s dance act.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Prodigy are playing the marquee in cork, would be a bad move by the promoters of that gig to allow prodigy play EP, or at least announce them before the gig. Can't see it. They're also not the type of act EP book, more synonymous with trouble than almost any 90s dance act.

AM were not a EP act but played last year and i didnt see any trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I disagree! A friends sister was speaking to this guy who seen someone throwing an empty beer can on the ground (smuggled in no doubt, "main arena contraband") while scratching his balls, he had a particular hair style and was wearing skinny jeans & converse! He was clearly an AM fan.. Disgraceful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

There is no big act there to fill the late night dance slot on the Saturday so who knows, Prodigy would be insane to have.

That's because AMs don't include groups of dodgy pillheads. Prodigy very much do. Seen them three times, never seen so many pillheads, mosh pits or angry scobeys.

• Advertisement

That's because AMs don't include groups of dodgy pillheads. Prodigy very much do. Seen them three times, never seen so many pillheads, mosh pits or angry scobeys.

Pillheads are some of the soundest people going, the love drug ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Pillheads do cause a lot of trouble alright. All that hugging people and telling them that they love them has been well known to cause riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Total BS. I've been to almost every gig they've played in Ireland and I've never seen any trouble.

Where i was at Oxegen 2011 i did see some dodgy crew and one lad nearly hit a girl . But i wont tarnish everyone with one brush

Only noticed this now. Again, BS. I was at the Malahide Castle AM gig and it was a total skanger fest. Loads of kids off their faces on pills. Plus there was loads of trouble at the gig.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Total BS. I've been to almost every gig they've played in Ireland and I've never seen any trouble.

And you are the authority obviously. If you didn't see it it didn't happen.

Prodigy attract a huge amount of skangers, as does practically any gig at Slane. EP does not, but an act like that definitely would bring them in, there's no festival tailored for skangers this year, they'd flock to EP to see Prodigy.

And if you want to fudge the line between people on pills and pillheads fine, but you're only deluding yourselves. I get that ye really want Prodigy to play, but is there really any need to come up with this kind of nonsense to keep the dream alive? They're not going to play, it would be moronic to let them be booked for EP when they're already playing the marquee. Never would happen.

And you are the authority obviously. If you didn't see it it didn't happen.

Prodigy attract a huge amount of skangers, as does practically any gig at Slane. EP does not, but an act like that definitely would bring them in, there's no festival tailored for skangers this year, they'd flock to EP to see Prodigy.

And if you want to fudge the line between people on pills and pillheads fine, but you're only deluding yourselves. I get that ye really want Prodigy to play, but is there really any need to come up with this kind of nonsense to keep the dream alive? They're not going to play, it would be moronic to let them be booked for EP when they're already playing the marquee. Never would happen.

Eh, what are you talking about? When did I say I wanted them to play?

Plus, how can I be the authority on this when you obviously have that position all sewn up. And remember, if you insist on spouting out sweeping generalisations you will be called up on it.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Eh, what are you talking about? When did I say I wanted them to play?

Plus, how can I be the authority on this when you obviously have that position all sewn up. And remember, if you insist on spouting out sweeping generalisations you will be called up on it.

You're the one that said it's BS that Prodigy gigs cause trouble, based on you having seen some of their gigs. Sweeping generalisations indeed. Never heard such rubbish.

You're the one that said it's BS that Prodigy gigs cause trouble, based on you having seen some of their gigs. Sweeping generalisations indeed. Never heard such rubbish.

I'm just gonna assume that you can't read now and leave you to it.

Surely if Prodigy are not an EP act then FBS , Basement Jaxx or Chemical Bros are not either?

• Advertisement

Surely if Prodigy are not an EP act then FBS , Basement Jaxx or Chemical Bros are not either?

Nor any dance(read electronica and everything under that umbrella) act for that matter.

Which of course is BS/
    Prodigy would be amazing and I think they'd suit it.

GenieOz wrote: »
    Nor any dance(read electronica and everything under that umbrella) act for that matter.

Which of course is BS/

When did I saw that? Prodigy have roots in rave and hard rock, none of the others you listed have. In fact Basement Jaxx are a completely different style of electronic music, but seeing as you're diminutising everything don't let that stop you from making up rubbish. It's like saying David Guetta or Scooter or Mad Capsule Markets are all the same type of music.

GenieOz wrote: »

Which of course is BS/
    Sure it essentially started as a dance (electronic) festival. Look at the first year's line up.

Groove Armada, Jurassic 5, Mylo, Arrested Development, Soulwax, Super Furry Animals, Grandmaster Flash, 2manydjs, Lee "Scratch" Perry, Plump DJs, Detroit Cobras, Erick Morillo, Erol Alkan, David Kitt, Body tonic.

Also, the clue is in the festival name.

When did I saw that? Prodigy have roots in rave and hard rock, none of the others you listed have. In fact Basement Jaxx are a completely different style of electronic music, but seeing as you're diminutising everything don't let that stop you from making up rubbish. It's like saying David Guetta or Scooter or Mad Capsule Markets are all the same type of music.

They all attract that 'crowd' though. Which is the point you were making.

No it isn't. The Prodigy attract that crowd, these others don't. There's a reason the Prodigy caused hysteria in the 90s when these others electronic acts didn't. It's because of how they incite crowds at gigs. You get people taking drugs at most gigs, but the nastier element comes with The Prodigy. Oxegen 2008 was one of the worst electronic gigs I've ever been at, scores of lads kicking the **** out of each other while off their faces. Normal electronic music doesn't have that violent element.

No it isn't. The Prodigy attract that crowd, these others don't. There's a reason the Prodigy caused hysteria in the 90s when these others electronic acts didn't. It's because of how they incite crowds at gigs. You get people taking drugs at most gigs, but the nastier element comes with The Prodigy. Oxegen 2008 was one of the worst electronic gigs I've ever been at, scores of lads kicking the **** out of each other while off their faces. Normal electronic music doesn't have that violent element.

Haha. You haven't a clue. :)

Thank you for that incredible insight.
    Anyway, this all academic: they won't play. End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

There's a new Goldie looking chain song in the making there in that piece!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Have my ticket bought now, looking forward to the dancier side of things being announced, wouldn't be particularly pushed on lost of the bands announced, most of them are a bit mellow for me personally, so the dance acts will shape the weekend really.

• Advertisement

Hudson Mohawke has announced a world tour, no Irish date on it so hopefully EP will be added later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement