Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Francois & The Atlas Mountains just confirmed themselves for EP on BBC R6

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

miller82 wrote: »
    totally agree, but just pointing out its not an example of violence really.
    Its an example of gobshiites !!

I never said it was an example of violence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Tuneyards would be great alright.
    Starting listening to St Vincent's new one, its brilliant. Prefer it to Strange Mercy I think.

Yeah, it's better. Album of the year & gig of the year so far goes to Annie imo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I love drugs. Won't hear a bad word said against them!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

Just a general question, would it be fair to say that the picnic aren't overly strict on under 18's going (Obviously excluding under 12's)? I'm 17 and went last year on the Sunday with no hassle at all, whereas last night I had a ticket to a gig in The Academy and couldn't get in. I'll be 18 by the time EP is on at the end of the summer, but I have 2 or 3 friends interested in going who will only be 17 at the time and are unsure whether to risk getting a ticket only to be turned away, anybody got any advice I could give them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Just a general question, would it be fair to say that the picnic aren't overly strict on under 18's going (Obviously excluding under 12's)? I'm 17 and went last year on the Sunday with no hassle at all, whereas last night I had a ticket to a gig in The Academy and couldn't get in. I'll be 18 by the time EP is on at the end of the summer, but I have 2 or 3 friends interested in going who will only be 17 at the time and are unsure whether to risk getting a ticket only to be turned away, anybody got any advice I could give them?

I was 17 going to my first EP, as long as you don't look like a 14 year old you'll be fine. The academy is a different story altogether

Can't give advice, but I have seen kids turned away for not having ID. Whether they got in or not later, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Pity you didn't get in, Earl was unreal :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Didn't see a single person asked for ID..I reckon you'd have to look incredibly young to be asked

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

Rob094 wrote: »
    Pity you didn't get in, Earl was unreal :P

Ahhh shut up haha! I managed to get in and buy merch which was a consolation somewhat, now that I think about it I shoudl've produced my EP wristband from last year and try and convince them I was at least 18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Pay for the insurance on the tickets and then just get the money back if they don't get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

GenieOz wrote: »
    Didn't see a single person asked for ID..I reckon you'd have to look incredibly young to be asked

I did last year, one of the group ahead of me in the que got stopped for Id, the rest of their group kinda did that solidarity stalling thing for about 30 seconds but then decided to head on in leaving their mate behind!! In fairness he looked 15, but could have been older.
    I suppose the only option there would be either get someone from home to deliver ID or wait a few min and chance ur arm at another part of the gate!

It's a catch 22, I wouldn't fancy bring ID incase I lost it, (not that I'd get asked these days!) but if your young looking you need to have it with you.

I saw people get turned away last year for not having id. They were a bit pissed off to say the least. A few of them did look very young though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Ernest Oreo

Any update on Coldplay yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Temples are definitely on my list of must sees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Any update on Coldplay yet?

Yeah you just missed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

That's fair enough.

I would say not really, when you consider there was (officially) 80,000 people at the gig, and it took some people (me) five hours to get a pre-paid Dublin Bus back to the city centre.
    Seriously? It was the worst crowd I've ever seen at a concert and I went to countless trance gigs in my youth, including Tiesto. 4 times.

Having said that, I did miss the night there was a bottle fight when Ferry Corsten got shut down early in the Tivoli.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Seen someone earlier say we might get Wild Beasts, that would be epic, such a cool sound.

Temples are now a must see, always discover great new music after the EP announcement!

Any ideas who the late night dance act might be? As in, realistically, not Prodigy :P Although if only!

Seen someone earlier say we might get Wild Beasts, that would be epic, such a cool sound.

Temples are now a must see, always discover great new music after the EP announcement!

Any ideas who the late night dance act might be? As in, realistically, not Prodigy :P Although if only!

Basement Jaxx are down for Bestfival? Possible.
    Would be happy with them anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Seriously? It was the worst crowd I've ever seen at a concert and I went to countless trance gigs in my youth, including Tiesto. 4 times.

Having said that, I did miss the night there was a bottle fight when Ferry Corsten got shut down early in the Tivoli.

I must have missed the thousands of injuries and deaths recorded at it! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Gerdev

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I disagree! A friends sister was speaking to this guy who seen someone throwing an empty beer can on the ground (smuggled in no doubt, "main arena contraband") while scratching his balls, he had a particular hair style and was wearing skinny jeans & converse! He was clearly an AM fan.. Disgraceful!!

You epitomise everything thats wrong with Electric Picnic fans

I think your sarcasm detector is broken

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So whats the chances of Joan as Policewoman being there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Gerdev wrote: »

Go on, explain to us.

This should be ****ing boring.....

Gerdev wrote: »

As obvious as the post you quoted being sarcasm I think you'll find EP fans come in all shapes and sizes and are quite different from each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Do you need an ID for a glove puppet.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Do you need an ID for a glove puppet.

If it can take a whole fist up it it's probably old enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Amid all the speculation of big names, has it ever happened that a headliner has been confirmed for Electric Picnic after the initial announcement? Just don't see any bands of the stature of Prodigy, Coldplay, Basement Jaxx not being announced at the very start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Realistically, it depends on ticket sales. They've sold out their family tickets, but that doesn't tell us much about normal ticket sales. If they need a final push, once the tickets go full price, they might announce someone who is at least "medium" sized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Amid all the speculation of big names, has it ever happened that a headliner has been confirmed for Electric Picnic after the initial announcement? Just don't see any bands of the stature of Prodigy, Coldplay, Basement Jaxx not being announced at the very start.

Did Brian Wilson not get added quite late in 2008, he's a bit of a legend, in other years I've seen some quite significant acts added later on in the bill.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement