Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Don't toy with me.

Imagine moderat in the little big tent...

Moderat Little Big Tent EP 2009
    https://soundcloud.com/moderat_live/moderat-live-at-electric

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

I was at that picnic too, I had no idea who they were. Dammit. :(

Seen them a few weeks ago though.

I was at that picnic too, I had no idea who they were. Dammit. :(

Seen them a few weeks ago though.

Likewise I saw them in Dublin at Vicar Street in February, I think I was watching 2ManyDJs (2009) at the time on the main stage and I didn't get into Moderat till about a few years later, I caught Modeselektor for the first time last year at Life festival and was well impressed, I recognised two tracks from the EP 2009 set, a really fast techno track and they ended with A New Error.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Don't toy with me.

Imagine moderat in the little big tent...

They're in Croatia the week after EP, i'd be surprised if they're not added to the lineup tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

They're in Croatia the week after EP, i'd be surprised if they're not added to the lineup tbh

Exactly the type of act that's needed!:cool:

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Exactly the type of act that's needed!:cool:

Yeah, definitely. And as someone else said an Apparat set would go down nicely also, late night Body & Soul stage would be amazing

Yeah, definitely. And as someone else said an Apparat set would go down nicely also, late night Body & Soul stage would be amazing

That would be amazing, Tourist closed the Body & Soul main stage at 4am on Monday last year, blissful amazing music, Apparat would be class.

That would be amazing, Tourist closed the Body & Soul main stage at 4am on Monday last year, blissful amazing music, Apparat would be class.

Yeah, i was at Tourist last year. Was a ****ing great way to end a great wkend :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

They're playing a festival in France as well 2 weeks before.
    Shoe in.

Likewise I saw them in Dublin at Vicar Street in February, I think I was watching 2ManyDJs (2009) at the time on the main stage and I didn't get into Moderat till about a few years later, I caught Modeselektor for the first time last year at Life festival and was well impressed, I recognised two tracks from the EP 2009 set, a really fast techno track and they ended with A New Error.

The first album is by far my favourite, even though both are class. Seems to pack more of punch.

• Advertisement

Jeez if only I was fit to see a late night B&S!!!

x2 acts I would love to see, would be Agnes Obel (F**K X-factor this should be the aspiration! classically trained fluent in about x4 languages)

& Royscopp

Jeez if only I was fit to see a late night B&S!!!

Take it easy on the booze and you'll make it :pac:

Still hoping Japanese popstars are included, imagine closing the Sunday with Take Forever. Perfect.:)

Take it easy on the booze and you'll make it :pac:

Thats a great plan.......... :D I vaguely remember drinking tea from these massive decorative mugs last year, at that stage its been along day + add the general lack of sleep Fooked!!

& Royscopp

Only seen them once, at EP 2005. Spent the whole day in the Electric Arena:

ELECTRIC ARENA
    SATURDAY
    10.45-12.00 Kraftwerk
    9.00-10.00 Royksopp
    7.20-8.20 Arcade Fire
    5.40-6.40 Goldfrapp
    4.10-5.10 Mixmaster Mike
    3.00-3.40 Hot Chip

Those were the days! :D

The first album is by far my favourite, even though both are class. Seems to pack more of punch.

Love the first album, Rusty Nails is one of my favourite tracks.

The second album is a grower, I love the backward loop groove of Milk which is a slow burner to ecstatic. I like some of the vocal tracks of Apparat especially Bad Kingdom and Gita, his vocal has improved and the timely wub wubs of Modeselektor. Some of their dreamy instrumentals are pretty cool too. They are also a visual feast, they could probably fill the Electric Arena seeing that it shrank from 2012 to 5,000 - 6,000 capacity, but probably more likely the LBT as its about the same capacity as the gig enclosure of Vicar Street.

Love the first album, Rusty Nails is one of my favourite tracks.

The second album is a grower, I love the backward loop groove of Milk which is a slow burner to ecstatic.

Class. I almost lost it when they played rusty nails. Vicar street was a great venue to have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Ok, so apart from Coldplay, The Prodigy, Daft Punk, The Spice Girls, Elvis Presley, and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, all of whom are 100% definitely going to be announced the day before the festival starts, I'm really hoping for Tune-Yards, one of my favourite bands, have seen them twice before, the new stuff sounds amazing, and they are in Europe towards the end of summer, they would be a perfect Picnic act.

Die Antwoord would be a stupid amount of fun! Major Lazer are playing Bestival the following weekend, they would be savage for The Picnic.
    Candi Staton is hanging out near these waters around Picnic time too.

Bootsy. wrote: »
    Ok, so apart from Coldplay, The Prodigy, Daft Punk, The Spice Girls, Elvis Presley, and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, all of whom are 100% definitely going to be announced the day before the festival starts, I'm really hoping for Tune-Yards, one of my favourite bands, have seen them twice before, the new stuff sounds amazing, and they are in Europe towards the end of summer, they would be a perfect Picnic act.

Die Antwoord would be a stupid amount of fun! Major Lazer are playing Bestival the following weekend, they would be savage for The Picnic.

Don't forget Bowie and Prince!

Gerdev wrote: »
    Yeah I was very surprised to see them last year. Usually they are not allowed at most festival campsites I've been to. I'm definitely bringing one this year!

Is it not the case that you have to buy them on the festival site, there is usually a big camping store on site that is always selling camping chairs, gazebos, tent pegs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

don't think the campsite shops sell gazebos? sell the other stuff though.

i've seen stewards come around and tell people to take them down at EP, and have read about people being refused with them at the gates when getting checked.

that said, any time we've brought one it was grand and there were plenty of others there. think we might have been asked to take it down before and half-dismantled it, then put it back up 5mins later when the guy was gone. might have been a different festival though.
    that was 2010/2011/2012 though when the campsites weren't that busy.

i can imagine with another sell-out and cramped campsites, they might be more proactive this year, especially with the bigger ones.

Is it not the case that you have to buy them on the festival site, there is usually a big camping store on site that is always selling camping chairs, gazebos, tent pegs etc.

I've been to a few picnics and have never seen the camp shop, where does it usually be?

I've been to a few picnics and have never seen the camp shop, where does it usually be?

There used to be a Joe Bananas, but I think its a different crowd now, it used to be beside the on site Gala shop in the Hendrix camp site I think.

Gazebos not on the prohibited items list, e-cigs indoors are banned as well as high vis jackets!

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/downloads/EP_Terms_and_conditions_2014_Revised.pdf

Not in the prohibited items, e-cigs indoors are banned as well as high vis jackets!

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/downloads/EP_Terms_and_conditions_2014_Revised.pdf

By the way it does say;

"Banned from arena prior to 11pm - .....No drink or alcohol can be brought into the arena, with the exception of sealed soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml)."

Certainly not the case last year!

By the way it does say;

"Banned from arena prior to 11pm - .....No drink or alcohol can be brought into the arena, with the exception of sealed soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml)."

Certainly not the case last year!

Always thought it was ten as the bars shut at ten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Bootsy. wrote: »

Don't forget Bowie and Prince!

and N.W.A.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Pretty much free for all after 10pm with regards bringing drink in!

But they still won't let you into the arena with cans till 11pm, but that is still good. I'd say it was pricey back in 2005/2006 when there was still late bars operating in the B&S area and various stalls with their cider. Its really handy that you can take cans in with you now as the licensing laws regarding festivals is pretty ridiculous over here.

I remember getting searched way after 11 though. Capri sun pouches full of vodka down the crotch ftw! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Myself and Jeff the platypus never go to festivals without each other. Usually he comes with his mate Jack Daniel too.

http://www.amazon.com/Platypus-Hoser-Hydration-System/dp/B0014BLUSU

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement