Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Duff wrote: »
    Myself and Jeff the platypus never go to festivals without each other. Usually he comes with his mate Jack Daniel too.

http://www.amazon.com/Platypus-Hoser-Hydration-System/dp/B0014BLUSU

He shall soon be my mate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

I remember getting searched way after 11 though. Capri sun pouches full of vodka down the crotch ftw! :D

How the hell do you open, fill and reseal a capri sun pouch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

foolelle wrote: »
    How the hell do you open, fill and reseal a capri sun pouch?

I present to you, the increasingly elusive Screw top Capri-sun pouch.

Some say it is legend, some say it was a freak accident, but it exists and if we don't act now it will disappear. Do not buy straw capri-suns, for the love of god don't buy the straw ones.

I present to you, the increasingly elusive Screw top Capri-sun pouch.

Some say it is legend, some say it was a freak accident, but it exists and if we don't act now it will disappear. Do not buy straw capri-suns, for the love of god don't buy the straw ones.

Jesus never even knew that existed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

So for a first timer. Am I right in saying you can bring all the drink u can consume to the campsite. And after 11 you can bring 4 cans from campsite into the main venue.

• Advertisement

nmg_ire wrote: »
    So for a first timer. Am I right in saying you can bring all the drink u can consume to the campsite. And after 11 you can bring 4 cans from campsite into the main venue.

Correct
    But in previous years they didn't seem to strict on the whole 4 cans rule, a way around that would be to ask someone to carry some for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

They also say(I think, coulda been Oxegen) there's a limit of 48 cans per person going in to the site..but never imagined that could be enforced nor have I seen it enforced..

Capri sun pouches are the job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

GenieOz wrote: »
    They also say(I think, coulda been Oxegen) there's a limit of 48 cans per person going in to the site..but never imagined that could be enforced nor have I seen it enforced..

Capri sun pouches are the job :D

Not sure if I'd want to have much more than 48 cans in the space of 3 days anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

But they still won't let you into the arena with cans till 11pm, but that is still good. I'd say it was pricey back in 2005/2006 when there was still late bars operating in the B&S area and various stalls with their cider. Its really handy that you can take cans in with you now as the licensing laws regarding festivals is pretty ridiculous over here.

Bringing in cans is really useful, but I'd still love to be able to buy drink if needed after 10. I mean like come on its a festival!

From my initial post, it wasn't the 10pm time I was referring to, more so their t&c's say you can't bring alcohol/cans in "with the exception of sealed soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml)"
    I've had unopened bottles of water taken off me many times, really sucks when you're trying to stay hydrated!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeh they are not great with the signage for drinking water it has to be said, they were available at some of the loo areas but involved some walking.

On a different theme an ultimate small festival toy, I got one of these for my birthday, a Music Angel Friendz Ipod speaker. My mate from Denmark who I play Irish sessions with in Galway bought me one of these speakers made by a man called Baard Johannessen from Norway, its a tiny speaker about the width of my palm with a speaker each side of it and a tremendous crisp volume, actually more powerful than the MM80 for the size of the thing. It has a rechargeable lithium battery with 120 hours playback before it needs charged again, it can be charged from your computer via USB. So I gonna be blasting this out in the camp site in between frolics and gigs.

37088.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Yeh they are not great with the signage for drinking water it has to be said, they were available at some of the loo areas but involved some walking.

On a different theme an ultimate small festival toy, I got one of these for my birthday, a Music Angel Friendz Ipod speaker. My mate from Denmark who I play Irish sessions with in Galway bought me one of these speakers made by a man called Baard Johannessen from Norway, its a tiny speaker about the width of my palm with a speaker each side of it and a tremendous crisp volume, actually more powerful than the MM80 for the size of the thing. It has a rechargeable lithium battery with 120 hours playback before it needs charged again, it can be charged from your computer via USB. So I gonna be blasting this out in the camp site in between frolics and gigs.

37088.jpg

What campsite are you staying at? Just so I know where not to go so I can get some sleep. ;)

Mince Pie wrote: »
    What campsite are you staying at? Just so I know where not to go so I can get some sleep. ;)

Don't worry a lot of what I play in the early hours would be a kinda ambient swirl of stuff, kinda echoing the chill out areas of B&S and Trenchtown, laidback but trippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Don't worry a lot of what I play in the early hours would be a kinda ambient swirl of stuff, kinda echoing the chill out areas of B&S and Trenchtown, laidback but trippy.

Basically wonder wall & Zombie yea!! ;)

Yeah sounds delightful. One mans music is another mans dragging nails down a blackboard.

..........makes mental note to pack earplugs.........

Yeah sounds delightful. One mans music is another mans dragging nails down a blackboard.

..........makes mental note to pack earplugs.........

Actually you would be thanking me for having some musical sense if you were camped where I was last year, right next to the ruddy carnival in the Hendrix site and that blasted music muallicating James Brown and Faithless in an endless loop interspersed with YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Half my Ipod playlists consist of Electric Picnic concerts from the radio and I've went to painstaking lengths to create the ultimate three hour length festival playlist stretching from the mid 60s to present.

Actually you would be thanking me for having some musical sense if you were camped where I was last year, right next to the ruddy carnival in the Hendrix site and that blasted music muallicating James Brown and Faithless in an endless loop interspersed with YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Half my Ipod playlists consist of Electric Picnic concerts from the radio and I've went to painstaking lengths to create the ultimate three hour length festival playlist stretching from the mid 60s to present.

You'e right there, anything would be better than Faithless.

You'e right there, anything would be better than Faithless.

Wouldn't it be funny that after you just said that, Faithless was announced for the Saturday night headliner heh heh.

Wouldn't it be funny that after you just said that, Faithless was announced for the Saturday night headliner heh heh.

You just get eviler and eviler!

Hey, anyone got the EP spotify playlist, was posted ages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Hey, anyone got the EP spotify playlist, was posted ages back.

The 2014 one? Yeah, it's decent. Just type Electric Picnic 2014 into Spotify and it should come up.

• Advertisement

Duff wrote: »
    The 2014 one? Yeah, it's decent. Just type Electric Picnic 2014 into Spotify and it should come up.

Nothing coming up for that

scratch that, found it. Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Finally got my ticket! Gotta love Pay Day. See you all there! :cool:

Currently writing up my 'festival kit' shopping list. I'll probably be going to Indie, Light Colour Sound Festival and Sea Sessions too.

http://images.mobilefun.com/graphics/450pixelp/37088.jpg

I wanna camp beside you, feck the sleep! :D

Some lovely Sunday night listening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Anyone think Eddie vedder is a realistic possibility.?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone think Eddie vedder is a realistic possibility.?

It is highly unlikely, the Portugal date is probably a once off, although he is good mates with Glen Hansard.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Kavinsky playing Sziget and Rock en Seine in the weeks coming up to EP. Would love if he was added.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Kavinsky playing Sziget and Rock en Seine in the weeks coming up to EP. Would love if he was added.

Kavinsky would be fantastic, any of the Ed Banger crew actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I love Kavinsky, but he really does nothing live except smoke.

• Advertisement

If we are going for French DJs I think EP should book Gesaffelstein as well, this is probably one of the best Boiler Room sets out there. I don't know what his touring schedule is for August but he is playing up to July at Melt Festival anyway according to his website. But seeing as he is based in France and if he is not touring the States at the time he could easily slot into a booking at the Picnic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement