Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeh they are not great with the signage for drinking water it has to be said, they were available at some of the loo areas but involved some walking.

On a different theme an ultimate small festival toy, I got one of these for my birthday, a Music Angel Friendz Ipod speaker. My mate from Denmark who I play Irish sessions with in Galway bought me one of these speakers made by a man called Baard Johannessen from Norway, its a tiny speaker about the width of my palm with a speaker each side of it and a tremendous crisp volume, actually more powerful than the MM80 for the size of the thing. It has a rechargeable lithium battery with 120 hours playback before it needs charged again, it can be charged from your computer via USB. So I gonna be blasting this out in the camp site in between frolics and gigs.

37088.jpg

There's an Irish website Blockbuy that sells them. Seem to be on sale too. Are they actually any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

BaZmO* wrote: »
    There's an Irish website Blockbuy that sells them. Seem to be on sale too. Are they actually any good?

Probably not the best example, but I think they sound great for their size and are incredibly portable and robust if you know what I mean.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Probably not the best example, but I think they sound great for their size and are incredibly portable and robust if you know what I mean.

It's generally hard to tell from a Youtube clip but there does seem to be a significant improvement. Might me worth picking one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Future Island's must see performance on Letterman

What a fit for Electric Picnic they would be!

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Future Island's must see performance on Letterman

What a fit for Electric Picnic they would be!

They seem to be touring up to about June 8th London's Field Day, so maybe there will be a second leg to the tour after June.
    http://www.future-islands.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So, whats the chances of some of the acts playing Longitude then playing EP? Not enough on the line up to entice me to buy a ticket but would be brilliant if some of them did EP.
    Like I would love to see Parquet Courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Duff wrote: »
    Kavinsky would be fantastic, any of the Ed Banger crew actually!
    Are Ed Banger actually still a thing?

I guess it'd be kinda fun from a nostalgic point of view, but I thought that electro-house was a transient fad that died out years ago, and no one except for the French cares about it any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Least effectively managed label of all time.
    Release a song, it becomes a hit, and then do **** all for 5 years until no one remembers you, then release an album.
    Rinse and repeat for everyone on the label.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Mince Pie wrote: »
    So, whats the chances of some of the acts playing Longitude then playing EP? Not enough on the line up to entice me to buy a ticket but would be brilliant if some of them did EP.
    Like I would love to see Parquet Courts.
    Parquet Courts played EP last year so that coupled with the fact they are at Longitude would effectively rule them out. Might be some crossover, but it'll likely be local acts that feature at both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Parquet Courts played EP last year so that coupled with the fact they are at Longitude would effectively rule them out. Might be some crossover, but it'll likely be local acts that feature at both.

FFS! Missed The Walkmen as well last year. Getting twitchy for another announcement now that I have me ticket. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

As did I, Factory Floor too (that was a biggy for me, raging with myself). Caught Parquet Courts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Wont be going and have a 3 trip loyalty number if its of use to anybody out there. Send me a PM.

Don't know if you can even do this but every little helps eh!;)

Gone..to first pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Are Ed Banger actually still a thing?

I guess it'd be kinda fun from a nostalgic point of view, but I thought that electro-house was a transient fad that died out years ago, and no one except for the French cares about it any more.

fad? far from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

id kill for Bonobo to be playing EP. looks like im heading to a day of Longitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

ohh yeah actually bonobo caught him in the Olympia last year - class act!!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Listened to the rest of the Future Island stuff, nothing really as memorable as Seasons but maybe it'll grow on me. Wouldn't be going out of my way to see em just yet anyway

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If we are talking about French dance acts id be very happy with C2C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Murmurs of Bowie playing Glastonbury in the Glastonbury thread. This all pie in the sky or is Bowie tipped strongly to do a legit tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Id say he'll do a tour. If he goes back to the U.K without announcing anything concrete id say he'd be locked in the tower of London and they won't let him out until he's done a gig!

But I seriously doubt he'll play picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭pale blue dot cotton

Depending on his dates, he'd be more suited to Slane than EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Was he due to play witness or oxygen one year and then cancelled cos he got hit by a lollipop at another gig and got injured

Or did I just make that up!

2004, I have the T in the Park twenty years book and thats when he cancelled T so I presume Oxegen too that year, I think the Darkness were upgraded from sub to headliner status.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Black Keys have just announced a new album coming out in May! Its gonna happen I can feel it!

Slightly off topic, Rfrip your not a King Crimson fan by any chance, its just your user name makes me think of Robert Fripp, no, or maybe I'm just stoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Slightly off topic, Rfrip your not a King Crimson fan by any chance, its just your user name makes me think of Robert Fripp, no, or maybe I'm just stoned.

Nope....:o

Is my eyes deceiving me or do I see Mika on the line up bill :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Is my eyes deceiving me or do I see Mika on the line up bill :eek:

Yea he is headlining electric arena on sat night

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Big girls you are beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

foolelle wrote: »
    Big girls you are beautiful

Diet coke and a pizza please!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Wild Beasts tweeted after their Olympia gig that they'll be back very soon and to keep our eyes peeled (Or something to that effect).

Would imagine it's EP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement