Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Would love to see the Japanese Popstars,Death in Vegas and DJ Shadow added....Saw all 3 at EP before and they were some of the best acts for me. Any of the 3 would be savage!

DJ Shadow doesn't seem to be touring for 2014 at all http://www.djshadow.com/tour

Resident Advisor has Death in Vegas last show this year so far for 21st March.
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/deathinvegas/dates?yr=2014

RA has Japanese Popstars last gig for March 2014.

This was a list I done earlier culled from festivals on around the same time of some artists that will be touring Europe around late August / early September.
    The Bloody Beetroots (LBT or EA)
    Richie Hawtin (EA - LBT was too small the last time in 2012)
    Darkside
    Franz Ferdinand (Although headliner status for EP)
    Cut Copy (LBT)
    Black Lips
    Kurt Vile
    Seasick Steve
    Paul Kalkbrenner (LBT)
    Booka Shade (LBT)
    Above and Beyond (LBT)
    Barrington Levy(Trenchtown or main stage)
    Horace Andy (Trenchtown or main stage)
    Goldie
    Caribou
    Jon Hopkins
    Mungos Hi Fi (Trenchtown)
    Dead Kennedys
    Martha Reeves and the Vandellas
    Jimmy Cliff (Trenchtown or main stage)
    Tinariwen
    Adrian Sherwood (Trenchtown)
    Major Lazer
    Wild Beasts
    Basement Jaxx
    Steve Mason
    Bonobo
    James Holden
    Los Campesinos
    Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip)
    Julio Bashmore
    Andrew Weatherall
    Michael Mayer
    Moderat

Now this is taken from 7 or 8 festivals around about the same time including Bestival and Festival No 6 in Wales. You will notice some of the acts are booked for Body & Soul festival but seeing as Body & Soul is also part of the Picnic watch this space.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a big headline dance act announced.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if there wasn't a big headline dance act announced.

Basement Jaxx would probably be a good contender then.

Basement Jaxx would probably be a good contender then.

Yeah it would seem like the most obvious one alright.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yeah it would seem like the most obvious one alright.

Yeh, there was Disclosure last year I suppose, but it felt different from usual, the big visual element that Orbital, Chemical Brothers, 2ManyDJs and Leftfield had was badly missing. You'll never know, they might still grab the Prodigy out of the bag they have a big feck off lighting rig which would more than do. If memory serves me Basement Jaxx headlined the Sunday night I think at EP as their set is varied, there is soft funky downbeat numbers, rocky stuff and a bit of hip hop, soul and dance too, so probably not as full on as the other lads mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Anyone buy tickets recently using the x3 discount code? TM site is saying "no more tickets of this type available" for a friend in work.
    Are they sold out?

Yeh, there was Disclosure last year I suppose, but it felt different from usual, the big visual element that Orbital, Chemical Brothers, 2ManyDJs and Leftfield had was badly missing. You'll never know, they might still grab the Prodigy out of the bag they have a big feck off lighting rig which would more than do. If memory serves me Basement Jaxx headlined the Sunday night I think at EP as their set is varied, there is soft funky downbeat numbers, rocky stuff and a bit of hip hop, soul and dance too, so probably not as full on as the other lads mentioned.

And Fatboy Slim. He had a decent light show.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

Are discounted tickets all sold out? When I put my 3 or more picnics discount code into ticket master for Instalment plan tickets it says "no tickets left for this promotion". They still have the more expensive tickets available. I didn't realise they would only have a limited number of discounted tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Ernest Oreo

any word on extra acts?

maybe Noel Gallagher and the Flying Birds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Ernest Oreo

or Beadie Eyes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Noel Gallagher isn't touring at the moment. I think he's working on an album. Beady Eye are touring at the moment. Can't find any info on their summer plans though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Anyone buy tickets recently using the x3 discount code? TM site is saying "no more tickets of this type available" for a friend in work.
    Are they sold out?
    Are discounted tickets all sold out? When I put my 3 or more picnics discount code into ticket master for Instalment plan tickets it says "no tickets left for this promotion". They still have the more expensive tickets available. I didn't realise they would only have a limited number of discounted tickets.
    for some reason, tickets get released in batches to Ticketmaster.

might have to wait a few hours/days but they should be back on sale. i can remember it happening with other events before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Hey, this may be a stupid question but regarding the installments. Do you put the payment through yourself or is it taken automatically from your account? Cos I need to know what date it will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It'll be taken from your account automatically. Around the 2nd of May and 2nd of June. If you happen to miss a payment, you can simply ring up and they'll take payment over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

AdMMM wrote: »
    It'll be taken from your account automatically. Around the 2nd of May and 2nd of June. If you happen to miss a payment, you can simply ring up and they'll take payment over the phone.

any idea if you get a bounced charge from your bank? Its not like its a direct debit agreement thats been set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

I've just paid for my loyalty ticket this morning. No problem getting through on the TM site and I went for the installment option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

any word on extra acts?

Can't see it.

for some reason, tickets get released in batches to Ticketmaster.

might have to wait a few hours/days but they should be back on sale. i can remember it happening with other events before.

Work friend tried this again a few min ago and it worked, so tickets seem to be active again!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

I've been volunteering the last three years now, Life fest, Body & Soul and Electric Picnic. I only done wristbanding once and that was at a small Cork festival in Skibbereen called Liss Ard in 2012. Perverted Coffee did you never do the advance volunteering, sounds like you just done the weekend thing. For advance most of the time we would be coordinating the cross roads directing appropriate traffic to correct areas or scrimming the fences (Putting covers over them so the outside couldn't look in). Its less stressful doing advance and more fun as you are then free to enjoy the weekend. I done all weekend volunteering in 2011 but you get priority for advance for the following year. What festivals did you work at yourself?

Indie, Vantastival, Temple House (when that was alive & well), Life, Cloankilty Waterfront Festival, No Place Like Dome and I know there's more I've forgotten about too. I was looking at doing advance volunteering but there doesn't seem to be any volunteering info anymore.

I was particularly interested in helping with art work and there used to be a festival art tribe but that seems to have died off too - either that or it's very cliquey and hard to break into. I found that with Body & Soul when I tried to volunteer there. I understand they have a lot of people taking the p*ss but I have loads of references from music and theater festivals (I've also done 10 Days in Dublin and Cork Midsummer) I thought that might make me a safe-ish bet... :p

PS: Just catching up on the rest of the thread now. Wow, sorry to have brought up a thorny subject - there's some real anti-volunteering sentiments here.

I do it because I get panicy in crowds of people; having tasks to do, knowing I have a purpose and feeling a little like part of the crew means I can actually go to a festival without having a massive panic attack. When I started I found it loads of fun getting to chat to punters and getting to know people as I put wristbands on them (some of whom I hung out with later on off-shift). Despite getting bored of wrist banding it's been amazing, I've met great people and I've never had a problem getting to see a band I liked.

Now back to shiny happy chatty boardsies! :D

Woo hoo got my loyalty ticket, roll on festival fever. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Would love to see modest mouse added to the line up, especially after last year's longitude disappointment

Indie, Vantastival, Temple House (when that was alive & well), Life, Cloankilty Waterfront Festival, No Place Like Dome and I know there's more I've forgotten about too. I was looking at doing advance volunteering but there doesn't seem to be any volunteering info anymore.

I was particularly interested in helping with art work and there used to be a festival art tribe but that seems to have died off too - either that or it's very cliquey and hard to break into. I found that with Body & Soul when I tried to volunteer there. I understand they have a lot of people taking the p*ss but I have loads of references from music and theater festivals (I've also done 10 Days in Dublin and Cork Midsummer) I thought that might make me a safe-ish bet... :p

PS: Just catching up on the rest of the thread now. Wow, sorry to have brought up a thorny subject - there's some real anti-volunteering sentiments here.

I do it because I get panicy in crowds of people; having tasks to do, knowing I have a purpose and feeling a little like part of the crew means I can actually go to a festival without having a massive panic attack. When I started I found it loads of fun getting to chat to punters and getting to know people as I put wristbands on them (some of whom I hung out with later on off-shift). Despite getting bored of wrist banding it's been amazing, I've met great people and I've never had a problem getting to see a band I liked.

Now back to shiny happy chatty boardsies! :D

Life is putting up applications online this week sometime, so if you want I can pm the facebook Life volunteers page to ya so you can join it, if you've volunteered before you might be in for a chance to do advanced. Did you register with Body&Soul both their applications for advance stewarding at B&S festival and B&S at EP is on their website, no harm to fill in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Life is putting up applications online this week sometime, so if you want I can pm the facebook Life volunteers page to ya so you can join it, if you've volunteered before you might be in for a chance to do advanced. Did you register with Body&Soul both their applications for advance stewarding at B&S festival and B&S at EP is on their website, no harm to fill in anyway.

That would be super! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Jack White just announced to play Kilmainham in June. Rule him out of EP ? Hope not

MGMTea wrote: »
    Jack White just announced to play Kilmainham in June. Rule him out of EP ? Hope not

Like jack white, everything he touches turns to gold! But is his solo stuff enough for a full Kilmainham gig??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Like jack white, everything he touches turns to gold! But is his solo stuff enough for a full Kilmainham gig??

Well he did do the 02 2 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Well he did do the 02 2 years ago?

Great gig that was. Love the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

any word on extra acts?

noel will be in dublin on his tour in autumn .. it was leaked a few weeks back by one of the session musicians.

beady eye are a good bet .. seen them in the olympia last year was really surprised how good they were. wasnt a big fan of their 1st album but 'BE' is unbelieveable. They also added in 'Live Forever' and 'Cigarettes and Alcohol' and 'Gimme Shelter' so that made the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭pale blue dot cotton

JackMcA wrote: »
    seen them in the olympia last year ... 'Gimme Shelter' so that made the night.

Really? I saw the YouTube upload a few days after the gig and it sounded painful.

Oh dear.... its gone horribly wrong!

****in terribble. Nice try

Liam sounds like a goat being anally raped (and not enjoying it).

This is so ****ing awful.

In keeping with the speculations though, I'd like to see The Pharcyde added. They're playing Bestival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

Really? I saw the YouTube upload a few days after the gig and it sounded painful.

Oh dear.... its gone horribly wrong!

****in terribble. Nice try

Liam sounds like a goat being anally raped (and not enjoying it).

This is so ****ing awful.

In keeping with the speculations though, I'd like to see The Pharcyde added. They're playing Bestival.

more than likely people who hated Oasis or Liam on that note.
    I told myself id never go see Beady Eye because their first album was absolutly awful but i have to say their new stuff is solid.
    ive seen noel loads of times and never thought they would be anywhere as good as him but they're just as good, well thats my opinion anyways

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement