Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

MGMTea wrote: »
    Jack White just announced to play Kilmainham in June. Rule him out of EP ? Hope not

Id say it does rule him out. Fcuk it!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Seriously wanting to go to this, so much so thinking about doing the tour de picnic.
    Anyone do it before? I would imagine it would be tough trying to raise 700 euro.(there's two of us) any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I seen Beady Eye at Oxegen in '11 and they were painful, couldn't wait til they got off the stage!

Seen Noel before Chili Peppers in Croke Park and he was actually alright, he played a few Oasis tunes as well, Don't Look Back in Anger, Little by Little and Talk Tonight were among them I think!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Beady eye playing EP , what is this Oxegen ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Beady eye playing EP , what is this Oxegen ;););)

Totally agree, keep mainstream crap out of EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

I can smell the snobbery from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

That's irony actually.

It would be snobbery if you just labelled them as sh*te without ever listening to them and snubbing them just because they are mainstream.

What is not snobbery is having seen them live and listened to some of their stuff and then saying that it's sh*te and keep it the hell out of EP :P

Although that said I would go see them if he played some Oasis tunes!

Almost got excited there. Was on Grandaddys website to look at tour dates and seen this "Friday, August 31st in Stradbally, Ireland @ Electric Picnic Tickets"

Then noticed it went up April 2012 :(

Just can't stand Liam Gallagher, if they were announced would just go to another stage I suppose, I have successfully avoided Sinead O'Connor the few times she has played EP, so all good.

• Advertisement

JackMcA wrote: »
    noel will be in dublin on his tour in autumn .. it was leaked a few weeks back by one of the session musicians.

beady eye are a good bet .. seen them in the olympia last year was really surprised how good they were. wasnt a big fan of their 1st album but 'BE' is unbelieveable. They also added in 'Live Forever' and 'Cigarettes and Alcohol' and 'Gimme Shelter' so that made the night.

They're really not.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

BadTurtle wrote: »
    They're really not.

fair enough whatever you think yourself

Beady Eye aren't exactly mainstream... But if they are touring id say there's a good chance they'll play. I love Oasis so id like to see them.

I give up trying to google general gig guides for late august, stupid search engine keeps giving results for March and April, even if I put late August 10 times into the search browser :mad:. I see Lloyd Cole is playing two Irish dates in Dublin and Wexford on the 30th and 31st August, so he could be slotted in for a Friday slot. Some group called Mordred playing at the London Academy on 25th August. Any techno savvy EP heads there good at checking myspace and the like. If I'm finding it hard to find possible contenders for the Picnic's stages, god knows what it must be like to be a festival booker, there is a lot of work in there trying to work out who is available.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Beady Eye aren't exactly mainstream... But if they are touring id say there's a good chance they'll play. I love Oasis so id like to see them.
    EP isn't known for giving lad rock much air time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Just mailed body and soul about making stuff or helping out with making stuff this year. It's my favourite area at EP

I dunno if you'd call Beady Eye "lad rock" they are different to Oasis.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I dunno if you'd call Beady Eye "lad rock" they are different to Oasis.

It's how they're most often described so I think you would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I give up trying to google general gig guides for late august, stupid search engine keeps giving results for March and April, even if I put late August 10 times into the search browser :mad:. I see Lloyd Cole is playing two Irish dates in Dublin and Wexford on the 30th and 31st August, so he could be slotted in for a Friday slot. Some group called Mordred playing at the London Academy on 25th August. Any techno savvy EP heads there good at checking myspace and the like. If I'm finding it hard to find possible contenders for the Picnic's stages, god knows what it must be like to be a festival booker, there is a lot of work in there trying to work out who is available.

End of the road is on the same weekend as the picnic so i'd imagine there'll be some crossover.
    http://www.endoftheroadfestival.com/content/whats-on/artists/

Edit: I see Bestival is on the following week. I love to get PSB over.

Any of the bands on the Bestival lineup not already booked for somewhere in Ireland are a good shout. Basement Jaxx are actually quite far down the bill there so we might actually get them. Major Lazer, SBTRKT and Wild Beasts could be added too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

last.fm is the best place to see who's touring.
    just check a few of the festivals on there, then can see what bands are touring, then click their Events pages to see what dates they have free/when they're touring too.

bookers get sent lists of acts touring by booking agents/tour managers many months in advance. EP will have known that many of the medium/big-sized acts will have an album out or will be touring this summer since well before Xmas.

Edit: I see Bestival is on the following week. I love to get PSB over.
    Pet Shop Boys are already announced for EP, unless i'm misunderstanding you?

Primal Scream Boys
    Porti Shed Boys
    Prodigy Shop Boys

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Pet Shop Boys are already announced for EP, unless i'm misunderstanding you?

PUBLIC SERVICE BROADCASTING

Jesus the fooking pet shop boys :( I didn't realise they were on the list.

Pet Shop Boys are more of an EP style act than Beady Eye.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    PUBLIC SERVICE BROADCASTING
    Ah yes, that makes sense, especially as Pet Shop Boys aren't even playing Bestival :pac:

I wonder what are the chances of The Happy Mondays playing. Probably not everybody's cup of tea but I'd love to see them.

Are they still alive?

• Advertisement

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Are they still alive?

Just about, and back touring too. I'd say they could be booked for a couple of trays of Tesco Lager and a bag of yokes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement