Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Pet Shop Boys are more of an EP style act than Beady Eye.

I want to see bands I like, I couldn't give less of a fúck if they're "an E.P style" band or not! What does that even mean? It just sounds like something pretentious music snobs would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Just about, and back touring too. I'd say they could be booked for a couple of trays of Tesco Lager and a bag of yokes.

Did Happy Mondays not play Sea Sessions last year or the year before?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

MadYaker wrote: »
    I want to see bands I like, I couldn't give less of a fúck if they're "an E.P style" band or not! What does that even mean? It just sounds like something pretentious music snobs would say.

The whole "EP style band" is a load of nonsense. James Blunt played the main stage one year ffs.

Didn't realise The Stranglers were on the list, they should be good.

Never heard of this guy before but he looks mental:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Well if there was no such thing as an EP style band why don't they book Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Eminem, Kings of Leon etc? Why do the likes of Portishead, Roxy Music, Sigur Ros headline? They're not particularly big draws, and EP could easily afford to get someone like Kings of Leon in instead and get a bigger crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I wonder what are the chances of The Happy Mondays playing. Probably not everybody's cup of tea but I'd love to see them.

I'd settle for just seeing Bez hopping around the stage like a headcase haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I'd settle for just seeing Bez hopping around the stage like a headcase haha

He's a bit busy with his new political career.

Well if there was no such thing as an EP style band why don't they book Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Eminem, Kings of Leon etc? Why do the likes of Portishead, Roxy Music, Sigur Ros headline? They're not particularly big draws, and EP could easily afford to get someone like Kings of Leon in instead and get a bigger crowd.

Maybe because all the artists you listed there are sh!te apart from Kings of Leon? Kings Of Leon's earlier stuff is good though I doubt you'd hear much of that at a gig and they are playing Marlay Park anyway.

That said id probably be happy enough with Calvin Harris late at night in one of the tents with a load of drink in me. What I wouldn't like though is the amount of scummers that such an act could draw to the festival.

Maybe because all the artists you listed there are sh!te apart from Kings of Leon? Kings Of Leon's earlier stuff is good though I doubt you'd hear much of that at a gig and they are playing Marlay Park anyway.

That said id probably be happy enough with Calvin Harris late at night in one of the tents with a load of drink in me. What I wouldn't like though is the amount of scummers that such an act could draw to the festival.

So EP don't book ****e bands? So there is an EP style of band?
    FYI, Beady Eye are also ****e, hence why EP won't book them. :D Glad we sorted that out.

The conclusion you're drawing there is illogical but anyway, EP often book sh!te bands. Every year there's a few dodgy selections.

Beady Eye aren't the best ever, but they are talented musicians, even if Liam can't sing properly anymore. I still want to see them, I like a few songs on the second album and they always play a few Oasis tunes and tbh they are closest thing to Oasis at the moment.

I'm still waiting to hear The Black Keys say they are headlining on the Sunday night.

• Advertisement

I'm well aware EP book ****e bands, I was joking. Your argument for why EP don't book the likes of Eminem is because they're ****e, which is fairly subjective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Wouldn't mind some quality drum n bass act this year, some if the last few haven't been great. The likes of Audio or Ed Rush would be great for one of the late night smaller stage slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

I'm well aware EP book ****e bands, I was joking. Your argument for why EP don't book the likes of Eminem is because they're ****e, which is fairly subjective.

since you seem to think you know all, who do you want to be added to the lineup?

I've heard Damon Albarn, Caribou and Chromeo could be added, which would be great, then less likely: Basement Jaxx, Run The Jewels, SBTRKT and Hudson Mohawke.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

I've heard Damon Albarn, Caribou and Chromeo could be added, which would be great, then less likely: Basement Jaxx, Run The Jewels, SBTRKT and Hudson Mohawke.

Is RTJ anything more than pure hopefulness?

Afraid not, I've seen them announced for a few festivals but I have no idea what their schedule is like or if theyre free around EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AhWhatNow

Got my ticket today :D From the predictions going around, I'd most like to see Moderat, Major Lazer, Gesaffelstein, Above and Beyond, The Bloody Beetroots, or Boys Noize be announced. I was hoping for Robyn and Royksopp's Do it again tour to make an appearance, but that seems a bit unlikely now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Would only love to see Die Antwoord announced m, not sure how likely that is though

Playing reading and Leeds a week before..oh please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

GenieOz wrote: »
    Would only love to see Die Antwoord announced m, not sure how likely that is though

they would be epic in the most bat****teringly insane way possible

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

Sent an email requesting a discount code yesterday. No reply as yet. Does anyone know if it takes a few days? Bit worried about previous posts mentioning that the promo might be finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

cbmonstra wrote: »
    Sent an email requesting a discount code yesterday. No reply as yet. Does anyone know if it takes a few days? Bit worried about previous posts mentioning that the promo might be finished.

I'd send it to Ticketmaster as well. Seem to be much quicker at getting back to people.

GenieOz wrote: »

Die Antwoord with Aphex Twin would be even better :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Any chance we could get Wilco at this? They're playing a festival on the 4th of September, don't seem to have anything else on.

Nightmares On Wax seem to be active around August they are playing Beacons Festival, UK on 9th August so could be a possible addition, I missed them the last time they played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Nightmares On Wax seem to be active around August they are playing Beacons Festival, UK on 9th August so could be a possible addition, I missed them the last time they played.

You deserve some sort of award for the research you're doing on behalf of this thread bodhrandude :)
    Hope at least some of the ones you mentioned happen..

I saw the bloody beetroots in 2010 I think it was. They were ok.

I saw the bloody beetroots in 2010 I think it was. They were ok.

That was a pretty action packed day, off to see Hot Chip at the Electric Arena, followed by a bit of the LCD SoundSystem and then onto the Little Big Tent for the Bloody Beetroots and I still managed to catch two tracks by Leftfield too. First saw the Bloody Beetroots at RockNess festival on the same year where they were pretty amazing, I suppose it was the bonkers Scottish audience that made the atmosphere more so, caught the full Leftfield set there too which is why I didn't watch the full one at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

That was a pretty action packed day, off to see Hot Chip at the Electric Arena, followed by a bit of the LCD SoundSystem and then onto the Little Big Tent for the Bloody Beetroots and I still managed to catch two tracks by Leftfield too. First saw the Bloody Beetroots at RockNess festival on the same year where they were pretty amazing, I suppose it was the bonkers Scottish audience that made the atmosphere more so, caught the full Leftfield set there too which is why I didn't watch the full one at EP.

i don't do yokes but i was as high as a kite after the 3 hours or so in which hot chip and LCD soundsystem played-2 blinding gigs to follow eachother!

So will the next announcement be possibly on Monday 21st April, seeing as the deadline for early birds is over on the 18th, its usually on Mondays these things happen, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

So will the next announcement be possibly on Monday 21st April, seeing as the deadline for early birds is over on the 18th, its usually on Mondays these things happen, I think.

More then likely

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement