Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Nightmares On Wax seem to be active around August they are playing Beacons Festival, UK on 9th August so could be a possible addition, I missed them the last time they played.

Seen them in 09, it was like 1pm Sunday in the electric arena, shame it wasn't later! They were giving it loads! despite the silent possibly hung over cappuccino sipping crowd!
    Enjoyed it would definitely see them again!

Wouldn't mind some quality drum n bass act this year, some if the last few haven't been great. The likes of Audio or Ed Rush would be great for one of the late night smaller stage slots.

NordieSteve I think you're "totally addicted to bass....who oo ahoo oow"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

roll wrote: »
    i don't do yokes but i was as high as a kite after the 3 hours or so in which hot chip and LCD soundsystem played-2 blinding gigs to follow eachother!

They were 2 amazing shows, especially since I went into LCD Soundsystem thinking this would be my last ever opportunity to see them live which made it all the more special. I ended up at Leftfield after it and couldn't be bothered trekking over to Bloody Beetroots as planned so would be happy to see them announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

And now I have just seen that Rock en Seine festival has updated their line up on the 25th March with a few additions so some of these could be added too.
    Blondie
    Volbeat
    Janelle Monae
    Kavinsky (Outrun Live)
    Thurston Moore
    Airbourne
    Emilie Simon

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Would love to see Thuston Moore added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Myself and 5 friends have all got our tickets now.
    Great stuff. Listened to everyone on the lineup that has something released (apart from Paolo Nutini)
    Definitely gonna go see (if they're not clashing)
    Portishead
    Beck
    OutKast
    Foals
    St Vincent
    Flume
    SOHN
    Slowdive
    Temples

And then time permitting also FKA Twigs, Metronomy, Chic, Omar Souleyman, Kaytranada, John Wizards, Stranglers, Simple Minds, Malkmus and London Grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Great stuff. Listened to everyone on the lineup that has something released (apart from Paolo Nutini)
    Portishead
    Beck
    OutKast
    Foals
    St Vincent
    Flume
    SOHN
    Slowdive
    Temples

And then time permitting also FKA Twigs, Metronomy, Chic, Omar Souleyman, Kaytranada, John Wizards, Stranglers, Simple Minds, Malkmus and London Grammar.

Jaysus, and that's only from the first announcement! When are you planning on getting the sauce into ye?!

Early in the morning up for cans, then into the arena around 2 with a double naggin, then back to the campsite around 5 or 6 (there's usually a lull there) polish off a few more cans and back in with the remains of the double naggin (or
    more likely, a new naggin because the double is gone). That's worked a treat most years, save for when I was too drunk to find Foals in 2010 and spent the entire time at Jonsi instead, thinking he was Foals.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Portishead
    Beck
    OutKast
    Foals
    St Vincent
    Flume
    SOHN
    Slowdive
    Temples

So everyone then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

That's worked a treat most years, save for when I was too drunk to find Foals in 2010 and spent the entire time at Jonsi instead, thinking he was Foals.

Too funny! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

PadraigOK wrote: »
    So everyone then?

Everyone except the PSBs. And who could blame them. The horror!

EP: The Yearly Journey

First stage anxiety: Will it go ahead this year?

First stage excitement: Yes it will, woo hoo!

Second stage anxiety: Court case? F*ck Sake. Will they be too busy dragging their heels in mediation to book decent acts?

Second stage excitement: They did book decent acts, and the loyalty ticket plan is still in place….woo hoo!

(Aside: hipster accusations and debate in full swing at this point, as are tent size and alcohol smuggling related queries.)

Third stage anxiety: The worst of all EP related anxieties. Discount code anxiety!

Third stage excitement: Some hipster has made an EP 2014 playlist on Spotify. Woo hoo!

Fourth stage excitement: anticipation of next announcement leads to fevered discussion of possible additions, lead by super sleuths on the musical web trail.

Fourth stage anxiety: Speculation around favourite acts being added, such as Jack White, raises hopes only for them to be dashed when it becomes clear it's not going to happen. We'll call it addition anxiety.

(Aside. Addition anxiety can lead, and has lead to 'scumbag' anxiety. Be careful).

Still to come: gig clash anxiety, funfair noise pollution anxiety, phone charge anxiety, woods raving orientation anxiety, Sunday influx anxiety…….but mostly, huge, huge EXCITEMENT!!!!

* This pointless post was the result of work avoidance and deadline denial. Apologies! :-)

^^^^^ wish I could thank that twice!

PadraigOK wrote: »
    So everyone then?

Almost. No PSB, Lily Allen, Paolo Nutini, White Denim, Annie Mac or Laura Mvula. No interest in seeing any of them. Although I may get too drunk and end up thinking they're OutKast or something.

Almost. No PSB, Lily Allen, Paolo Nutini, White Denim, Annie Mac or Laura Mvula. No interest in seeing any of them. Although I may get too drunk and end up thinking they're OutKast or something.

Have you seen this video? I'd like to tap into a little bit of that joy! Visually, it's so stylish and different! Admittedly, I really only know this and one other tune right now.

Sorry guys, what's the ticketmaster address for the discount code? Can't find it.

Sorry guys, what's the ticketmaster address for the discount code? Can't find it.

You have to send the query via their website. Contact us - blahblahblah - up pops contact box for query.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Everyone except the PSBs. And who could blame them. The horror!

Pet Shop Boys are up there with Arcade Fire for best EP shows for me, stunning set, have never seen them anywhere else but they put on a great gig back in .....?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Pet Shop Boys are up there with Arcade Fire for best EP shows for me, stunning set, have never seen them anywhere else but they put on a great gig back in .....?

Yeah I saw them at oxegen years ago in one of the tents, hadn't any interest in seeing them but the weather was so bad I couldn't go see doves ( I think it was) on the main stage. They were brilliant, will def go see them again this year

Rfrip wrote: »
    Yeah I saw them at oxegen years ago in one of the tents, hadn't any interest in seeing them but the weather was so bad I couldn't go see doves ( I think it was) on the main stage. They were brilliant, will def go see them again this year

That was a great gig……yes, it was Doves who were on at the same time. Our group divided, and we all still claim we made the right decision.

• Advertisement

sadie06 wrote: »
    That was a great gig……yes, it was Doves who were on at the same time. Our group divided, and we all still claim we made the right decision.

Yep right decision!the dancers and stage were class! God the weather was so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I was too drunk to find Foals in 2010 and spent the entire time at Jonsi instead, thinking he was Foals.

I did something similar that year too. I was looking at eels in the crawdaddy tent, but when they sang 'say hello' i realised that i went one tent too far and was watching marc almond in tipb tent.

Stumbled accross to catch the end of the eels set. Mangled!!

If Temples don't play Sand Dance at EP I might bottle them.

Never heard of them tbh, just you tubing em now, like em a lot. Can see myself nodding my head along to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭pale blue dot cotton

customer.services@ticketmaster.ie

OR

Picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

This was the year they were going to allow glass bottles, not with comments like that.
    Thanks, BadTurtle, ruin it for everyone./

I meant make a tiny scale model of them and put it in a glass bottle.

Early in the morning up for cans, then into the arena around 2 with a double naggin, then back to the campsite around 5 or 6 (there's usually a lull there) polish off a few more cans and back in with the remains of the double naggin (or
    more likely, a new naggin because the double is gone). That's worked a treat most years, save for when I was too drunk to find Foals in 2010 and spent the entire time at Jonsi instead, thinking he was Foals.

How did you fair out with getting the double naggin in last year?
    Normally can do it myself Fri no probs, but Sunday in particular was impossible!
    What I saved on the €150 ticket I spent on booze inside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

I had no bother, bought two litre bottles of bacardi dark rum and two 12 packs of Heineken. I am planning on heading down on the Friday morning and getting a good place to camp. Near the showers and bogs hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I had no bother, bought two litre bottles of bacardi dark rum and two 12 packs of Heineken. I am planning on heading down on the Friday morning and getting a good place to camp. Near the showers and bogs hopefully.

I assume you mean you brought that to the campsite, not the arena? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement