Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Got my discount code today ohh babbbbbbbbbbbby it's on 8)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

Johnny Marr is playing Leopardstown Live on Thursday 7th august, so maybe not EP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭endainoz

So just tried to use my loyalty code for two tickets on the installment plan and got this message:

"We're sorry, there are no more tickets available for this promotion."

I used a code for three picnics.

Anyone else have the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

endainoz wrote: »
    So just tried to use my loyalty code for two tickets on the installment plan and got this message:

Its just a generic answer, just refresh or press F5 every half hour or so, apparently the tickets are put out in batches, so the last batch or so must have finished so that message gets shown till a fresh batch is put up again.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

A bit of Beck's set from Coachella. I think he was cut short in the middle of Where It's At (can't believe they can literally just cut the sound mid-song :eek:), but he does a good rendition of One Foot in the Grave with the harmonica and his kid on tambourine. The full set was basically an overview of his entire discography, not just focused on the new material. Sounds great, to be honest. I was wondering if the new songs would work at a festival, but it sounds like he knows what's suitable to play in festival setting.

• Advertisement

A bit of Beck's set from Coachella. I think he was cut short in the middle of Where It's At (can't believe they can literally just cut the sound mid-song :eek:), but he does a good rendition of One Foot in the Grave with the harmonica and his kid on tambourine. The full set was basically an overview of his entire discography, not just focused on the new material. Sounds great, to be honest. I was wondering if the new songs would work at a festival, but it sounds like he knows what's suitable to play in festival setting.

Aw man I can't believe I'm actually gonna get to see Beck, I was blown away by the performance too that is in the RTE archives, I can't remember if its the late 1990s or 2002, but fecking amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

endainoz wrote: »

Yeah I had the same problem, just sent them a PM on facebook and they sent me another code which worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭endainoz

Jello wrote: »
    Yeah I had the same problem, just sent them a PM on facebook and they sent me another code which worked fine.

I e-mailed them, said they would reply with another code, havent got it yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

nocoverart wrote: »
    I always get goosebumps when I hear this from The Felice Brothers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcAi8JAHO-8

They'd be a great addition!

&1 absolute class, love to see them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Sorry if its been asked but can someone tell me how to get my discount code?
    Have the photo ready of all my wristbands

• Advertisement

david75 wrote: »
    Sorry if its been asked but can someone tell me how to get my discount code?
    Have the photo ready of all my wristbands

customer.services@ticketmaster.ie

OR

Picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com

Speaking of weather, does anyone remember the biblical rain a few years back?

Still gives me nightmares to this day. Coldest wettest 24 hours of my life.

If there is a hell it's putting on what you'd hoped would be dry jeans only to find them totally sodden but having no option.

Hell. Pure hell

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

ah yes..... trying to sleep in between the puddles in my tent on the sunday night and getting up at 3am as i thought the tent would be blown down... took a few days to recover from that one!

Slept in a porch of a tent that night it was miserable..

Lost my coat at the last act before the heavens opened it was bloody awful!

We had two tents. Both flooded utterly. It was horrible. Slept in wet clothes. All my hopefully dry clothes were soaked.
    The train station next day was like a refugee camp.
    My OH in his eternal wisdom wore skinny jeans. He couldn't get them back on. They'd shrank. He came home in a throw and a black plastic bag around his waist. I can laugh at that haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Got lucky with the weather last year, how much do you find it effects the experience if it is bucketing rain for the weekend? I remember at Oxegen one year the heavens opened all weekend, I honestly couldn't hack it, completely ruined the weekend for me. I'm a bit older now though so hoping it wouldn't have the same effect if it were to rain at any festivals this summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Got lucky with the weather last year, how much do you find it effects the experience if it is bucketing rain for the weekend? I remember at Oxegen one year the heavens opened all weekend, I honestly couldn't hack it, completely ruined the weekend for me. I'm a bit older now though so hoping it wouldn't have the same effect if it were to rain at any festivals this summer!

Thought people get less resilient as they get older ;)

My favourite band in the universe could be playing but if its raining itd just ruin it.
    Cannot stand it. Haaaaaaaaate being sodden and cold

Weather was wonderful last year. And we're due for a lovely summer by most accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

So what do people reckon, might there be an Easter Monday announcement? Hopefully there is another one next week, already think lineup is great but eager to see who else'll be added.

Good site this for checking what other festivals be on around same time: http://www.festivalsearcher.com/festivalscalendar.aspx
    Looking at acts playing late August I'd love to see Kavinsky, Major Lazer, Die Antword, SBTRKT playing, and of the highly unlikely, it be great if QOTSA or Blondie were added!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I have a full (3+ Picnics Attended Loyalty) discount code if anybody wants it. First PM gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

I have a 174.50 code if anyone wants it. 1st pm gets it. GONE!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I have a full (3+ Picnics Attended Loyalty) discount code if anybody wants it. First PM gets it.

PM sent

Good weather changes the whole vibe of the thing, it's amazing when the weather is great :)

It's like when the sun shines for 2 weeks in summer and everyone goes a bit crazy and is nice and easy going only it's better at E.P!

Here's a pic I took of the last bita sun at e.p in the campsite :)

http://distilleryimage0.ak.instagram.com/7b8159d01be211e3895f22000a9e4895_7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Oh man, just looked up Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks setlists, and they're playing Pavement covers :D

Summer Babe, Box Elder and Stereo at recent ones, could you imagine Summer Babe at EP :O

I can see it now, few beers, nice sunny day and then boom

A man can dream.

:cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Who do people want in the next installment? Warning mine do include a few Oxegen bands :eek::eek::eek::eek: :pac:

Jimmy Eat World - Yea they have played Oxegen a few times but if you look at their demographic most fans would be in mid/late 20's and up + they will go down better than the last Oxegen they were at

Janelle Monae - Have her on the same day as Outkast so she can join Big Boi for Tightrope

Editors - Another Oxegen band but could easily go down well at EP

Frank Turner - Would suit maybe mid way up in the Electric Arena or maybe 3rd stage

Gogol Bordello - Would be a fun band to see early on the Main Stage

Manic Street Preachers- Perfect EP band imo

Placebo - Can be hit or miss live

Basement Jaxx - Late night dance act

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

Who do people want in the next installment? Warning mine do include a few Oxegen bands :eek::eek::eek::eek: :pac:

Jimmy Eat World - Yea they have played Oxegen a few times but if you look at their demographic most fans would be in mid/late 20's and up + they will go down better than the last Oxegen they were at

Janelle Monae - Have her on the same day as Outkast so she can join Big Boi for Tightrope

Frank Turner - Would suit maybe mid way up in the Electric Arena or maybe 3rd stage

You shouldn't have to defend acts for having played Oxegen, your taste is your taste and you shouldn't let the EP snobs tell you otherwise, Oxegen has had some good acts in the past!
    Personally from your list I'd love to see Placebo on there, would definitely check out Jimmy Eat World if they played too. I'd love Darkside for the dance add. I know Jagwar Ma played last year but they killed it and I'd love to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I would probably go to see all of these acts, even though I'm not a massive fan of any other than Placebo. Jimmy Eat World would be good craic; Janelle Monae was really enjoyable in 2010 even though I had no clue who she was; Editors have some songs I really like (and others I really don't), same can be said for Basement Jaxx and Manics. Would be delighted to see Gogol Bordello.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Wild Beasts, Real Estate, Granddaddy, Local Natives, Interpol if they played only there 1st 2 albums :P

Someone like F*ck Buttons or Flying Lotus would be cool too.

Volcano Choir as well maybe?

No idea how available any of them are, except Wild Beasts seem to have a slot available for the Friday or Saturday!

Would Phoenix be too big to be announced now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 listenshh

First time poster and I shall be kind, I have a spare 3 ep discount code. Who wants it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement