Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Japanese Popstars
    Moderat
    QOTSA
    Sh*t Robot
    Ben Klock
    Chemical Brothers

One can hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

The rain doesn't worry me. I survived drownload 2012, absolute Insanity. Reassuring myself it can't be worse than that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

Just bought tickets for a festival near me away from dumpy old Ireland. e75 for two days. You have to laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Thomas D wrote: »
    Just bout tickets for a festival near me away from dumpy old Ireland. e75 for two days. You have to laugh.

If I read that correctly, you've just bought tickets in a different country for €75?? Whats the line up for that? And where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Lads, am I right in saying that all tickets are full price after Friday?

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    1549435_10152343110174168_2178541630863008665_n.png

tickets will then be €194.50

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭pale blue dot cotton

Just bought tickets for a festival near me away from dumpy old Ireland. e75 for two days. You have to laugh.

Why would we laugh? You haven't provided any lineup and come across as another one of them smug emigraters.

I did laugh though. At you.

Why would we laugh? You haven't provided any lineup and come across as another one of them smug emigraters.

I did laugh though. At you.

It's weird when you go abroad and get some perspective. I do genuinely chuckle at people posting ten months in advance about some pissy festival being the highlight of their little lives. It's the a mindset that only sees the few streets and fields around them and accepts it. Accepts the e240 tickets for a so so music festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Wild Beasts, Real Estate, Granddaddy, Local Natives, Interpol if they played only there 1st 2 albums :P

Someone like F*ck Buttons or Flying Lotus would be cool too.

Volcano Choir as well maybe?

No idea how available any of them are, except Wild Beasts seem to have a slot available for the Friday or Saturday!

Would Phoenix be too big to be announced now?

F&ck Buttons and Flying Lotus are both on the Saturday of Forbidden Fruit. Should be a good one. Flying Lotus' 3D stuff looks pretty incredible. Hopefully it will be dark enough on the night to come across well

It's weird when you go abroad and get some perspective. I do genuinely chuckle at people posting ten months in advance about some pissy festival being the highlight of their little lives. It's the a mindset that only sees the few streets and fields around them and accepts it. Accepts the e240 tickets for a so so music festival.

Oh well thanks so much for enlightening us with your nuggets of divine wisdom. Oh how well travelled you must be.
    Reckon you should just keep on travelling and sort out your sweeping generalisations, you obviously still have a lot to learn.
    This is a thread about a particular festival and not about one upmanship.

p.s, I have seen plenty of the world and I can still get excited about spending quality time with my friends listening to good music whatever the cost. Thats fecking priceless!
    You have yet to regale us about this amazing festival you have gotten tickets for, for the bargain price of €75.00. Care to share??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Who do people want in the next installment?

In no particular order, some probably have no chance of playing but I'd love:

Jimmy Eat World.
    Gaslight Anthem.
    Cage The Elephant.
    QOTSA.
    Alt-J.
    Justice.
    Gesaffelstein.
    Kavinsky.
    Boys Noize.
    Chromeo.

C'mon EP gods.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Oh well thanks so much for enlightening us with your nuggets of divine wisdom. Oh how well travelled you must be.
    Reckon you should just keep on travelling and sort out your sweeping generalisations, you obviously still have a lot to learn.
    This is a thread about a particular festival and not about one upmanship.

p.s, I have seen plenty of the world and I can still get excited about spending quality time with my friends listening to good music whatever the cost. Thats fecking priceless!
    You have yet to regale us about this amazing festival you have gotten tickets for, for the bargain price of €75.00. Care to share??????

That sums up the biggest problem with Ireland. Whatever the cost. Who cares, it's only money. Sure you need to live somewhere, who cares about the cost. Spend it. Those looking for value will have to sit at home or leave the country.

Look what happened when people voted with their feet (the idiots just didn't have the money to spend). The price dropped by a huge amount. Still a rip off for a broke country. Yet I'm living in a far richer place and big festivals can be attended for 75 quid. That's expected around here.

That sums up the biggest problem with Ireland. Whatever the cost. Who cares, it's only money. Sure you need to live somewhere, who cares about the cost. Spend it. Those looking for value will have to sit at home or leave the country.

Look what happened when people voted with their feet (the idiots just didn't have the money to spend). The price dropped by a huge amount. Still a rip off for a broke country. Yet I'm living in a far richer place and big festivals can be attended for 75 quid. That's expected around here.

I've lived abroad for 11 years and only returned last year so what the hell are you talking about. The standard price for a festival in the UK and Ireland is around that price. How do you expect a decent line up for less? Its still a bargain consdering the average cost of a gig ticket is in and around 40e.

Still waiting for you to enlighten us about this land of milk and honey you have found with festivals for €75??? What is the festival you are talking about seeing as we're just a bunch of fecking eejits with noo sense and throwing our money down the shítter?
    Or are you just here to deliberately wind people up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

He's living in Holland.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Don't like electric picnic, think its too expensive? The solution is twofold my friend. Firstly, don't go. Secondly, DEFINITELY don't waste your time discussing a festival you're not even going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Who do people want in the next installment?

Sun Araw & Laraji
    Sun Kil Moon
    Follakzoid
    De La Soul
    Tortoise
    Plaid
    Damon Albarn

I'm a bit auld so not up on these new bands but I'd like to see (most unlikely)

Parquet Courts
    The Walkmen (deffo no chance)
    Dan Le Sac and Scoobius Pip
    Hamsandwich
    O Emperor
    Foo Fighters
    De La Soul
    Damon Albarn
    Hozier
    QOTSA
    Jack White/ The Dead Weather

I know most of them are a deffo no way but its working its way to an ideal line up.

Some of you have awful taste in music. QOTSA are not an electric picnic band. Foo fighters FFS.It was never a bog standard rock festival although it's heading that way.

Some of you have awful taste in music. QOTSA are not an electric picnic band. Foo fighters FFS.It was never a bog standard rock festival although it's heading that way.

Sure wouldn't it be shíte if we all has the same tastes? QOTSA aren't an EP band but Arctic Monkeys (who based a whole album trying to sound like QOTSA) are? What's the difference between Franz Ferdinand and Foo Fighters?, they're both in the 'Rock' genre after all..:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I'm a bit auld so not up on these new bands but I'd like to see (most unlikely)

Parquet Courts
    The Walkmen (deffo no chance)
    Dan Le Sac and Scoobius Pip
    Hamsandwich
    O Emperor
    Foo Fighters
    De La Soul
    Damon Albarn
    Hozier
    QOTSA
    Jack White/ The Dead Weather

I know most of them are a deffo no way but its working its way to an ideal line up.

They might be added after since they are playing Kilkenny August Bank Holiday Weekend

They might be added after since they are playing Kilkenny August Bank Holiday Weekend

That would be brilliant! :D Can't wait for the next announcement. Is there likely to be one over the weekend once the loyalty discount ends?

And just curious but when do we start hearing which comedy acts will be there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Don't feed the trolls :P They just come back for more!!

Don't feed the trolls :P They just come back for more!!

Aye, I'm not playing anymore. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would like:
    Gesaffelstein
    Jon Hopkins
    Aphex Twin
    Mr Scruff
    Thurston Moore
    Kavinsky
    The Bloody Beetroots
    The Prodigy
    Horace Andy
    Major Lazer
    Moderat
    Blondie

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I'd lose my shít if Blondie was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

They'd fit in nicely at the Robert Plant "legend" slot on the Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

They'd fit in nicely at the Robert Plant "legend" slot on the Sat.

No such slot actually exists, it's more of a Glastonbury thing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

No such slot actually exists, it's more of a Glastonbury thing :P

Ha I know, I remember people giving off about it a few pages back, but they genuinely would!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

A probably not at all realistic wishlist mostly taken from other suggestions so far would be:
    Aphex Twin
    Kavinsky
    Bloody Beetroots
    Dan le Sac & Scroobius Pip
    And So I Watch You From Afar
    Damon Albarn
    QotSA (I'd imagine there's little to no chance of this)
    Cage The Elephant
    Gaslight Anthem
    Gogol Bordello
    Janelle Monae
    Placebo
    Japanese Popstars
    Blondie
    The Black Keys

If two or three of these were announced I'd be quite surprised but very happy.

Gaslight Anthem are wrapping up a new album at the minute so there is a chance they might be touring in the summer. I'd be the happiest fecker at EP if they're announced. Hands down my favourite band ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I've no idea who is realistic or not, so I'm just looking at the Bestival line up and seeing who I would like from that, of them I would love to see any of;

Basement Jaxx
    Skream
    Eats Everything
    The 2 Bears
    Boys Noize
    Horse Meat Disco
    Route 94
    SBTRKT

and I have to say I would love to see Blondie, wherever all of you are getting her from!

Still wondering whatever happened with Chromeo on one of the posters that was released? Very much looking forward to the next batch of acts announced, really hoping for some good electronic acts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement