Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I've no idea who is realistic or not, so I'm just looking at the Bestival line up and seeing who I would like from that, of them I would love to see any of;

Basement Jaxx
    Skream
    Eats Everything
    The 2 Bears
    Boys Noize
    Horse Meat Disco
    Route 94
    SBTRKT

and I have to say I would love to see Blondie, wherever all of you are getting her from!

Still wondering whatever happened with Chromeo on one of the posters that was released? Very much looking forward to the next batch of acts announced, really hoping for some good electronic acts.

She was added recently to the Rock en Seine festival in France the weekend before the Picnic. This is her tour schedule She is listed for another show in France on 31st August so that leaves 30th and 29th free in her schedule.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Maybe we can expect Chromeo in the next announcement? They seem to be getting lots of praise after their Coachella performance last weekend.

I watched some of Outkast i do agree what people were saying about Andre , the first few songs you could see he was on form then after Big Boi's solo stuff he just didnt care. Maybe that was to do with the crowd so fingers crossed for a good gig in August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Thomas D wrote: »
    Some of you have awful taste in music. QOTSA are not an electric picnic band. Foo fighters FFS.It was never a bog standard rock festival although it's heading that way.

Lad I think it's fairly obvious no one gives a shît what you think on this thread. Tip on.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Stuart Braithwaite (he of Mogwai fame) confirmed last night on Twitter in a Q&A that they are playing EP this year. MADE.UP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I get the 'EP type of band' thing but were gonna see it get dragged back to the middle more and more. Happening already in a way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Stuart Braithwaite (he of Mogwai fame) confirmed last night on Twitter in a Q&A that they are playing EP this year. MADE.UP.

Cheers for the heads up, great addition.

Beyond Mogwai, bands I'd like (that have a chance at being added, so no Black Keys, QOTSA, Aphex Twin etc):
    Chromeo
    Damon Albarn
    Caribou
    Run The Jewels
    Hudson Mohawke
    Basement Jaxx
    Deafheaven
    Death Grips

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Caribou
    Run The Jewels
    Deafheaven
    Death Grips
    Yes, yes, yes and YES! In fact, that's my listening for today sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Was just talking the other night saying they were the band I wanted announced, delighted!

kellso81 wrote: »
    Was just talking the other night saying they were the band I wanted announced, delighted!
    They're playing Glasto but chances are they'll headline the Park/JP on the Fri/Sat and I'll likely be elsewhere (Arcade Fire/Pixies probably). So this has been music to my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

The comedy acts are only added close enough to the festival aren't they?

Dylan Moran and DOD are my favourite Irish comedians though so doubt they'll top last years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

The Gods are with me this year! Electric Arena please!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Sure Albarn will play, seeing as he hasn't announced a separate gig?.. Cos obviously Ireland is the centre of the universe, and artists don't feel that they've "made it" until they play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Sure Albarn will play, seeing as he hasn't announced a separate gig?.. Cos obviously Ireland is the centre of the universe, and artists don't feel that they've "made it" until they play here.

Well seeing as the last 4 times he's toured he's played here, yes it's a good bet.

Condescending posts really make this thread magical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

GenieOz wrote: »
    Condescending posts really make this thread magical.

As do patronising ones ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭pale blue dot cotton

I've a discount code for a €154.50 ticket. First PM secures.

EDIT: Gone

roll wrote: »
    The Gods are with me this year! Electric Arena please!!!!
    My first live Mogwai experience was at EP in the Electric Arena. 2006 according to Wiki. Haven't looked back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Anybody else with one? I'd really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Mogwai are an ideal addition, exactly what the lineup needed. Now, if one of Chance the Rapper/Kendrick/RTJ and one of Future Islands/Wild Beasts/TuneYards are added, then all my boxes are ticked!

• Advertisement

My first live Mogwai experience was at EP in the Electric Arena. 2006 according to Wiki. Haven't looked back since.

They played 2011 too.

There is a good chance that Mogwai could make it to EP alright, they are playing Richmond Park in Glasgow on 30th August, so they could make it either side of that date. http://www.mogwai.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

They played 2011 too.

clashed with pulp tho-bad buzz... left pulp to catch the end of mogwai... hate seeing bits of acts when clashes arise-should just have stayed for the end of pulp.... can't see anything denying me the full whack of mogwai this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

The Melvins would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Would love to see Pond if Tame Impala aren't a possibility.

Had an attempt at putting up the tent just there, well it was interesting to say the least.
    What is a 'mild breeze' when sitting in it or going for a walk turns into something like this
    when you try to put up a fairly large tent :p

nevertheless, got it up and she's all there and good to go. So properly excited now it's ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I know its probably already been answered a few dozen times in the thread but i had a quick look and can't see it right now so....

If i buy tickets from Ticketmaster Outlet can I avail of the payment plan or do I need to pay all in one go?

the website says "Instalment plans will be available online for all Weekend Camping and Family Weekend Camping ticket prices to any customer wishing to take advantage of a payment plan "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

danniemcq wrote: »
    I know its probably already been answered a few dozen times in the thread but i had a quick look and can't see it right now so....

If i buy tickets from Ticketmaster Outlet can I avail of the payment plan or do I need to pay all in one go?

the website says "Instalment plans will be available online for all Weekend Camping and Family Weekend Camping ticket prices to any customer wishing to take advantage of a payment plan "

You can only do installments online, in the outlet you have to pay all in one go. Had the same dilemma myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

danniemcq wrote: »

afraid not, the installment is only available via the TM website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Cheers for the replys, must take a photo of my wrist before midnight tonight then!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement