Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

Seeking out a code if anyone can spare one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

From my group of friends experience buying tickets this year most ticketmaster outlets in local music shops will give you the 155 tickets without proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

The first early bird period ends tomorrow, is it? Does that mean more acts announced on Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Cmon I want word of an announcement please, EP!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Oh dear, does anyone have a 3 picnic code? I just realised the one I have is for 2 or less :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 rumchinos

Blondie are touring, fair chance of them being announced, Playing in Belgium on Aug 31st so not for Sunday but quite possible for the Friday,

i was surprised not to see them in the first round announcement but i suppose it makes for a cracker in a second round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Blondie would be a great addition for the 8.00 mark on the Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mememealways

Hi,

Any spare codes? Please!!!!!

Hi,

Any spare codes? Please!!!!!

Jeez man you left it a bit late, wish I could help, good luck anyway and I hope it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mememealways

Jeez man you left it a bit late, wish I could help, good luck anyway and I hope it happens.

Thank you!!

• Advertisement

Some photos I took at EP last year.

1. Body & Soul main stage - Tourist's Set
    2. Bjork during the track Nattura - EP main stage, Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

pic of three wristbands if anyone wants to chance it.

I looking at the Moderat gig schedule on Songkick there is a gap in their tour from Melt Festival ending 20th July till 5th September at Berlin festival. Perhaps they are taking a months break and will resume touring through the middle of August again. http://www.songkick.com/artists/2379286-moderat/calendar?page=2 Their own website is pretty useless for tour info though only going up to April.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Have 2 €174 tickets to spare. Went out of my way to get them for friends who were just like "nah, I'll buy them later!".

However, I don't feel like just giving them away, so I want a 500 word report on why you think you deserve them, accompanied by your C.V. and a photo. (Men need not apply!)

..or you could just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Just confirmed my tickets there :)

€321 for 2 tickets all charges in

Some photos I took at EP last year.

1. Body & Soul main stage - Tourist's Set
    2. Bjork during the track Nattura - EP main stage, Saturday night.

That performance of Náttúra was EPIC! :D The pyrotechnics were intense. Was right up at the front for her set; from the very start it was brilliant but the last three songs in particular - the triple whammy of Pluto, Náttúra and Declare Independence - AMAZING!

Sadly I don't think I'll be making EP this year. Finances won't allow it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

That performance of Náttúra was EPIC! :D The pyrotechnics were intense. Was right up at the front for her set; from the very start it was brilliant but the last three songs in particular - the triple whammy of Pluto, Náttúra and Declare Independence - AMAZING!

Sadly I don't think I'll be making EP this year. Finances won't allow it. :(

Hyperballad from last year ....

.... sound quality was really excellent - as it has been the last couple on the main stage for the last couple of years. Anybody who was at Arcade Fire a couple of years back on the main stage will testify how bloody poor it was back then!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hulio jordio

Have two of the €155 discount codes if any peoples want them. I got three when I asked for one!

EDIT: Both gone

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

Have two of the €155 discount codes if any peoples want them. I got three when I asked for one!

Just PM'd you!

I'd say that if the Prodigy gig at the Marquee doesn't sell out they will probably not be announced for the Picnic, but if it sells out by May, early June there is still a chance they could be announced, otherwise it will probably be Basement Jaxx. No further dates have been announced for the Prodigy as regards the last date at Rock en Seine on 23rd August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Prodigy's ticket sales at the Marquee will have zero impact on whether or not they play EP.
    if they're playing, they have almost certainly been signed up months ago, same with pretty much all other mid-large size acts.

the Marquee gigs are Aiken who have nothing to do with EP either.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I still have my fingers crossed for Interpol.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Akrasia wrote: »
    I still have my fingers crossed for Interpol.

I reckon (and hope) they'll be playing. They were great in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Sorry for all the interpol fans, but this made me laugh:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/wtf-interpol-lyrics

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

This looks seriously cool!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

They sound good. How sh*t are the Coachella crowd though?? They're all just standing there with phones in their hands, nobody dancing hardly. :confused:

I'd like to see The Black Keys get announced as the Sunday headliner. I can't see Portishead or Beck being the daytrippers headliner as I can't see many people paying the €90 for them. Possibly Outkast, but it's been a while since they were charting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Im embarrassed for that crowd. BOB is played live for the first time in 10 years and they just stand there. Waste of oxygen, the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

I reckon (and hope) they'll be playing. They were great in 2011.

They were brilliant alright, played a good bit of antics and bright lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

Hi, I have a discount for the 3+ loyalty discount. But when I try and buy 2 tickets for €155 it says 'The number of tickets you requested exceeds the maximum allowed with your Please decrease the number of tickets you are requesting and try again'

Anybody else get this problem? Please help, I'm freaking out a little here!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement