Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Are Jimmy Eat World there twice because they're playing two different stages the same day?

[edit] yeah seems they are

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭hugeglobe

Just saw Royal Blood on jools there. They look like the real deal live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

haha surely no chance of knife party....as unreal as it would be.

Crossfaith are good craic but definitely too heavy for EP. Royal Blood and Cage the elephant would be welcome additions. Really looking forward to the next announcement. Still have a small flame of hope flickering for QOTSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Have a feeling Die Antwoord will be added. No idea why!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Wouldn't mind a bit of Danny Brown | Joey Badass from the Reading/Leeds line up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

hugeglobe wrote: »
    Just saw Royal Blood on jools there. They look like the real deal live.

Would love them to be added, they are doing a load of festivals in the summer so I'd be surprised if they don't play Ireland (not including with the Arctic Monkeys)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I concur on Royal Blood, saw them on Jools and first thought was please let them be added to the EP line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Cage The Elephant would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Death Grips and Crosses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Gogol Bordello playing in one of the tents would be amazing ...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

id love to see some of these added......

Moderat
    Booka Shade
    Boys Noize
    Gramatik
    Parov Stelar
    Brodinski
    Janelle Monae
    Royksopp & Robin
    Shlohmo
    The 2 Bears
    Kavinski
    Pendulum - Dj Set
    FKJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

If those stories about mogwai and Chromeo self-confirming are true, then I'll be happy with the next announcement whatever happens.

Otherwise my wishlist is:

Chance the rapper
    65 daysofstatic
    Future islands
    Wild beasts
    Tvvins
    Kendrick
    Enemies
    Antlers
    Dan le Sac vs SP
    Capital cities
    Carbiou
    Childish gambino

Not too much to ask, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Any chance of AFX or Antlers realistically? All looks like hearsay but I thought Portishead wouldn't happen so you never know!

Booka Shade and Chromeo would be nice if confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This was the announcement from Bestival today for the Red Bull Academy Stage:
    THURSDAY - NUMBERS
    Jackmaster & Oneman: Can You Dance
    Redinho live
    Kool Clap live
    Spencer b2b Optimo

FRIDAY - TROPICAL
    JME
    Skepta
    Preditah & C4
    Plastician
    Slimzee & Riko Dan
    Logan Sama
    DJ EZ
    Elijah b2b Skilliam

SATURDAY - HARVEY'S DISCOTHEQUE
    DJ Harvey
    Daniel Avery
    Pachanga Boys
    Eric Duncan
    Hugo Capablanca
    Jolly Mare
    Andre Laos

SUNDAY - DIPLO & FRIENDS
    Diplo
    Kaytranada
    Trippy Turtle
    Martelo
    Artwork
    DJ Slow
    Sinjin Hawke

I don't know if there is also a main announcement to come, but what pricked my ears yesterday from the Reading and Leeds announcement was Gessafelstein. Now I know he is touring late august and is in the UK the weekend before so surely he is in with a chance for an announcement at the Picnic.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Gawd I feel old now, don't know a single artist on that list. ^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm hoping for;

CZC3
    Corporate Services
    Q-Connect
    Aurora
    Big Number
    County Hall
    Trodat
    Register
    Klik

Royal Blood are playing Marley with Arctic Monkeys and then Leeds. Whats the chances of an EP appearance?

Any chance of AFX or Antlers realistically? All looks like hearsay but I thought Portishead wouldn't happen so you never know!

Booka Shade and Chromeo would be nice if confirmed.

Looks like Richard is having a fallow year, numerous websites list no gigs at all for 2014. His last reported gig was the Barbrican in London October 2012, so maybe for 2015 hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Gawd I feel old now, don't know a single artist on that list. ^^^^^

I thought I recognised one of them, but on closer inspection, it read DJ Harvey

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    I thought I recognised one of them, but on closer inspection, it read DJ Harvey

I had the same senior moment!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm hoping for;

CZC3
    Corporate Services
    Q-Connect
    Aurora
    Big Number
    County Hall
    Trodat
    Register
    Klik

Stop making up band names Bazmo....

Man, i'm old

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Stop making up band names Bazmo....

Man, i'm old

Ha. I was wondering if anybody would cop it. I just picked random names from what was around my desk. I thought that was the game that everybody else was playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ha. I was wondering if anybody would cop it. I just picked random names from what was around my desk. I thought that was the game that everybody else was playing?

you dont know any of the groups/people i mentioned? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Couldn't see Bombay bicycle club there again?

Just wondering if Foster the people could fill the Sunday gap in terms of day ticket appeal?
    Personally don't think Beck is enough (Although he's deadly, particularly his new album) for some odd reason I think Beck fans will be full weekenders rather than day trippers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Getting impatient now even though it hasn't been that long since the initial release. Looking at Unknown festival over in Croatia the week after EP and it has a lot of acts I would love to see at Picnic; Henrik Schwarz, Daniel Avery, George Fitzgerald, Jackmaster, Mano Le Tough, Prins Thomas, Tale of Us, Waze & Odyssey along with more I mentioned earlier in the thread, and if I could pick one out of the whole line up Simian Mobile Disco, who sometimes gig with Bicep if I'm not mistaken? Would be very happy to see them announced, as they are free the weekend of EP too.

I won't hold my breathe for any of the above, I was actually quite unfamiliar with a lot of the electronic acts last year but they were still very good. Just hoping we hear something in the next week or two!

Fatfrog wrote: »

Just wondering if Foster the people could fill the Sunday gap in terms of day ticket appeal?
    Personally don't think Beck is enough (Although he's deadly, particularly his new album) for some odd reason I think Beck fans will be full weekenders rather than day trippers!

Well unless he is subbing, the main stage closes at midnight on Sunday night, maybe there will be someone of higher profile added later for the 10.30 - midnight slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Fatfrog wrote: »

Foster the people aren't that popular anymore, couldn't see them being later than 7 on the main stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Libertines are getting back together to play Hyde Park in July. Very, very, very slim chance but if they were added to the EP lineup I wouldn't care who else was!

• Advertisement

HighClass wrote: »
    Libertines are getting back together to play Hyde Park in July. Very, very, very slim chance but if they were added to the EP lineup I wouldn't care who else was!

Apparently just a one off I think, they have been ruled out of Glastonbury and other festivals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement